i need help ASAP

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
does anyone know where can i get an icon of Zachariah the prophet.. one of the twelve minor prophets.. He was the prophet who was killed between the altar and the temple.. if anybody has his icon plz email it to me ASAP.. thank you

Comments

• Thanks so Much

God bless
  • [quote author=Mina A. link=board=11;threadid=3299;start=0#msg48585 date=1140559547]
    does anyone know where can i get an icon of Zachariah the prophet.. one of the twelve minor prophets.. He was the prophet who was killed between the altar and the temple.. if anybody has his icon plz email it to me ASAP.. thank you

wronggggggg,
    first, Zachariah the prophet, was one of the twelve miner prophets BUT he is not the same as Zecharaiah the PREIST who was killed before the alter.

for info about Zachariah the prophet, please visit:
    http://classes.saintmark.com/file.php/9/Notes/01.Introduction_to_the_Book_of_Zecharia.pdf

And also here is the link for the bible study that is done by Fr. Abraam Sleman of St.Mark's Church JC. http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Sermons/Fr._Abraam_Sleman/2005/Book_of_Zechariah.html

• He was the prophet who was killed between the altar and the temple..

The one who is killed between the alter and the temple is Zacharia the priest, the father of John the Baptist.
  • NOPE
    accually not to brag... i am right.. he was killed between the temple and the alter..if u want prove just read todays sSynaxarium .. which is AMshir the 15th... which states the follows...

The Coptic Synaxarium Readings for: Amshir 15
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    [1] The Departure of St. Zechariah, the Prophet.
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    On this day St. Zechariah the Prophet, the son of Berechiah, one of the twelve minor prophets, departed. He was from the tribe of Levi, born in the land of Gilead, and was exiled to the land of the Chaldeans.

In exile, he started to prophesy, in the second year of King Darius, 520 B.C. He prophesied about "Jeshua, the son of Jozadak," and "Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel," that they would rebuild the temple. (Ezra 5:1; 6:14)

He prophesied also about the entrance of the Lord to Jerusalem riding a donkey, the foal of a donkey (Zechariah 9:9); the thirty pieces of silver that Judas Iscariot received to deliver his Master to the Jews (Matthew 26:14-15); the scattering of the disciples on the night of the crucifixion; the coming of Christ in glory; and the grief of the children of Israel who did not believe in Him (Zechariah 12:10). He also prophesied about many other things.

He was the prophet who was killed between the altar and the temple. He was buried in Jerusalem in the tomb of the prophets.

His prayers be with us. Amen.

good try tho

Mina
  • MY BAD, i was confused.
    u know what Abouna Abraam Sleman realized yesterday in bible study (to who ever know about the live bibile study), that yesterdays lecutre was tha last one and also the night of the departure of the prophet. that's y we did axeios for st mray and him.
  • Wait I am confused...I thought it's the same person, wasn't Zechariah (the father of John) the last prophet who was killed between the altar and the temple when they were looking for John?
    "Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar." Matthew 23:34-35
  • no, accualy the last prophet of the old testmeant was st john tha baptist... zachraih the prohet and zechriah the priest are 2 differnet ppl
  • Mina A,
    I acknowledge , that I was wrong, you are a humble person and you have the right to brag!!

Marianne 87,
    I was thinking exactly like you, but Zachariah the Prophet whom the Lord Jesus Christ mentioned in Matthew 23:,
    “ Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar." Matthew 23:34-35
    Is the one of the 12 lesser prophets of Israel during the exile in Babylon about 500 BC

“ In the eighth month, in the second year of Darius, the word of the LORD came to Zechari'ah the son of Berechi'ah, son of Iddo, the prophet, saying,.......” Zachariah 1 : 1

• an off topic question...Is Zachariah (John's father) a prophet?
  • [quote author=Mina A. link=board=11;threadid=3299;start=0#msg48691 date=1140650045]
    no, accualy the last prophet of the old testmeant was st john tha baptist... zachraih the prohet and zechriah the priest are 2 differnet ppl

THE last prophet of the last testament was CHRIST himself...

just had to clear that up...
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=11;threadid=3299;start=0#msg48699 date=1140653543]
    [quote author=Mina A. link=board=11;threadid=3299;start=0#msg48691 date=1140650045]
    no, accualy the last prophet of the old testmeant was st john tha baptist... zachraih the prohet and zechriah the priest are 2 differnet ppl

Definetly not..Christ is not a prophet...he is the Son of God...only muslims believe he was a prophet...John is the last prophet. Prophet is a human sent by God to preach about God, Jesus is God himself in a human form not a human sent by God
  • [quote author=Marianne87 link=board=11;threadid=3299;start=0#msg48697 date=1140652480]
    an off topic question...Is Zachariah (John's father) a prophet?

he was a priest.. idont thinik he was a prophet.. i could be rong

Minaa
  • [quote author=Marianne87 link=board=11;threadid=3299;start=15#msg48700 date=1140653874]
    [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=11;threadid=3299;start=0#msg48699 date=1140653543]
    [quote author=Mina A. link=board=11;threadid=3299;start=0#msg48691 date=1140650045]

Definetly not..Christ is not a prophet...he is the Son of God...only muslims believe he was a prophet...John is the last prophet. Prophet is a human sent by God to preach about God, Jesus is God himself in a human form not a human sent by God

hmm i heard this by a priest himself... he even had a reference from the Bible but I dont remember what it was... ill ask him next time i see him...
  • Marianne87,

an off topic question...Is Zachariah (John's father) a prophet?

He was a priest from the tribe of Levy,
    The last prophet of Israel was Malachi and that was 400 years BC before the Advent of Christ.
  • Are you sure it wasn't John the Baptist the last prophet, because I heard multiple times he was the last one.
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=11;threadid=3299;start=15#msg48702 date=1140654382]
    [quote author=Marianne87 link=board=11;threadid=3299;start=15#msg48700 date=1140653874]
    [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=11;threadid=3299;start=0#msg48699 date=1140653543]

hmm i heard this by a priest himself... he even had a reference from the Bible but I dont remember what it was... ill ask him next time i see him...

like i said before.. St john the Baptist is the last prophet of the old testment.. JEsus Christ the THE PROPHET.. not the last prophet of the old testement.. to repeat again.. ST JOHN THE BAPTIST IS THE LAST PROPHET OF THE OLD TESTEMENT
  • here is what my priest said

Depending on how you define the prophet? The Lord held a prophetic office… Deut.18 as he held a priestly office according to the order of Melchizadek and he were and is a king ……We need to be careful in using these theological terms …