Copt killed in Alexandria

Hi
Sadly, i just wanted to share this article with you about a coptic being stabbed in alexandria... It is very upsetting that this has happened... I just hope people dont start blaiming all muslims for what as happened, as a majority of muslims in egypt are not fundamentalists... Anyway, the link is here ---> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4909378.stm

Rabana maak..

Matt

Comments

• Another article (from the morning) about the horrible attacks:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12313596/

May God strengthen us through this time.

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691

• Just an update, that ive heard, apparently the guy that did it was mentally ill... Whether he really is, or just an excuse to placate people, we may never know..

Rabana Maak

Matt
  • Just one other point i just came across this second, that is most interesting:
    "In a rare move, the Muslim Brotherhood, the largest opposition party, endorsed the Christian protests, accusing the Interior Ministry of failing to protect churches adequately."

Rabana Maak

Matt
  • [quote author=matt88 link=board=4;threadid=3645;start=0#msg52657 date=1145058061]
    Just an update, that ive heard, apparently the guy that did it was mentally ill... Whether he really is, or just an excuse to placate people, we may never know..

Rabana Maak

Matt

I was just talking to my Earth Science teacher yesterday about the recent attack because of the play, and told her about the 3 murders and the stabbed nun, her face was very suprised, a lot of people here don't know what's going on in the world!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • You all have to see Arabic Dish, but it's done now, all these christians in the morning protested, 17 were wounded, and this christian lying in bed I think in the hospital, he was wounded on his hand, and such, and he described the guy with the knife like it was happening, he said there was this guy that was tall coming in with 2 knifes in his hands and would want to kill or wound anyone in front of him, whether he/she is christian or muslim, it's so sad, many were wounded, even muslims as well, and the congregation protesting was very big, a huge mob of christians were piled, and the other sites that matt88 and Godhelpme3691 websites they gave us, it said 2 people with knifes came in, but the third was stopped by the security guards!

Forever,
    Cotpic Servent
  • In a rare move, the Muslim Brotherhood, the largest opposition party, endorsed the Christian protests, accusing the Interior Ministry of failing to protect churches adequately."

How nice ! In Egypt, we have a saying: " Kill a victim and walk in his funeral", pointing to the hypocrisy of somebody who pretends to be innocent when he is the mastermind and perpetrator of a certain act.

Islamic brotherhood , since its foundation in 1928 by Hassan El-Banah, has been the source of problems in the whole region and have been very successful in spreading a fanatic islamic agenda throughout the region, starting from Egypt. Their representative in Europe, Tarek Ramadan, who has risen into prominence in the last few years and has endorsed the violent protests against the french institutions a few months back. They have organized and financed most attacks against Copts in Egypt. Maybe a good read on the subject is "El-maal wa el-helal" by Shaker El-Tarabulsi, or the "El-Gama3ah EL-Ma7soura" by Saeed El-Ashmawy.

To get more acquainted with their philosophy, One can read the masterpiece "3alamat 3ala el-taree2" by Sayed Kotb, the philosopher and ideologist of the group. It calls for total extermination of non-muslim, adopting a step-by-step method that the group has excellently executed during the past 40 years.

I just hope people dont start blaiming all muslims for what as happened, as a majority of muslims in egypt are not fundamentalists

How woud you measure this "fundamentalism" , and is it necessary something bad ? Muslims in Egypt are fanatics and they have been influenced by many political and social as well as religious transformations since the 1952 revolution that have turned them indeed into hardliners when it comes to Islam. 80 % of egyptian females over 16 years old are wearing the veil (hijab), less1 % of Copts (10-15 %) get any governmental jobs and Egypt is indeed turning into another Iran.

Frankly, I do not blame the muslims who performed the attack, I blame the government for its conspiracy with the islamic brotherhood group (in an act of stupidity because they will seize power one day) when they released about 3000 of its followers a couple of years back and when it released Essam El-Irian, the prominent figure among the brotherhood.

Moreover, I blame the continuous succession of governments who have supported the spreading of the fanatic islamic agenda.

It is not the hour to defend muslims and Islam, better care for our bretheren who are being slaughtered and try to offer some protection for them. Islam does not lack the resources to defend itself and its followers, we do not need to take responsibility for their defense.

• Starvo, i agree with some of your points, and disagree with many other points. However, im not going to get into an argument or even a debate in regards to my personal opinion on the religious conflict in Egypt right now. I just dont think that criticising one group (religious or governmental) will ultimately have a positive effect on what's happening...

Rabana Maak..

Matt
  • Dear Matt88,
    it is alright. I just took the reference to the islamic brotherhood in your post as an introduction to shed some light on the history, ideology and way this group operates through listing some references in order to better understand the situation in Egypt.

Islamic brotherhood are by no means friends of the Copts. If you check their agenda for the past elections, you will find no where the mention of the word "Egypt" for their proposed "reform" steps. All the talk is dedicated to islam and the islamic nation. Quite ironic, considering these elections were actually held for "Egyptian" parliment. SO I found it quite ridiculus that they would even give a thought about Copts, as they are egyptian and on top of that christians.

As for the national sentiments towards this group, it is fair to say that this group got the most votes among the parties in the last elections, and the results got falsified by the government. It shows you the degree of support they command and what the true results would be given a fair "democratic" election.

Take care.
  • Hey guys this is really weird, because of something i heard a few weeks ago. I remember a few ppl including my sunday school teacher telling us that whenever saint mary appears liek that, its because something just happened, is happening, or will happen, then about a week later this happens! :-\
  • [quote author=CopticPete link=board=4;threadid=3645;start=0#msg52683 date=1145108526]
    Hey guys this is really weird, because of something i heard a few weeks ago. I remember a few ppl including my sunday school teacher telling us that whenever saint mary appears liek that, its because something just happened, is happening, or will happen, then about a week later this happens! :-\

I never knew that, but that's very interesting CopticPete, well, maybe God is giving us a warning, you should have seen the huge Coptic Christian mob in Alexandria, and 1/3 churches was the same church as last time, just imagine your church, one of the people around was killed, and 17 were wounded, I seriously can not imagine, it's too cruel!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I have to say something quick, I'm very proud of the Coptic Christians in Alexandria, there protesting, and standing up for there faith, and the security guards now check if people are christian or muslim, the saddest moment was when I heard about the Copt killed!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • My Egyptian Brothers and Sisters,

My deepest compassion to you all, to the families of the victimis in particular, concerning the tragic events of the past days.

I truly appreciate your courage and perserverance that you have kept on keeping on your wonderful faith throughout history and generations overcoming all the challenges that forces of devil had constantly put on your path.

As an Ethiopian Christian, I would like to express my sincere solidarity to you in every possible way.

Let's all pray together and strength our faith with forgiveness, tolerance and peace!

God bless you all, and happy Easter!

Abramdethiopian
  • [quote author=Abramdethiopian link=board=4;threadid=3645;start=0#msg52744 date=1145243961]
    My Egyptian Brothers and Sisters,

My deepest compassion to you all, to the families of the victimis in particular, concerning the tragic events of the past days.

I truly appreciate your courage and perserverance that you have kept on keeping on your wonderful faith throughout history and generations overcoming all the challenges that forces of devil had constantly put on your path.

As an Ethiopian Christian, I would like to express my sincere solidarity to you in every possible way.

Let's all pray together and strength our faith with forgiveness, tolerance and peace!

God bless you all, and happy Easter!

Abramdethiopian

Welcome Abramdethiopian happy to have you here, and thank you for your concern and your thoughts, it is nice of you to pray for all the Egyptian Copts!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent