The Muslim Hoilday

Hi guys,
Because the Muslim hoilday at the end of Ramadan was 2 days ago, I congratulated my Muslim friends by wishing them a happy holiday. Is it against our faith to congratulate others with holidays that we don't believe in or is it ok and can be considered as friendly compliment?

Comments

• Ooops I spelled hoilday wrong. Omg I wrote it wrong again :D. Ok it is hoiday. There is something with my typing pattern that make me spell it wrong. Ok it is holiday, yes got it.
  • Noooo, it can't be wrong, I mean, you have to love your enemies, and you can't love them without acting friendly to them.
  • I agree, it is ok to congradulate them.
    I assume you say "ramadan kareem" to them.

But do not be so close to them that you fall into their hands.
  • the pope always congratulates them he even hold functions for them....its not wrong.
  • sorry this is a continuation from my previous thread..in egypt the pope invites government officials and shiek al azhar and he congratulates them on the feast of ramadan ....so its not wrong
  • yer even pope shenouda goes to their fumctions, sits with them at their table and attends luch with them...every year....n they respect him (in a a way) bak
  • in further agreeance of what everyone has said, if you remember baba kyrillos' biography it happened that at christmas time (when he was a child) he said to his family to give up all their feast to the their poor muslim turkish neighbours. By saying ramadan kareem, happy hanakuah etc we are showing that we respect the religion of all people! By ignoring them we are showing contempt for there which surely is not what god jesus would want. rabana maak!
  • [quote author=StVictor link=board=11;threadid=2709;start=0#msg42049 date=1131229734]

Don't worry. I appreciate your concern. I am afraid being close to them would make them fall in my hands. ;D
  • thats not something to be afraid of... lol but i get what you mean...
  • Let me rephrase it : In matter of fact being close to them would make them fall in my hands. ;)
  • Well, I personally don't see anything wrong with it and I don't think the church would be against wishing someone to have a good holiday especially if u r good friends with that person......
  • [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=11;threadid=2709;start=0#msg42352 date=1131661374]
    [quote author=StVictor link=board=11;threadid=2709;start=0#msg42049 date=1131229734]

Don't worry. I appreciate your concern. I am afraid being close to them would make them fall in my hands. ;D

i don't really agree with this what do u mean by falling in their hands its absolutly okay to be bestest friends with muslims and when i was back in egypt my bestest friend in the whole world was muslim...i don't see whats wrong with that and about everything else was true..show ur love and congradulate them and if they did something wrong to us christians when we congradulate them they might be nice to us!!
    GBU
  • right sandrahanna but you gotta be careful because not all people are completely honest...
  • wait...what does honesty have to do with what i said?
    GBU
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=11;threadid=2709;start=0#msg42421 date=1131729860]
    right sandrahanna but you gotta be careful because not all people are completely honest...

I guess Christ4Life meant honest in feelings they show to you. I read a story about Muslim girl facilitated the rape of her Christian girlfriend by Muslim Guys to force her to convert to Islam. This story is true and it happens frequently. My cousin lived in Alexandria for 5 years and told me similar stories about Muslim girls who persuade Christian girls to convert. My cousin's Muslim girlfriend also told her about a Muslim guy who loves her so much and will do anything for her if she converted. So be careful sandrahanna.

BTW my question was just if congratulation will be considered against our or not? I did not mention anything about love or hatred so lets not go in tangents, plz.
  • people, not all people are what they seem, which means they're not honest...

but right we should stay on the topic, but i think the question was already answered...
  • its not at all
    its good to be happy 4 others
  • Does your response corroborate your friends erroneous beliefs? In other words, does your complimentation of his celebrating the muslim holidy strengthen his belief in the Islamic faith? Although it may be for you an act of genuine kindness, your response may simeltaneously be a stumbiling block for your friend. For "Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves". (Please refer to the instance Saint Paul gives in Rom 14:19-22.) Think about it.......

God Bless.
  • hey ppl can u shorten all that up in a post and gimmi the RIGHT decision which u got to coz THIS IS SOO CONFUSING GUYS!!!

GBU