i NEED help; church formation!!!

whywhy
edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
hey guys!!

so this is how it goes...

i have an asses,emt due next week about the church formation...how we all started as one then gradually broke apart if any 1 has anything to say or an links they have for me that would be greatly apreciated....but be QUICK

i go to a coptic orthodox skool right and my C.O.S (coptic orthodox studies or religon) teacher is the strictest father you will ever hear of ....

HELP :-\ :'(
tadpole
marina

Comments

• wow...umm...this can't be quick...

Ummm....try "The History of the Church." by Father Mannassa Yohanna....it's a nice book

Good luck...:)

RFZ
  • thanks heaps rf_z

got it finished!! n he was very pleased with it aswell!! thank GOD

here it is just incase some1 has something similar!!
  • btw tell me what u think!!
  • Sorry I couldn't help :-[

Bas it's very beautiful...especially the point of "going the extra mile" but I think you're wrong on that Saint Dioscoros didn't try to go the extra mile...

But you're right...it's either they misunderstood us of intentionally did....

May God unite all his churches ON THE BASIS of His Apostolic Orthodox Church....

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • you know what rf_z today when i was talking to my saturday skool teacher at church, he told me that saint discorus neva attended!! what do u think of that!!

some1 is at fault!!
  • He was stopped dear "why"...they locked him up in his residence and didn't allow him to talk, although they knew VERY well what he preached, because what he preached was what the church took from her Lord....

Sorry I forgot to mention that....:-[

In HIS Name,

RFZ

P.S.: Did they intentionaly misunderstand or not still holds....but most probably they didn't give him a chance to talk...so I think they're biased to thei heretical ideas....

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • [quote author=rf_zachari link=board=4;threadid=2659;start=0#msg41987 date=1131179309]
    He was stopped dear "why"...they locked him up in his residence and didn't allow him to talk, although they knew VERY well what he preached, because what he preached was what the church took from her Lord....

Sorry I forgot to mention that....:-[

In HIS Name,

RFZ

P.S.: Did they intentionaly misunderstand or not still holds....but most probably they didn't give him a chance to talk...so I think they're biased to thei heretical ideas....

In HIS Name,

RFZ

wow i never knew that and i don't think that was very fair!!

anyway enshanla with the help of Pope Shenouda they will find their ways and come back to the truth....
  • God willing.....

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • St Dioscorus after being falsely deposed by the imperial commissioners, was placed under house arrest, and hence unable to leave the premises by virtue of being blocked by the imperial guards.

The council re-convened for its second session, earlier than the date initially assigned for it, and without the presence of the civil judges - this was the first sign of suspicion regarding their agenda.

The council then sent delegates to call for the presence of St Dioscorus. Upon the first calling, he told them that he could not possibly come due to his being under house arrest, and told them that they would need to gain a permit to show the guards - they answered arrogantly saying that they did not come to speak to his guards.

They then went back and gained the permit; however, St Dioscorus already being suspcious of the councils' motives and intentions, asked whether or not the civil judges would be present (declaring he would come if they were there also), and whether or not the men who were on trial with him would also be present. They answered revealing the injustice of the council - the civil judges were not present, and also revealing the personal agenda of the council against St Dioscorus - the other accused men were not going to be there with him. It was also revealed to St Dioscorus that the purpose of this session was to consider the charges laid in Eusebius's paper against St Dioscorus. These charges in Eusebius's paper, had already been dealt with by the imperial commissioners in the first session; Eusebius obviously had the agenda of getting his way, by putting St Dioscorus through a trial he had already been through and consequently been vindicated in.

After realising all this, St Dioscorus rejected their latter two summons, even though he was free to go if he had so chosen. He realised their deceptive agenda, and so decided to shake the dust of his feet so to speak, and to move on. St Dioscorus was an able defender and fighter for the faith - during the first session, he was very capable of defending himself and answering to the charges laid against him - he showed firmness, yet humility, and he won many over in the council during its first session, as many of his accusers and those opposed to him cried out for his forgiveness by the end. He simply refused to be mocked, nay, he refused that a mockery be made of the Church and her doctrine, as he perceived was the results of the actions of this council.

I would say St Dioscorus definitely went that "extra mile"; he refused to give in to those who persecuted him, and he suffered exile for it. He is the only one at Chalcedon to have gone that "extra mile" in fact.
  • oh cool thanks for that!!

i just thought he wasn't one of those very convincing people and that "the extra mile" was just to make sure they are on the same page....

ur post was very interesting iqbal :)

thanks
    marina
  • i just thought he wasn't one of those very convincing people and that "the extra mile" was just to make sure they are on the same page....

St Dioscorus's job is not to convince people who do not want to understand him, or rather, who have an agenda to get rid of him.

St Dioscorus attended the council at its first session - he defended himself very well and explained himself very clearly. He did what he was obliged to do; he did what would have been reasonably required of him to do. The only thing he did not do, is give them an opportunity to further try and mock him in vain.
  • ur post was very interesting iqbal

Thank you, and your essay was very nicely put (except for that little glitch in your last sentence as rf_zachari pointed out - but that is not your fault; you were only misinformed by your teacher; other than that, great job).
  • Thanks Iqbaal....and thanks "why"

Beautiful topic....

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • thanks both of you!! ;D

stop it your all tooo kind ;) :D