kalbya al khafak

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
is this song by his Holiness in english too???

Comments

• I don't believe so.
  • but i think i heard it be4???
  • you mean you heard it english? please let me know; i love this song and i'm working on translating it into english!
  • I really doubt it but perhaps..
  • wow r u gonna translate it Rabi-Yaso3-Bey7ebeni ?

that's be awesome and emm will u post it for us here??? ;)

GBU
  • of course i would...i would need alot of help fixing it. translating is difficult as it is, and to do this powerful song justice in english, it will be very difficult. i almost gave up on it, but now you guys have given me courage, so just pray for me. thanx
  • rabena ma3ak ya raby-Yaso3-bey7ebeny.... kolena are with you to the end!! ;D if you need any help, just ask anyone of us and we'll try to help you as much as possible. you are doing a very good deed. may God bless you and bless your hard work. :)
  • wohhhoooo! you are giving way more credit than i deserve, i haven't even done that much yet...please don't burden me as such..keda mesh kowayes 3ala shany or 3ala my ego :D
  • u want courage? how much?

courage courage courage courage courage couragecourage couragecourage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage courage

tell me when u had enough k? lol

may God give u never ending hope in ur life

if u need nehelp pm/ email me :)

god bless!
  • i dont think the translation is that big of a problem, but the problem is adjusting the words so that it goes with the tune, i dont know how u would do that, here is my best translation except for verse 6 i dont know about that :-[ :-\..the arabic words in the song are kind of difficult to understand in arabic itself!...good luck..hope this helps a little, if it makes any sense at all...

1- My throbbing heart has turned into Your home, in my chest is Your dwelling place
    2- I have left the world and its pleasures and abandoned all, so I can live with You
    3-I have no thought nor opinion nor desire but to follow You
    4-And my father Jacob, I know his secret, I know now how he wrestled You
    5- O my heart’s friend how sweet are You, You are above all, feared, You are amazing
    6-O strong One, being whipped for me but Your love has dried Your tears (????)
    7-The world was not enough, it is too small, how then can you fit in our hearts?
    8- I have left the world and its pleasures and abandoned all, so I can live with you
    9- I have left all except You, I have none in this isolated life but You
    10- I prevented my thoughts from wandering, for where You are there my thoughts are
    11-I have forgotten family and friends, and even myself, all for Your love
    12-I have forgotten all for Your love, o my heart’s joy, so don’t forget Your child
    13- You are not far from my soul that is in silence waiting for Your call
    14-Truly You are in the heavens, but also in every heart that loves You
    15-This eye, I have closed it, from seeing things, so I might see only You
    16- And also my ears, I have blocked them from idle talk, so I can hear You
  • rabena y3awadek PrincessMary, this certainly helps, i'm still working on it though, you got several good lines, but like #6, i think you miss translated it. be patient with me, i know it's taking a while.
    please remember me in your prayers.
    maria
  • wow this is awesome lol when i sang it in arabic i didnt understand half of it but now i do!

come on god be with you i soo like this song!
  • hey mnc_hnn check "happy trip" and write back
  • alright! :D
  • oh yea i found out sumthin i asked my mom lol:

#6 says in arabic adma madma3ak this means make u cry more but i can't fit anything with the tune though so u guys r betta i think u'll be able 2 do this by the grace of God!

God bless you all!
  • this is just awesome!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

hv u got anymore from these stuff? or was it only 1 track?

anyway thanks HEAPSSS for sharing i love it especially the wateva u call it violen or whatevaa :o
  • Thanks for your kindness,

It is called Cello that you liked ... Cello is much bigger thank Violin and it is played standing up right between the musician legs.

I have other tracks but I uploaded this one since it is related to the topic.

Cheers

Emad
  • btw on the 6th line it means:

ya kaweyan momsekan:

o strong one holding

belsout:

the thing that u use to whip people

fe kafehe:

in his palm

wal hobo:

and the love

yodmy madma3ak:

makes you cry

but i can NEVER put it into a useful sentence and i cant get words that fit so can u help with this any1?
  • Here it is guys, this is what I came up with....I couldn't wait to finish finals so I could work on it, so let me know what you think.

In my throbbing heart I have hid Your place,
    Deep in my bosom is Your dwelling place.
    I have forsaken the world and its pleasures,
    And abondoned all so that I may live with You.
    I have no desire, nor passion, nor
    Have I a thought but to follow You.
    And my father Jacob I know his secret,
    Now I know how he chased after you.
    O kind-heart O how sweet are You!
    Mighty and exalted glorious above all.
    O mighty one with a whip in Your palm,
    as Your heart overflows with love for all mankind.
    The world is not enough to contain all of You,
    How then could my heart compose all of You.
    I have forsaken the world and its pleasures,
    And abondoned all so that I may live with You.

Lord, I have deserted all but not You,
    In the sojourn of my life I have none but You.
    And my thoughts I've prevented from wandering
    So where ever You are there my thoughts also
    I have forgotten my family and my friends,
    And even forgot myself for Your love.
    I forgot them all all in love of You.
    O joy of my heart, so don't forget Your child.
    You are not far from my soul that awaits
    Your visiting call in the calm silence.
    Truely You're in heaven, however every
    Heart that lived in Your love is also Your heaven.
    Here are my eyes and I have closed them
    From seeing the world so that I could see You,
    And likewise my ears, I have cleared them
    From all idle talk, so I could hear Your voice.

In my throbbing heart I have hid Your place,
    Deep in my bosom is Your dwelling place.

Try to sing it with the music that Sydney made, I wish there was a way I could sing it to the music and send it to you guys. Let me know if you catch on to the problem lines.
  • if u wanna record it u can dwnld this program:

http://www.goldwave.com/

and hey, that is great, most of it but the bit of the refrain :

as Your heart overflows with love for all mankind.

it's not translated literally and i think the arabic refrain sounded soo emotional so hv u got any ideas how to make it better

but i think it's such wonderful translating and GBU!!!
  • i think thats a beautiful translation :) but i was wondering could someone explain to me what this line is about "O mighty one with a whip in Your palm" why would there be a whip in Jesus's hand? is this talking about how He had a whip and got the people who were selling stuff in the temple out or is it about something else?, thanks
  • Jesus having a whip in His palm simply refers to how He disiplines us, kind of like a mom disiplines her child by hitting him or yelling at him, but she doesn't want to hurt him becuase she love him so much. So God displines us, but it breaks His heart when He punishs us.
  • oh i see, thanks rabi yasoo3 :)
  • aww, you're so cute...you're welcome!
  • ohhh nice explaining!!!! :)

GB
  • there is so much in that goldwave website, i dunno where to begin, if you know exactly what i'm suppose to do, please let me know..thanx
  • http://www.goldwave.com/release.php#download

this one click on number 1 download link which says:

1- Self-Installing GoldWave v5.13 on Simtel (global locations)

i wish i helped i'm not good with these stuff
  • Sydny, I was just looking at this thread now and the song you posted was about a month ago... :( I was wondering if you would be kind enough to post it again.... Thank you so much...

And about the other song... Kalbya al Khafak... does anyone have it in arabic?
  • hi all,
    i think for the 6th phrase it means "love makes your tears as blood",so can we say ( and love is bleeding your tears)
    &
    for you christ here it is in arabic

http://www.st-takla.org/Lyrics-Spiritual-Songs/07-Coptic-Taraneem-Kalemat_Kaf-Kaaf-Laam/2albeya-Al-Khaffak.html
  • I understand what that 6th line says, but as I said before, when it come to translating a song, it's about getting the spirit of the meaning across, not literal translation, because what might make sense in arabic, may not make sense in english if translated literally especially when you have to keep the same tone. :D