God the FAther and God the Son

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
some one asked me this question and i dont no what to say.... do u no how we say in the greed.. that God the Son sits at the right hand of God the father to judge the living and the dead... how is tha tpossible.. how could God (the trinity) sit next to himslef?... i dont no what to say.. if anybody could explain it plz do..

i got another question 2... do u guys no how were are all called sons of God.. how is THE SON OF GOD different .. how could we prove that THE SON OF GOD is GOD..not like us

and last bu tnot least.. on good friday while jesus was on the cross.. he said i mark 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is translated, My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?.. what is he saying.. God the father has forssken him???

thanks so much.. i hope this is not too much

Comments

• Mina A,
    The answer to your first question:

The Eternal Word of God, The second Person of the Holy Trinity, The Son, united to Himself a human body specific to Himself, in the Divine Incarnation. The Incarnate Son of God, Our Lord Jesus Christ, suffered on the cross, died and buried, by his human flesh, rose from death by His own same body in complete unity with His Divine Nature, and after forty days ascended into heaven. Now, in heaven Our Lord Christ has our nature in the best place of honour which is denoted in the creed, you mentioned, as the right hand of the Father. His Divinity, at all time, on earth, on the cross, in the tomb and in heaven is one with the Holy Trinity. God in His Trinity is a simple Spirit fills the whole creation, heaven, earth and under the earth. He dose not have right or left, ears or eyes, the Bible uses this metaphors for us to understand. The right side means power, honour and importance.

" When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high. " Hebrews 1 :3
    Meaning that His Humanity is at the honourable place in heaven.

• [quote author=Mina A. link=board=1;threadid=3280;start=0#msg48429 date=1140406400]
    and last bu tnot least.. on good friday while jesus was on the cross.. he said i mark 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is translated, My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?.. what is he saying.. God the father has forssken him???

In order for the salvation to be granted to us, a HUMAN have to die for us. and here, Christ human part comes in action. So the Father had to leave him here cuz Christ had to die like a human.
  • Peace,

I think it was Seraphim of Sarov (yes, I know he's not Coptic) who asked an Angel about the nature of the sitting at the right hand of the Father. The reply he recieved was basically that this was beyond human comprehension and that it is impossible for us to understand the exact meaning of this term. We must ensure that we don't take such things literally (God the Father is not human and does not have hands). In most places in the Bible, the Hebrew word "yamin" (right hand) is a euphamism for power or strength.

As for Jesus cry on the Cross, this cannot be understood unless we distinguish between the human and divine natures of Christ. Both the Coptic (non-Chalcedonian) Church and the Chalcedonian Orthodox Church rejected the Eutychian (monophysite) heresy. Basically, it was in His human nature that Christ felt abandoned by God (the Divinity, according to the Holy Fathers, is not passionate like us - does not suffer like us), not in His Divinity.
  • from minagir on today at 03:46:28pm

In order for the salvation to be granted to us, a HUMAN have to die for us. and here, Christ human part comes in action. So the Father had to leave him here cuz Christ had to die like a human.

I don't think that is right minagir, because Jesus was not two different things (divine and human). Jesus was one as in the The Confession, during the Liturgy the preist says "Truly I believe that his divinity parted not from his humanity for a single moment nor a twinkling of an eye."
  • StPaultheAnchorite,

I think minagir did not mean to make such division in the nature of the Lord Christ. He just want to say that Christ on the cross was representing humanity when He was speaking to the Heavenly Father.
  • Mina A,
    The answer to your second question:

i got another question 2... do u guys no how were are all called sons of God.. how is THE SON OF GOD different .. how could we prove that THE SON OF GOD is GOD..not like us

The Son of God, the Logos, the Eternal Word of God is God Himself, He is one with the Father and the Holy Spirit.
    Our sonhood to the Heavenly Father is by adoption through the Lord Jesus Christ. Christ is of the same Divine Nature as the Father and the Holy Spirit. As we, the son of God are of human nature, not divine, and by the Grace of God became the household of God.
  • By the way, I didn't mean to sound rude or anything. I am sorry if i offended anyone