Very big problem to me ... Help

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
My protestant friend in university who is very nice to me in my depression and meets up with me once a week often .. just rang and asked if I wanted to meet up with him tommorow and I said something like "No, I have exams... but can I ring back later if I change my mind?" the reason is not really exam but because I am have suspicions though I think he means well... I think maybe the devil uses some people (after I read some of diabolic wars by H.H ) to divert me from orthodox ideas.. like last time we met up we were talking about the adoption as sons.. the thing is I listen but maybe im a weak personality but dont u think its safe if I come and talk about what we were talking about here if I remember or ask abouna? because I want to ring him back and tell him I am coming tommorow..

the thing is I think he is a very nice person and shy like me and would be sensitive to this rejection which might be taken personally he might take me as a friend as I took him.

Because I dont feel God wants me not to talk to protestants at all about things since some of them really are true brethren to the LORD and I cant use the excuse I am weak because I may always think im weak...

Comments

• wow this is serious n make sure u talk 2 ur FOC but at da moment ive got nothen 2 say becasue im in a similar situation but ill try to ask n see what i can find out :)
  • ok thx what do others think?

• if you think it will effect your spirirtual life... even .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% DONT DO IT... period.
  • i tottally agree with bishoy all the way

• maybe u should view this as an opportunity to stenghthen ur faith so u wont be moved
    i have a question tho
    does your friend usually talk to you about religious matters?
  • He seems to be trying to encourage me .. for instance he may try to say you are a son of God and you can never be lost..

"Noone snatches him out of my fathers hand" [I dont think he said this one but do u see my point? ] "sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise for the day of redemption.."
  • im sure u can stay heaps close still just avoid the matter of religious discussion- if it does come up jus plainly tell him that u don wana talk about it no more.
  • it's not normal 4 ME 2 talk 2 any friends on Religious matters and i've neva started any conversation with any friend (non-orthodox) that concern religion so i don't like ppl that always talk 2 incourage u for their religion (wat eva it is)

{only my opinion :)