Little about me

edited December 1969 in Introductions
Hi all

I didn't check this part of the site when i made my intro post. Well, since i have got it now ;D let me say a bit about me.

I am from Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo church, and an Ethiopian. I have always been inspired by the coptic church and God Bless His Holyness Pop. I have read many of his books, it helped me a lot for my spiritual life.
I have got this site from my friend over a year ago and been checking it up to now. Well, I have got ur welcoming earlier, and am happy to be part of u all.

Pls keep me in ur prayers.
btw..am 24 and g.
God bless u all

Comments

• thats relly nice..WELCOME!
    GBU
    sandra
  • Hello Yedediya,
    I have always been trying to spell your username right, lol, welcome first of all, second, H.H. Pope Shenouda's books are outstanding, they really teach you what you need to know, I love H.H. Pope Shenouda, he is inspiring in all sorts of ways! It is nice to know some Ethiopians here, I would just like to know one thing if you don't mind, how is Coptic Orthodox and Ethiopian Orthodox different?, please and thank you!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Actually coptic servant, sorry if the question was meant for her, but they are not different. The only difference is the language. Both churches are Oriental Orthodox and have all of the same beleifs.

-Pete
  • Thank you CopticPete, it's fine, I really never knew the difference! Thank you again for explaining!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

• Selam (meaning Peace in Ethiopian Language)

I am so much happy to get your welcome message everyday. I think I am getting addicted to this site already. thank you all so much.

Coptic Servent, I think Coptic pete has already answered your question. We (ethiopians) used to have our Bishops from Coptic Church before we start having ours. The first father who came to our church as a Bishop were named Abune Salama and both churches have always been helping each other in so many ways. I will try to give u some sites where u can refer, in the future, God willing. But as to the Dogma, we are one.

And I completely agree with what you said about H.H. Pop Shenouda. Thank you very much all of u again for your warm welcoming.

God bless u all
  • Welcome again Yedediya,
    So do you guys have your own church in Canda (I looked in your profile, it said you are from Canda) or do you attend a Coptic one. I am a couple hours away from Canda and we use to have Ethopians in our church, but now we just have Eritrians that attend with us, I think you are more similar to Eritrians than to us.
  • Im really sorry, i forgot to say WELCOME before. Sorry about that. Welcome Yedediya!
  • Welcome again Yedediya, I think I welcomed you before under another title, but you are a very nice and sweet person, we all glad to have you aboard.
  • Selam all

Am glad to have u all here again.
    To answer your question dear marianne87, we have many churches in Cannada especially in Toronto. I am not from Toronto but we also have our church in my state too. But if there weren't any of my church, I am sure I would have been going to the coptic church. I have seen there is one in my city too. And about the Eritirians, yes we are almost the same ppl who used to be living as one Ethiopians. But Eritirians are now separated from Ethiopia as an independent country. ::) Oh I talk to much ....but am glad to answer any thing u ask if i can.
    Pls keep me in your prayers
    God bless all
  • umm ...my friend who went to the Etheopian church once as a visit...said that throughout your mass, you pull out an umbrella and put it up as a sign of Gods beauty..or something of that sort...is that true??
  • welcome welcome welcome nice to meet you and talk as much as you like i think about 90% of all the ppl on this site are chatty lol

GBU
  • [quote author=Yedediya link=board=6;threadid=2977;start=0#msg45127 date=1136183487]

Selam (meaning Peace in Ethiopian Language)

I am so much happy to get your welcome message everyday. I think I am getting addicted to this site already. thank you all so much.

Coptic Servent, I think Coptic pete has already answered your question. We (ethiopians) used to have our Bishops from Coptic Church before we start having ours. The first father who came to our church as a Bishop were named Abune Salama and both churches have always been helping each other in so many ways. I will try to give u some sites where u can refer, in the future, God willing. But as to the Dogma, we are one.

And I completely agree with what you said about H.H. Pop Shenouda. Thank you very much all of u again for your warm welcoming.

God bless u all

Thank you for explaining Yedediya, that explanation was well-written, it taught me a lot actually about Eithopians!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent