Crushes

Idk is it ok for a boy to have a crush only a crush on a girl or a girl to have a crush on a boy?

Comments

• Then what after you have a crush...are u going to act upon those feelings or are you just going to like them in silence
  • well Marianne87 thats what most GIRLS do then they just get over it. I think its OK to have a crush as long as u don't obsess over them.
  • Hello

I think having a crush is natural but as a christean, we should be ware of it. Once we know, we should pray hard so that we could get over. If it was the work of the devil to tempt our flesh, am sure it will be gone by prayers and fast. If not, it is better to talk to our father of confession about it, before we take any further action. I will hear what u will say.
    God bless us all
  • God created us with emotions. It does no good to bind them up as if our Creator wasn't mindful of what he created us with. I don't mean that you should like everyone but accept it..it's not wrong but I'd say it's better to control yourself and learn to abstain until a better time. It's dangerous to have crushes..you could start forgetting God and become self absorbed and you know, all that stuff..but hopefully, you control yourself and not enter such a phase where matters can quickly become out of hand..so no, it's not wrong..just dangerous.
  • how can u control it when its natural??
    i mean u can have them but i think u should keep them to urself till the rite time comes..
  • [quote author=kokie link=board=10;threadid=2975;start=0#msg45065 date=1136082571]
    how can u control it when its natural??

Control doesn't refer to a complete end to anything..it doesn't refer to a complete stop of that which is 'natural'..it simply means to keep your emotions in control of your spirit rather than your spirit in control of your emotions..any thing of the sinful human nature can be called 'natural' and everything in our nature must be controlled..even the good things..it's our nature to have such emotions but not controlling those emotions can lead to bad situations..for example, it's normal for a girl to have a 'crush' on a guy..but if she doesn't control her self, sooner or later she'll become obsessive with her appearance, her actions, etc..becoming completely self-absorbed and completely forgetting her spirituality..is it 'natural' to cause yourself to be in such a dangerous state? Ofcourse not..but without control of what is 'natural' comes the unnatural..
  • Commplements to the Chef...great topic!!
  • crushes must be crushed... before they crush you
  • LOL i like that bishoy ;D

i think praying a psalm from time to time should be sufficient to be able to cope with a crush :)
  • Adults can talk about this, not kids.

Don't take it the wrong way
  • [quote author=ServantOfJesus link=board=10;threadid=2975;start=0#msg45509 date=1136943190]
    [quote author=George M link=board=10;threadid=2975;start=0#msg45453 date=1136844628]
    Adults can talk about this, not kids.

Don't take it the wrong way

Actually, my friend, crushes are kinda beneath adults as they are usually beyond that..crushes are more common among teens and youth who would be the users here discussing it if I'm not wrong..and teens and youth do not fall under 'kids'. ::)

That is true ServentOfJesus, yes the youth and teen years are the most times of your life that you will have feelings for someone, but can we stop crushes? of course not, because we're human! Absolutely that youth are the average ages that will begin to have feelings or possibly a crush on someone, but make sure to always have God infront of anyone!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • hmmm this is where "keeping yourself busy" comes in. if you keep yourself occupied you would never develop a crush to begin with, and even if you do it does not take over your mind.
  • I concur.
  • Yes, Christ4Life this is correct, try to make yourself think of something else if you want it to stop, I know EXACTLY what can keep you off thinking about your crush all the time, READING THE BIBLE! Also showing affection to some will probably grab their attention, I'm just going to say something real quick, is that what are you going to do next when your crush speaks to you, what are you going to go out on a date? or what, not saying you should or anything, but a crush is a crush, we should think about this when you are almost finished with High School or even starting College or done with College and planning to have a family!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • but you cant marry someone you have a "crush" on. you have to love this person with all your heart and be willing to share the rest of ur life with them... you can occupy yourself with many things such as going to church, reading anything not just the bible, although that is what i would prefer. you can also spend time with friends, family, ect..
  • i think crushes are ok when you have them. after all, you can't help your self when you have a crush that it is that easy to stop but. and i don't think it is that easy to just let go to the person you have a crush on even if you do try to pre-occupy your self. i am not saying that that doesn't work for everyone but it depends on how serious your crush is with the person. i think it just goes away when the person gets on your nerves lol.
  • here's something to think about....what if your crush goes to your same church!!??? and when you go, you just see him/her BY ACCIDENT!!!??? you might concentrate on the service, yes, but AFTER church the thought of him comes to mind and its hard to let go. THEN WAT???... ???

hope u guys can help..God Bless.
  • If that problem occurs many times, the best thing to do, is do the sign of the cross, if it still keeps occuring like this, just think of something else, or go away! Hope I helped!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • in this case, i say talk to your FOC... he knows best on this one...
  • actualy crushes aint only about looks cause i just know that for a fact sometimes its for the others person personality but ya thats its true most of the time its allways the looks but for me im different i look at the personality some people think like me dono maybe im alone on this one ??? ::)
  • uhh..yeah, it's definitely not on looks..if it is, then well, that's very sad..sad indeed..that's not even a reason to like someone..
  • ok depending on what age u r....if in teenage ages...i am living proof that u go on looks...but when u become older n mature...looks become a last resort..i am happy to say....i will get my senses bak soon...

jks people.... ;D ;D
  • [quote author=why ....i will get my senses bak soon...

lets hope so...hehehehehhe

personally i believe looks arent everything, its the heart that matters. if u spend the rest of ur life wif someone, are u gona b relyin on their looks or their personality/heart???

thats my 2 cents (soz benyamin had 2 use it ;))
  • [quote author=mazza link=board=10;threadid=2975;start=15#msg46531 date=1138530643]
    [quote author=why ....i will get my senses bak soon...

lets hope so...hehehehehhe

personally i believe looks arent everything, its the heart that matters. if u spend the rest of ur life wif someone, are u gona b relyin on their looks or their personality/heart???

thats my 2 cents (soz benyamin had 2 use it ;))

true here...

thats ma two cents... >:( how dare you...
  • u know u stil love me hehehehehehehe :-*
  • i dooooooo i dooooooooo i dooooooooooo
  • anyway...back to the topic of crushes...
  • i dont think it matters if its ok or not because we cant do anything to control it.
    just as long as it doesnt get out of hand. i think we all now that at a teen age, it is not right/smart to have a boyfriend/girlfriend. cuz in the end, someone is just going to get hurt and we dont want that.

~ Daughter of God
  • [quote author=why link=board=10;threadid=2975;start=15#msg46528 date=1138520549]
    ok depending on what age u r....if in teenage ages...i am living proof that u go on looks...but when u become older n mature...looks become a last resort..i am happy to say....i will get my senses bak soon...

jks people.... ;D ;D

I'm livingproof that you do not always go on looks if you are a teenager.
  • Eh, regardless, if you like someone for their appearance, then you should stop immediately..it could remain to be an 'attraction' but there's no reason to create a fuss over something so vain.