There's this girl in my class...

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Ok hey you guys, I kinda have a little problem here. There's this new girl in my class and she's Syrian Orthodox, and at first I thought that was a good thing but now I'm not so sure. I mean she almost got into juvie before, and today she was like, do u have a boyfriend? I was shocked, what should I do here. She even showed me a picture of her ex-boyfriend. :o Should I just leave her alone, as "Bad company corrupts good habits", or should I try to change her?

Comments

• Dear Christ4Life,
    All you have to do is Pray for her...make sure she doesn't pressure you into anything...and there are a lot of even Coptic Orthodox who have boyfriends and girlfriends...it's not right...and it's not a true relationship...instead you would want a girl/boy friend and if they dump you...you will lose self-confidence and self-esteem...and just try to nod or say something and try to incourage her to be a better person...if she swears help her...if she is mean to you help her!

Sincerely,
    Coptic Servent
  • Nah, she can't pressure me into anything, I'm pretty hard headed when it comes to this kind of stuff....
  • That's Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[coptic]God Bless[/coptic]
  • and today she was like, do u have a boyfriend

well u shud expect that from any american kid u meet not only american but that question...is like the first question u have to get over it!!
    and like coptic servat said just pray for her!!
  • my opionin is to just say away.. only hi's and bye's.. and all you could accualy do is pray 4 her
  • sandra, this girl isn't american, SHES SYRIAN ORTHODOX! thats what brought this whole question up...
  • wow...MarMar omg...a 7-year old girl...whoa...well, there are girls my age who have boyfriends at my school, and lots of them have pictures of them or pictures of boys in there locker...and all i have are books, and pictures of my 2 of my best friends and 2 pictures of my baby cousins!lol
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=10;threadid=2479;start=0#msg38747 date=1126928922]
    aww, is that all...

lol, listen to this, so my mom is getting her hari done, and im sitting there, bored and doing nothing, so this 7 year old girl (Egyptian, coptic)comes up to me and she thinks I am 20 years old which is hilarious..lol
    and ya, she asked me if I have a boyfriend too...

I found it rather funny than disturbing, lol...

And in high school, I go to an all girls high school, so girls open up their lockers n u see a mirror and pictures of guys...

guess what I have..

my schedule..lol

we're different, but somewhere out there there is some1 who will appreciate and respect us for what we do..
    and if no1 else.. God///

amen to that! lol, no what brought this up is because this girl is ORTHODOX! i was shocked, really....
  • not only american but that question

well i didn't say just american kids say that!!
    well orthodox are the same but like egyptians r not allowed to have boyfriends or girlfriends...but syrian people does thats what my sundayschool teacher said!!
    so we look at them as if they r wierd but they looke at us at the same time as if we r the iwerd ones and in reallity both of us r doing the rit thing that we and all the people r doing!!
    GBU
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=10;threadid=2479;start=0#msg38785 date=1126973406]

not only american but that question

well i didn't say just american kids say that!!
    well orthodox are the same but like egyptians r not allowed to have boyfriends or girlfriends...but syrian people does thats what my sundayschool teacher said!!
    so we look at them as if they r wierd but they looke at us at the same time as if we r the iwerd ones and in reallity both of us r doing the rit thing that we and all the people r doing!!
    GBU

That's so TRUE! I wouldn't have said it better myself!
  • right
    my question now is should i try to stay away or should i try to change her?
  • well do wat u can, but if u dont want that kind of company stay away
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=10;threadid=2479;start=0#msg38921 date=1127074029]
    right
    my question now is should i try to stay away or should i try to change her?

well she doesn't need help...that mean that u will help all the world!about the point of boyfriends and girlfriends!
  • thats not the only point. like i said she almost got into juvie before
  • well, isn't it her life...can't she do whatever she wants?

well, that's not the answer...pray for her...and like MarMar said:
    "be an example and a light to her.."
  • yeah defintly...because if u tried to change her and she didn't respond in a good way that will probably be something againest u because ur not suppose to talk about religion stuff at school!!

sandra
  • IT really puts me in a throw up mood to see how you all think your better then the syrian orthodox girl , arent we all brothers and sisters in christ .. what makes you think your better then her ? ...

you should be ashamed of yourselves ..

yes your right we should pray 4 her , but pray for yourselves that you do not consider yourself holier then thou ..

woe onto them who are wise in their own eyes

toeknee

• welcome Toeknee!
  • [quote author=TOEKNEE link=board=10;threadid=2479;start=15#msg39042 date=1127232584]
    IT really puts me in a throw up mood to see how you all think your better then the syrian orthodox girl , arent we all brothers and sisters in christ .. what makes you think your better then her ? ...

yes your right we should pray 4 her , but pray for yourselves that you do not consider yourself holier then thou ..

toeknee

I'm sorry Toeknee...but I gotta disagree from what you said...no one said that we are better than her...and you were judging...I don't think that's right...and God said Forgive and Forget!
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=10;threadid=2479;start=15#msg39057 date=1127247956]
    [quote author=TOEKNEE link=board=10;threadid=2479;start=15#msg39042 date=1127232584]
    IT really puts me in a throw up mood to see how you all think your better then the syrian orthodox girl , arent we all brothers and sisters in christ .. what makes you think your better then her ? ...

toeknee

I'm sorry Toeknee...but I gotta disagree from what you said...no one said that we are better than her...and you were judging...I don't think that's right...and God said Forgive and Forget!

wait a min he didn't say that we r better than her!
    i think u miss understood!
  • ToeKnee, I never said I or anyone else that posted on this thread are better then her. All I said was that this girl doesn't know God that well, and there is nothing wrong with that. I was asking what should I do, help her or leave her alone. I never said I was better then her. I am very sorry if you recieved that intention, but it was never mine.
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=10;threadid=2479;start=15#msg39082 date=1127265464]
    ToeKnee, I never said I or anyone else that posted on this thread are better then her. All I said was that this girl doesn't know God that well, and there is nothing wrong with that. I was asking what should I do, help her or leave her alone. I never said I was better then her. I am very sorry if you recieved that intention, but it was never mine.

yeah thats exactly what i thought...
  • READ ITS INTERESTING!!!!!!! :)

well christ 4 life.......in my skool we are all coptic orthodox
    which may be a suprise to some but no...its a coptic orthodox skool in Australia and the issue of Coptic Orthodox doing things that may not seem right in Gods eyes is a major issue in my life aswell as most of them is my class n its very hard to choose friends................

firstly, help is a different meaning than stay around or befriend her.......ill give u an example of my life,

i have a similar coptic orthodox friend who once went out with this other COC guy in my class.....i knew this guy from before skool.....n once they had broken the relationship off which all relationships at my age do, they began to act differently towards each other.......they hated but loved each other at the same time........anyway i once wrote a thing to him about HH pope shenouda n he replied by writting something and throwing the paper in my direction however it did not come close enough to me but close to this girl.so i told her, can you get that please.....so you know what she anounced to the class and my teacher...SIR THEY ARE WRITING LOVE LETTERS TO EACH OTHER and she read out the letter............i was crushed

i didnt know what to do....i didnt want to go to skool but i thought i should be the EXAMPLE and even though it was hard i knew i was created in GODS image n i had to act kindly to others for them to write kindly to me....so i wrote her a letter telling her how i felt n that i was sorry......

even though becasue of an issue i wasnt able to give in the letter but me written it changed the way i saw her....n u would be glad to know that we r good friends now....

my point being if u actually read my story.... u dont have to be her friend or her enemy.....just that went u can get the chance show her that life is above boyfriends n girlfriends n that living in harmony is enjoyable....be an example and it would be very hard to resist to be the same.....

sorry...however i am a weak person myself and know that this girl was much better than my weak self and i know that she could of over came bigger situations..

please pray for me.......i need it :)

marina
  • ok...that was a really good reply, but u guys r just focusing on the dating part, she almost got into juvie before those of you in australia, thats like a jail for kids... not a good thing....
  • yeh....

we call it a goal for kids....i only heard juvie once in a movie before but thanks i was unsure what it meant.....however the whole juvie thing....do u know why she was there (if u don't know i reccomend you dont ask her) anyway, make sure that she feels welcome as a collegue and i think u should regard the whole juvie thing because if we were caught for our sins well if i was caught for my sins i would probably be close to going there or at least i would probably deserve it............

forget the juvie thing becasue u probably dont know why she was there and we can not judge n say shes a bad person because she was in there........

marina
  • she told me why... she had done something to someones house cause they "bugged" her....

i never said i was better, or that she was worse...

n i hardly talk to her that much, i hardly find time anyways, im usually on the run...
  • sorry...i didnt mean it that way...
    all im sayen is that do not befriend her but be her collegue n be an example and when she needs you help her and keep ur distance..........please confront ur FOC when she asks u for advice or something similar :) 8)