Cheating

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey you guys
just wanted to get some opinions on this case: if you saw someone cheating on a FINAL exam... would you go and tell the administrators or your teacher?

Comments

• I would say to stay out of it. The people cheating know what they do is wrong, but they do it anyway. You dont need to get in the middle of it. If you think telling them something would help, I would speak to them privately, but don't make yourself in the RAT (someone who tells on others), because that reputation will never leave you. Maybe you could tell the teacher privately that the two people talk too much and maybe they could be separated, but don't "tattle-tale," if you know what I mean.
  • Hey SMS,
    I kind of agree with Mike here. There is another option. You can send an anonymous note to the teacher. That way you have taken care of the issue, and you do't have to disturb yourself, your peers, or your teacher.

Hope that helps!
  • Yea, it would be best if you stayed out of it. That way you won't make any problems, or get into any.

sleepy
  • Its not your job to tell on them, let god take care of them when their time comes…
  • hey
    the thing is, i already told the teacher, and no one saw me tell her, but now these three guys that are the cheaters best friend think that i did tell her, i never said i did or didnt.. but i'm kinda scared of them (bein honest here)
    i plan on sticking to the story that i didn't tell her, because i dont exactly want to get beat up by all the upperclassmen in my school
    also, he cheated off of a 'cheat sheet', not off of the other kids
    i know the 'christian' thing to do is not lie and just sorta hide behind the curtains, but then again, i dont want to walk in fear for the rest of my high school life... advice? thanx
  • Don’t be cowardly, if you did something, tell them you did it, even if it comes with a punishment…
  • Your in a bit of trouble now... Well, I'd say, if you can't avoid them, try to make sure your friends can watch your back. Remember, if it comes down to fighting, don't start anything, but self-defense is allowed. Next time, dont tell on other people (just make sure your not cheating), it doesn't benefit anyone other than make the teacher think she can use you to "spy" on the class.
  • just wondering, why did u tell on them? Was their cheating directly hurting you?... or did u just want to have the highest grade in the class or something?
  • by no means do i have the highest grade in the class
    i just dont see that its fair that i work my butt off all year long and struggle to get the grades i get in such a hard course, and then he cheats on a FINAL exam which is 1/5th of the whole years final grade
    and some people actually worked hard to get into that class, so when he flicks a paper and shows it to me after i just sweated my way out of that final, i got pretty angry... and i approached my teacher when no one was around, and she said she'll ask the other guys that saw it
    the other guys are his friends, so they of course, denied it and now assume its me... they have no proof... but assumptions
    so thats the story...
    any opinions or advice will be greatly appreciated (and not criticized)
  • Your teacher probably accidentally told them you were the one who told. If ou feel you are in danger, tell someone in authority, but otherwise dont sweat it.
  • o geez
    i know i got myself into a tight spot here...
    i doubt that my teacher said anything to them, but ur right, dont sweat it
    only two more days left of classes and then we finish our finals, and i dont have to face them anymore
    right??? :-\
  • If there's only 2 days left...just stay away from them and you'll be home free. lol. there's no way they'll remember all this next year.

- Chris
  • i wouldnt count on it.....
    just wanted to get some opinions, and i guess the overall conclusion is that in the next case, just stay away, right?
    but..... if it's too late... like i was, just face the facts (which i planned to do, but didnt) and stand up for what you really believe in
    right?
  • Fear nothing and nobody except the almighty God.
  • SMS i don't see that what you did is wrong at all. As you said before you worked hard and studied for that class and the other person might earn a better grade because he copied off a sheet of paper and not study.
    IT IS YOUR RIGHT to tell the teacher if somebody or nobody around you. I know how you fear that they might hurt you (if i am not mistaken from your profile you are a female which of course a lot worse for you to get beaten up) But if you feel any danger go to your teacher, your priniciple, or you school officer (my school had a school police officer) they should be able to help you out AGAIN IT IS YOUR RIGHT
    Hopefully that might help a bit
  • exactly what Mark said. SMS, you want the christian thing to do, remember, the Holy Spirit gives you confidence, a lot of it...USE IT!!! do whats right, and God will have your back. you have to do this with confidence. don't be scared of what happens, and don't back out..have total confidence that He'll solve it. pray for me

"If I am with you, who can be against you?" (i don't remember the exact reference for that one).
  • Hey SMS,

Well I have a couple of verses that might help:

What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
    "For your sake we face death all day long;
    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."[12] 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[13] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In these verses it says that nothing can seperate us from the Love of Christ and from His protection and as long as you do not lie and do what is right you are not seperating from the Love of Christ, yet you are showing them that nothing can scare you but God.

Also, if you search the Bible you will find that it was written 12 times "Be strong an courageous" and I think that's what you need to do, obey Christ and do not sin. And do not be afraid.

Your bro,

Mike
  • I agree you CAN tell, but I don't agree that you SHOULD... I kinda think that its not my business if someone else is cheating, thats between their conscience and God, unless it was someone I trusted or someone who would change their behavior. Otherwise I am getting myself in a world of trouble for no good reason. Just my opinion, I don't disagree with those who said you should tell, I'm just saying I wouldn't myself.
  • hey paul.. i think i found the verse you were looking for..

"If God is for us, who can be against us? " Romans 8:31
  • WOW, Thank you guys soooooooo much for those awesome words.
    I wasn't as scared going into my math class today, but the guys still hate me and still 'think' i'm the one that told, yet they have no right to think anything.
    but its okay... they keep on bringing the subject up among each other, but i act like a deaf bat and totally ignore them, or talk to a friend that sits across the room, lol
    and as for their "conscience" between them and God, i don't think they even know what that means.. so its pointless to let it go that way.
    i guess ill just have to put up with it... they dont know i did, they cant say they know i didnt
    so its all good
    but thanxxx soooo much, i feel a lot better now
    [move] :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D[/move]
  • Hey Marys,

I already posted the verse up! lol!

As for SMS, well, I agree with what ur doing and I think you should have confidence in your self because you did the right thing.

Defender
  • That was a really good thing you did SMS. Although you may not have needed to, you did, and that's all that matters. These guys that "hate" you. Do they have any significance to your life, because if they don't it doesn't matter what they think. God be with you and bless you. You did a brave thing. :D

sleepy
  • hey SMS
    i really have nothing else to say bec they said everything i would have said. thanx guys
    but i have a question for u guys
    when i was taking my geometry final the room is not that big and therre are a lot of ppl there in the class so the desks are close together
    so this kid was trying to cheat off me the whole entire time
    the thing is that i couldnt avoid it
    as i said the desks are close together
    i did everything i could but i gave up at the end i had to finish the test and not worry about the things that are around me
    so i kinda had to let him do wutever he wants
    is that considered as a sin for me bec i helped him
    well not helped him but i couldnt avoid it at the end
    if u know wut i mean

CA
  • well i know i am answering your question with another question but was there somebody you could have told them what was going on?
  • HEY
    i think wat peter said is right JUST WRIGHT A NOTE

beshoy
  • well there was the teacher of course
    but i didnt wanna tell
  • I guess it all depends on what your conscience tells you to do. If you feel fine with it, then I think that would be a sin, but if you didn't want it to happen, and you didn't want to tell...., you could either make it known to hte person to STOP, or you could try and see what happens. If they try to cheat off you again, then tell a teacher. I guess you could let it slide the first time....

sleepy
  • HIGH FIVE TO YOU :)
  • Why, thank you. lol.

sleepy
  • umm, Wasim, buddy, it's actually High fiver for you!

Lol

Epsaltos Michael