A double topic to save me time: Karma and Instincts....

edited October 2006 in Coptic Orthodox Church
what are they?

Comments

• what do you mean as what goes around comes around. im sorry its just that phrase is used when say, a rumor is started. ppl say that because well, god wont let you make rumors about ppl that easy. u get your punishment.

as for the listening to your heart, i think yes yes and YES! see our heart is our consience, and the holy spirit lives in your conscience. now if you're talking about instincts, such as say a feeling something bad is going to happen, also yes. for god works through us and in us through our hearts. if we dont listen to that, what do we have left?

Hope I helped
  • Karma is a Hindu belief - no Christian should believe in this - it implies that we cannot be forgiven or that someone in painful circumstances deserve it.
  • Michael_Thoma is absaloutely write. wat comes round goes round is a hindu belief

now as 4 the other question, i don think its wrong 4 u 2 listen 2 ur heart.
  • I don't think we do believe in karma....but I think it does happen...if not on earth then in heaven...someone who treated u wrong...will be treated wrong by other people...it's just happens like that...so it's not whether we believe on it or not...it's just natural...

As to listening to our hearts...I think if it's gonna lead u into a bad road...then u won't listen to it...but if it's of good morals so ya u will listen to it...

I don't think for either of those questions that it's matter of wrong or right...i think it's matter of it just happens...
  • well i guess for the listening to your heart question it would also depend on the situation.
  • Karma, no..as of your heart, it's too nebulous of a question..you can't generalize with human emotion..some people hold evil stuff dear to them and so following their heart would lead to the bad, not good..so, I think it's safe to say, follow Christ..
  • Personally, I believe in karma but let me explain. To me, karma is simply the Divine Justice, God being the Just Judge. I.E. Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour had to die for us to (for lack of a better term) "balance the scale." The price of sin is death which makes it unlimited, so to be attoned their had to be an unlimited sacrifice, that sacrafice being Christ the Lamb. Of course that is only one aspect (not mentioning that all of it was donbe out of His eternal love for us all.) As for whatever Hindu beliefs their may be with the name karma, I dont know? dont ask me, this is just my interpretation. That's about all i can write because its around 3 a.m. here and yeah... I'm sleapy. Nite all, God be with you.+
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=4;threadid=2126;start=0#msg32936 date=1121837363]
    ppl say that because well, god wont let you make rumors about ppl that easy. u get your punishment.

as for the listening to your heart, i think yes yes and YES! see our heart is our consience, and the holy spirit lives in your conscience. now if you're talking about instincts, such as say a feeling something bad is going to happen, also yes. for god works through us and in us through our hearts. if we dont listen to that, what do we have left?

Hope I helped

Hey marrian,
    actually about the punishment sentence I think rephrasing punishment with consequences
  • We don't believe in Karma as already established. Karma is what you do will come back to you. This is all I can say:

Judge not and ye shall not be judged; condemn not and ye shall not be condemned; forgive and ye shall be forgiven. Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give to your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal shall it shall be measured to you again.

Luke 6:37-38

Pete
  • I have a million things to say, but alas! I must go to work soon. Remind me tomorrow to post on this thread.