VERY IMPORTANT... EATING BLOOD

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
According to Acts 15 , I believe I can eat all creatures but not blood...
so today my sister was cooking lean beef burger and I saw blood draining out... so do ALL meats have blood? I doubt all the blood was drained out so I dont think I should eat it... HELP!

Comments

• Yea i heard that if you eat meat you should eat it well done...ofcourse all animal meat has (at one point or another) contained blood. The issue is not weather animal meats have blood...the issue is whether we are cooking our meats properly to avoid consuming animals' blood

i dont think eating meat with blood will lead you to eternal damnation or that God will look down on you even more, but i've been taught that you should avoid eating it because blood is thought to contain the 'soul' of the body...so really, its like you are consuming the animal's soul

So can you eat lean beef burger or any meat for that matter? Ofcourse you can...just make sure you cook it long enough for the blood to be consumed...
  • HEY MIKE DO NOT BE ALRAMED BUT HERE IS WHAT I THINK

LIKE JESUS SAID IN THE BIBLE...........LOVE UR NEIGHBOUR AS URSELF, HE WASNT LITERALL AND MEAN THE PERSON THAT LIVES NEXT DOOR.........THE BIBLE IS NOT LITERALL AND NOT FULL OF STATISTICS...........

THERE FORE I HAVE GENERALISED FROM THIS HEORY AND WHAT I HAVE HEARD IS THAT THE ACTUALL BLOOD OF THE ANIMAL IS NOT THE MAIN PROBLEM BUT THE ACTUALL WAY THE ANIMAL DIES

EG HERE IN OUR MONESRTY IN AUSTRALIA, HAS A FARM WITH A STRANGULAR WHICH WOULD BE USED TO STRANGE ITS TURKEYS AND CHIKENS BUT THIS WAY IT WOULD NOT ALLOW THE BLOOD TO FLOW OUT FREELY FROM THE BODY ONCE IT DIES THEREFORE THE MONESTRY DOES NOT USE IT AND CUTS OF THE HEAD INSTEAD..............

SO UNLESS THE CHICKEN DOES HAVE A HEAD DO NOT BE ALARMED IF U SEE TRACES OF BLOOD....OUR GOD IS A FAIR GOD BTW...DO NOT BE TOO ALARMED

BYE MARINA
  • actually beef is an exception, and as part time cook i should know this lol. When u cook beef, the meat juices still remain red (unless its really really well done, and it ends up like a piece of gum), so a medium beef is good enough in my opinion. ;D
    if it was actually blood it would contain bacteria's (could be toxic then), thats why the only type of meat u can eat "red" is beef.
    Btw i think thats the whole aim of this commandment: don't eat meat containing blood because it could cause health problems. Our God doesnt care what we eat because not what goes in but what goes out the mouth defiles man, but in this case it could cause trouble in ur stomach ;)
  • our church also not just my personal belief believes dont get blood in you I think.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=1;threadid=2591;start=0#msg40071 date=1128767540]
    and as part time cook i should know this lol.

geez...how many cooks does the Netherlands have?....you AND Grigorii!