A three-day fast

starting from tomorrow 'til wed, there will be a fast on behalf of our brotherens in Alexendria. and there will liturgies like the lent fast which in most churches starts at 4:00. First, everyone should fast and pray in these three days to just show that we are one COC. We're ONE and will stay one even if we are in diffrent parts of the world. And like we chant in the holy lent that we could do everything by fasting and prayer.if we could cast out demons with fasting and prayer(the lent frection), we could overcome this.

A friend of mine just told me that fasting these three days, reminds him of the old church when our fathers prayed and fasted to over come the world. so let's all live this church again as a Coptic Orthodox Church.

(The Liturgies would from 4:00 to 7:00 in the Church of St. Mark Jersey City NJ)

Comments

• In St.Mary's and St. John's Church in Bayonne the Liturgy will go from 4:00-6:30...

Let us all stand together as one Holy Perfect Church, that we may overcome all tribulation...
  • well i did it till like 4...

but some people do it around communion time, which for me is 5....
  • yeah thats rit we r suppose to fast until the liturgy ends if u r not able to take comunuin..but if u r taking comuniun u r gonna be fasting nyways...then eat seyamy food and guys we shud all fast its only 3 days!
    god be with u always and protect u!!
    GBU
  • May God bless you all in the US...wow...u guys are incredible...pray for us here in Egypt....:)

Our churches here in Egypt cannot proclaim such a fast, because we'll have dire consequences on our hands...but on a personal level, after approval of the FOC, I will personally.....

PRAY for us people.....:)

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • i don't know why but our fasting is from wednesday tll friday....

n we have our masses in the morning 11.am
  • some church in the US are diffrent. it make a diffrent it's jut that you would fast 2 more extra day instead of 1.
    and i think we just do liturgies in the afternoon like we are in lent (asking for God's mercy).
    And by the way, some churchs are not fasting at all.
    and i know for a fact that the diocese of LA is fasting this fast.
  • [quote author=why link=board=4;threadid=2684;start=0#msg41728 date=1131014033]
    i don't know why but our fasting is from wednesday tll friday....

n we have our masses in the morning 11.am

huh?the masses r okay but the fasting from wednesday to friday...i don't know how u guys organized that!!
    GBU
  • well...i know that all the churches i know they r fasting mon thru wed but...maybe!
    GBU
  • yer it i dunno why its like that but it would been betta if it was all at the same time...it would of had a better impact i think!!
  • no, timing has nothing to do with it. whether you do it out of your own will and desire does, and how passionate you are for it...
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=4;threadid=2684;start=0#msg41970 date=1131171508]
    no, timing has nothing to do with it. whether you do it out of your own will and desire does, and how passionate you are for it...

yer ur probably right but it woulda been betta still...like sam3an el karas ...how every one fasted on the same 3 days and not just three days in that week ;)