Revelations

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
I have a question that will probably keep us thinking about all year or maybe all our life until the Second Coming, will Adam and Eve go to Heaven or to Hell, will they be able to be forgiven, and will they be able to be alive for the Second Coming like will they rise from the dead, because I really don't understand what is there concept.

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• When Jesus was crucified, He went down to hades and opened the gates and freed all the people there including Adam and Eve. Since, by Jesus death we were saved, all humans were saved as well, dead or not, so they probably in paradise right now...but again we don't know who goes where...that's God's will and judgement
  • Thank you for that reply Marianne87, really appreciated, can I know what the others think, please and thank you!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • hey copticservant,

im not sure if this is right, but the way i understand it is, when Adam sinned he was cast out of paradise, but God promised salvation for mankind, that is, Christ.

So when Christ was crucified for our sake and descended into Hades, he freed all the righteous of the earth, including Adam and Eve, since Christ absolves the nature of sin.

Im also not sure, but i believe there is a praise in tasbeha or a glorification where it says Adam was released from hades.

But once again, no one really knows except God the Father.

YBIC
    mg
  • I think when Adam and Eve are mentioned in hymns and prayers, how Jesus freed them, they are representing the state of fallen humanity, and how Jesus paid the price for the sin of all fallen humans.
    However the actual persons Adam and Eve i beleive will be judged just like evrybody else in the old testament.
    I don't think their sin is any greater than ours and i think that while i take the Adam and Eve story literally, that it is still a symbol of what any of us would have done. I think today we do no better than Adam and Eve when we sin and then cover our guilt.
    "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." [1 Corinthians 15:57]
  • Hi,
    Thank you mg and doit4Jesus for that, that is very appreciated!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • In response to the latter focus of your question, is defintievley stated that we must all rise again to the transfromation of a second, Heavenly body.

Please refer to 1 Cor 15:22

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power."

The ressurectionn is not only spirtually symbolic, but is actual in occurance. Furthermore, the ressurection mentioned in this passage is two-fold. All must rise; both those who "are Christ's" as well as all those who's end will be the loss of "all authority and power".

For as Saint Paul announced before Felix "I have the same hope in God as these men, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked"

and warned of those who "say that the resurrection has already taken place" that "they destroy the faith of some." (2 Tim2:18)

Most assurdley then, Adam and Eve will rise from the dead.

God bless.