father of conffessions

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
I NEED HELP!!!!!!!

OK MY FATHER OF CONFFESSIONS TO ANOTHER CHURCH THT I DON GOTO AND I AM REALLY NOT COMFORTABLE WITH HIM HE DOSNT GIME ADVICES MY MOM IS TELLIN ME TO CONFFESS TO THE PRIEST THT GOES TO OUR CHURCH I WANT BUT AT THE SAME TIME I DON KNO HOW TO TELL MY FATHER OF CONFFESSIONS BOUT THIS THEY SAID I HAVE TO TAKE AHEL TO CHANGE MY FATHER OF CONFFESSIONS I AM TO SHY I NEED HELP AND ADVICES ALL U CAN OFFER PLZZZZZZ.

Comments

• Can you please rephrase what you are saying because I really don't understand what you are trying to say.
  • What blackpride is saying is that he/she (sorry I don't know if you are male or female) feels that he/she would like to change her FOC. However, he/she does not know how to and or is too embarassed to bring up the subject to her current FOC.

Here is my advice. Your current FOC will not be offended or upset that you would like to change your FOC. There is a reason why there are so many priests. Each person is unique and needs a different kind of spiritual guide. Some people need an FOC who gives advice on how to change. Other's will benefit from an FOC who just says to you "Leh kida ya ebny, da mayerdish Rabena" (Why are you doing this my son, this is not God's will). Yet others need an FOC who is constantly reprimanding them. Some may benefit from an FOC who grew up in the same region as they are in. For each of us there is an FOC. Your FOC will understand this. Not all FOCs require that you take their permission before switching to another priest, however, it is common courtesy. You would not want him to find out when he asks you why you have not confessed in a while.
  • will i dont think you have to go to tell your current FOC that you dont want to confess to him just go to the other priest and confess you knw i had the same prplem but i changed again you knw they wont get offended they just want you closer to god and if he asks you tell him i did confess to the priest you are confessin to and tell him you couldnt go cause you dont go to his church just tell him the truth he'll understand
  • I actually went through a similar situation where i wanted to change me father of confession cuz he was the hegumen and he was NEVER available (as you can imagine) so yea i HAD to switch him and i felt sooooo shy telling him that i didnt want him as my FOC anymore....

but yea you just to get up your courage and remember that abouna is expecting things like this to happen...its normal for ppl to switch their father of confession....so yea i know the first step (getting the courage to tell abouna) is usually a bit hard BUT remember, in the end, having all this courage is worth it because then you'll have a new FOC and you wont have to carry this burden on your shoulders anymore!!

Youstina S
  • just to add to what i wrote, i dont know if there's a set method or way for confessing, but ive always been told that you should only have ONE father of confession at once and its actually recommended that you dont switch your FOC frequently....anyways my point is, i dont think you should confess to your new FOC until you've told your old FOC that you want to switch him...its not right...your pretty much hiding from your old FOC because you dont want to face him...just be honest with yourself, with your FOC and w/God!!
  • omg..is that considered a sin bec when i changed my FOC i didn't tell me old FOC that! :o

GBU
    sandra
  • its not a sin... its just disrespectful and it shows dishonesty because having a FOC means you are confessing your sins only to him and no one else but when you have 2 FOCs you are pretty much saying, "i like my FOC but i would prefer having another one because i need better spiritual guidance..." thats not the way it works...have one FOC BUT its still ok to have a different priest as your spiritual guidance, just don't keep switching between priests when confessing
  • well...i don't switch between them, its just my old FOC went to another church..and i never got a chance to tell him!

GBU
    sandra
  • so i have to tell the first priest i changed to the other abouna
    even though i switched like three yrs ago
    ????????????????? ???
  • so will it be a sin if i dont tell my current father of conffessions?
  • THATS WAT IM ASKIN LOL
    ??? ??? ??? ??? ::) :P :P
  • u have to confess
  • Listen to father of confession. He knows more. Don't be shy, even the priests do sins. I will tell you a BIG hint in confessing. As soon as he prays on your head, somehow, he forgets your sins.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!
  • wat if your old priest knows you moved and now go to a different church. and he knows you stopped confessing to him. DO YOU ASSUME YOU CHANGED YOUR FOC??? (i personally think he does) and if he doesnt, he could just ask you plainly...rite?
  • yea... you should tell him though out of respect...