Am I meant to give tithes even though I dont think I work?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Am I meant to give tithes even though I dont think I work?

And I dont know how much money I have I think... some sources of money I have is from grandparents for christmas and easter over some years?

Comments

• It's something between God, you and your FOC.
  • first of your either generating some sort of income or your not. if your not then theres a pardon, if you are then u must. Just read what the Lord says to His ppl in the book of Habakuk.
    The best way to put is "Give God according to your income lest He make your income according to your giving" yor FOC has nothing to do with it, this is between God and you.
  • do u now the story og the lady that had ONLY like 2 five cents which she gave to the church from heart...well my point is...no. 1 it doesnt matter if u work or not...what eva u receive u put a tith...before buying what u want...n tith btw doesnt only relate to money but to time, money and everything else...oh n service... :)
  • Actually everyone should get the advice from their FOC not from any of us...because FOC are more experienced in that and they know the person much more than we do...so his FOC does have something to do with it.
  • I don't know about calculating our income and doing a standard accountancy equation to figure it out...God is one to look at the heart and its state...even if one is earning and cannot afford a full tithe payment, then one ought to give what they can, and God will bless the rest...its not the quantity, but the quality. like our friend reminding us of the lady that gave the 2 pense, the value of the heart that is giving is far more valuable than the value of fiscal trade unit. as St. Paul wrote in his epistle to the Corinthians, "..God loves a chearful giver."...and a cheerful giver is not going to count how much they put in and if they have to...they do it because they want to, whether it is from earned income, gifts, found items or even products of one's own labour.
    Secondly, tithing is not only 10% of money...it is 10% of EVERYTHING that God gives us; Wealth, health, energy, time, knowledge, wisdom, talents...etc. Tithing our income is only a starting point that God uses as a tool to get us used to the concept of giving.
    May God grant you all the gift of His love to give abundantly. I envy anyone who God has granted them the talent of Giving...pray for my weekness.