how would be the relation between boys and girls in the christian society?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
::)
Salam to all,this is my first topic , i would like to discuss this issue ( how do you see the relations between boys and girls in the christian society?)
how far may this relation go?
all opinions are accepted.waiting your contributions

Comments

• wel firstly, welcome to this site and hope 2 hear from u more often

wel i think that our relationship should b one of friendship nothing more. jus close friends- u know use all hang round each other and enjoy each others companies
    but wen ur in the situation of engagment, check wif ur confession father if u should take a specific relationship furthur.
    but make sure u always pray and ask 4 gods will cus he knows best ;)
  • it think it should be the relationship between a brother and a sister, for we are all children of Christ. it should be pure, and completely in the light. like if you're friends with a girl/boy show the world. dont hide it. if you hide it that means you think its wrong, and you do that for 2 reasons. 1) your subconsious (sorry 4 spelling) mind has been building non-brotherly love for this person. 2) been raised in an egyptian family, you feel guilt just for sitting with a girl/guy

If your problem is the 2nd (not that you have 1), then you need to know that you have no reason to feel guilty. If your intentions are completely pure, you are doing nothing wrong. If it is the first, I just talking to your FOC.
  • hey Ognostos! ;D

[quote author=Christ4Life link=board=6;threadid=2092;start=0#msg32424 date=1121393460]
    it think it should be the relationship between a brother and a sister, for we are all children of Christ. it should be pure, and completely in the light. like if you're friends with a girl/boy show the world. dont hide it. if you hide it that means you think its wrong, and you do that for 2 reasons. 1) your subconsious (sorry 4 spelling) mind has been building non-brotherly love for this person. 2) been raised in an egyptian family, you feel guilt just for sitting with a girl/guy

I agree with christ4life :)

MarMar91 sorry i don't really understand what ur saying!? sorry i think i'm messed up today!

god bless u!!

laura
  • Marrian that is so true
    you shouldn't care about girls and boys like God said: "we are all brothers and sisters"
  • This might sounda kinda wierd but....were all brothers and sisters and cousins and w/e....so how can we get married...its so strange!! Just wonderin
    [move]Monica[/move]
  • first nice to meet you and i hope to hear from u lots and hope that this place is a well comfortable place for you...

ummm to me the relationships between boys and girls should start when you are a little older because what is it gonna do you when u r little.... i also think that there should be a boundary line between what you do and what you don;t do and that abouna should know EVERYTHING that happens and what is being said because then he can guide u under god;s name THE RIGHT WAY!!!! if abouna represents god then he should know... anyways i hope i have helped...
    [glow=red,2,300]
    MONster[/glow]
  • U guys neva answered my first question...how can some of we get married 2 each other if we are all brothers and sisters???
    [move]Monica[/move]
  • it's not literally brothers and sisters it means like we treat each other as equals not "I don't want to play with that kid because he's a boy" that is very disrespectful because that is you using a different gender treating someone just because there a different gender, well don't get too up tight about a different gender though I mean, don't go over the top if you misunderstood what I meant so remember to treat each other as equals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • monica..i don't think it is about marriage i think you can only be friends and i mean good friends!!!i hope i answered it ! ;)
  • [quote author=Monica101 link=board=10;threadid=2092;start=0#msg33007 date=1121909044]
    U guys neva answered my first question...how can some of we get married 2 each other if we are all brothers and sisters???
    [move]Monica[/move]

When we say that we mean emotionally... not literally.
  • i tink that what everyone is saying is true also the brother sister thing
  • I agree with what everyone said but realistically it is hard to keep a CLOSE friendship with the opposite sex...at some point the friendship will turn into something more either from both sides or from at least one side of the friendship....It's easier said than done
  • right but that's if you hang out alone, and why would anyone want to do that. when you hang out with a group of both genders, its obviously less tempting. and one more thing, you can't run away from them. you have to learn to be able to be friends with some1 without think of them in the wrong way, you have to be able to control yourself. because whether you like it or not, you will come across them sometime in life, right? :)
  • well i have a story to share.
    my best friend, the only one i can share my emotions, ideas, and thoughts with, and whom i trust to ask for advice happens to be a girl. eventually i started liking her as more than a sister and it was ackward and felt horrible but we worked it out and now she is still my best friend and now we're even closer because we crossed that whole thing and remained friends. and while my feelings arent completely gone, i have learned to control and supress them and see her as my sister so that anything else is obsolete. so i guess wat i'm trying to say is that with experience and being with god u can learn to adapt to things like this. ;D

[move]TAIO[/move]
  • well ill tell mi point ov view and others i think it is compleatly normal for a guy and a girl 2 b mates but i no some people will try cross that line but tha other sex should just back off then ppl no how 2 deal with there own probs but mi church or ppl in mi church would say the dont talk 2 each other cuz mi child is a little angel and ur son or daughter is lik tha devil tryin 2 put mi child into sin well wat r these ppl gonna do when they grow up when sum 1 is old enough 2 get married they will have no idea how 2 talk 2 tha other sex u cat ttell me thet when i talk 2 mi firend is tha same when i talk 2 tha other sex and ur mother and father wont b there 2 help u cuz ull b old enough those ppls parents say that we r sick little children when that stuff dosent even cross our minds but yet they still hav 2 go into the boi friend and gurlfrind thing there tha sick ppl if u ask me think about it sum 1 who always tells u that there children r angles and we r tryin 2 cum on 2 them common sorri i went on for agez lol

god bless
    andrew
  • that's the thing, every parent thinks they're child is an angel and any1 else is the devil, but i say you can't be like that forever because someday that kids gonna grow and if he wants to get married he'll never know how to treat guys/girls...
  • i hope not,lol... i hope we're civil....
  • well thats wat i like about mi parents when they no ive done something they will still stand beside me but they will never say mi son wouldent say/do anything lik dat itz jst unbelevable how some ppl jst think that there family is the onli clean sinless family ill give u a story once there was a girl she was 14 her parents usually would b standing with her but if there not that little girl starts swearing and doing every thing bad when she tries 2 get some1 in trouble cuz she hates him hell tell everybode inclludin her parents wat she does but then her parents r so stuck up that they wont even listen 2 it so that girl will keep lieing 2 her parents and hher parents will belev her this has actually happened b4 wat do ne ov u hav 2 say 2 that
  • I mean its like like we are saying to say to ur child, roh siya fil shawearah

haha funnee
    but u know, parents do all that cos they luv their children!!! and also cos they've heard about bad things and they don't want these things 2 happen 2 their sons n daughters!
    but about the question of the topic i think it depends on the person himself if he/she thinks that it's not right so it's better 4 him/her not 2 be bestfriend with the other gender!
    otherwise if they don't think that there's anything AT ALL is wrong so it's alright but just to be away from any thing that can make u sin in any way it's better and

you have to be able to control yourself.

if you can so there's no problem at all!
  • but sum ppl can control them selvs but parents dont belev that
  • even if you seem to think that your parents are overprotective, they are aren't, they are protecting you, but they know what's best for you!
  • i actually know this one girl, she does almost everything wrong you can imagine and when anybody tries to tell her parents they wont believe it. its really sad. and sometimes parents dont give you trust, and that sometimes makes u feel sad.
  • yea the admins are gonna kill us...

so we're all brothers and sisters around here right?? :) ;)
  • Ya, so if we're freindly, and think purely, or at least try and train ourselves, than all shud be good..

absolutely!
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=10;threadid=2092;start=30#msg37125 date=1125731252]
    Ya, so if we're freindly, and think purely, or at least try and train ourselves, than all shud be good..

8)

that's the first step, is to be friendly and think purely...that is a a great a freely statment
  • but the devil always has his ways. SO WATCH OUT. nd there is no such thing as "no hes just a friend of mine" or "shes just my friend, no more" cuz the devil will develop feelings between pple that are "close" friends. nd these arent my words they are that of ANBA DAVID.

nd in mi opinion if ur just "friends" stay that way. talk once in a while. try to limit yourself. and girls and boys in a christian society are brothers and sisters. i mean we have to help each other out nd take care of each other.

--chipsy