Verses Chain

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hey Everyone,

I was looking at the prayer chain and I was thinking let's all do a verse chain. I'll start and you guys just tell me your favorite verse. It's a way to get to know ppl. You also have to tell about something in your life that most ppl dont know. You gotta tell the story behind the verse or where you find it. Let me start:

My favorite verse is: Lord, you know all things, you know that I love you. Simon Peter said this when the Lord asked him 3 times if he loved him.

Someting about me that most people don't know is my beirthday is on July 9th.

Comments

• "These things i have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. in the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, i have overcome the world" (John 16:33)

my favorite part in the tasbeha is the fourth hos
  • I agree MarMar91 every word Jesus said is absolutely great!
    but this is one of my fav. verses
    1 John 2:17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
    I have more.. I just cant think of them at the moment.. hehe

!God bless! ;D

-Laura
  • ok this is really hard umm 1ns i reelly love umm
    o i luv Phillipians 4:13 "i can do all things throo Christ tat strengthens me" it just gives u alot of hope lol
    umm in Corinthians i think ch 6 the bit bout love (sorry dunt have a Bible on me now) umm yar ill post later lol im very lazy to get up sorry guys i will post but dw

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • I like the verse that goes "Do not Judge". lol. I do my best to live by it. I'll find my favorite one from my notebook when I find it......lol

sleepy
  • "Jesus replied, 'If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, Be uprooted and planted in the sea," and it will obey you.' " (17:5-6)
  • "Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle" Psalm 144:1

O man, this verse is awesome. I realize it was David speaking right before he went off to war, but the cool thing is I read it during a break from studying for my chem final. The awesome thing was, it was the first verse I came across during that break, and I had to take the break b/c I became soo stressed about the final during my studying. I got my grade back after the final and I was just like wooow, haha, He prepared my fingers for battle (taking the test!)
  • hehe woow gr8 stuff coosha :) btw welcome to this site :D

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • well i really like the same verse as F.R.O.G, " I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me" and I also like the verse " I have loved you with an everlasting love" Jeremiah 31:3, and "and lo, I am with you always even to the end of the age" Matthew 28:20
  • gr8 verses guys keep em cummin :D

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • ok here goes

2timothy 3:12 'yes abd all who desire to live godly in Christ will suffer persecution"

2timothy 3:16 ' alll scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work'

2timothy 4:2 ' preach the word! be ready in season and out of season. convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.'

2timothy 4:18 'and the Lord ill deliver me from every evil work and preserve me fir His heavenly kingdom. to Him be glory forever and ever Amen!'

titus 1:15 'to the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled.'

i will post sum more l8a

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!
  • thanks everyone for answering and thanks MAR MAR91 for helping but can we get some more help here
  • I really love John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, for whom shall ever believe in him shall not perish, put have eternal life" I really like that verse, it shows you how much was done for you and if you do just as much as believe you will have eternal life.

I also like the verse," Ask, and it will be given to you, Seek and you will find, knock and the door shall open"
  • My favorite verse is " Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you will have them and you will recieve them." Mark 11:24

***ALL WITH GOD'S TIMING!!!!!!!!!
  • Hey everyone i think this thread is such a good idea! I like it a lot..if only more people would share LOL

Like lots of people I also love.."i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    sis in Christ, makook
  • Hey everyone again...I just wanted to share one verse thats up on my wall and theres an awesome story behind it that i would like to share with you guys....

the verse is.. "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed" Proverbs 16:3

this verse kept popping up in my life when i had so much happening and it was a stressful time but God never left me and he kept giving me interesting signs...God kept sending this verse to me..in different places at different times....
    one time was my birthday..i recieved this cool magnet that said this verse..

2nd time was at my brothers wedding..his wifes bouquet was a bunch of flowers so once she through it..all the girls were able to catch a flower and each flower had a verse attached to it..i got the flower that had the same verse as above!!! freaky huh?

the 3rd time..i recieved a poster and it had the exact same verse on it!

So i thank God for helping me and never giving up on me... He opened my eyes and Has made me become closer to HIM!

i hope you enjoyed this story that came out of no where lol
    God bless all of you
    sis in Christ, makook
  • These are some of my fav. verses..
    because they really comforted me and lifted me up when i was down ;)
    Matthew 11:28-29
    Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

I just think these verses have a really comforting message so whenever you feel overwhelmed or stressed u can always come to God who is always there to help you and help carry your burdens and it helped me to realize that everything is in God's hands and God will take care of everything! :)

God bless!! ;D
  • I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)
  • Isaiah 12:2 "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also become my salvation.

I donno why i like this verse so much ........maybe because there is so much meaning to it
  • Isaih 40:31, "But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."
  • heres another one

Deuteronomy

11:22
    For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him;

11:23
    Then will the LORD drive out all these nations from before you, and ye shall possess greater nations and mightier than yourselves.
  • Psalms

86:15
    But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

86:16
    O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me; give thy strength unto thy servant, and save the son of thine handmaid.
  • quote"If the world hates you, know that it hated me befoer it hated you" quote

OMG, i llllooooovveeee that verse soooooo much. It reminds me of all the things he endured for us, reminding me of his unlimited love.

I have more, I just have to look for them..l.ol
  • Some of my favorite verses:

1) " With god all things are possible"
    2) " Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
    3) "I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me." Phil 4:13
    4) "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called to his purpose." Roman
    5) "For the Lord gives wisdom and from his mouth comes knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6
  • -For I know the plan that I have for you...to give you a future and hope. Jer 29:11

-For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. Ecc 2:11
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=11;threadid=1850;start=30#msg32438 date=1121399117]
    OKay, the following phrase I absolutly love... it might be in the bible, its in st. mena's doxology, and currently my signature:
    "What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

its a lot to think about.. I love, and I hope u love it too... keep postin....

lol yeah its in the bible. Matt. 16:26, Mk. 8:36, and Lk. 9:25

I LOVE the Gospel of John! there are so many comforting words in it.
    John 15-9-17

9 As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
    10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
    11 These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.
    12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
    13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
    14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
    15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.
    16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
    17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

i also like those verses "if the world hates you keep in mind that the world hated me first"

gbu!

laura
  • sry its just im really lazy about copying these verses from the bible, and a lot of ppl have run out... although i think thats impossible... :)

i really like this verse, "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? Whe Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1 :)

i like this one too "Do not hide your face from me; do not turn your face away in anger; you have been my help; do not leave me or forsake me, O God of my salvation." Psalm 27:9

I also like this one- " If anyone thirsts let him come to me and drink. He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water" :)
  • My favorite verses
    "Blessed are those who curse you"
    "But let your yes be yes and your no be no, for whatever is more than these is from the evil one"(Matthew 5:37)
    "From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."(Matthew 4:17)
    "Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a man"(Matthew 15:11)
    "But above all, my brethren, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or with any other oath. But let your yes be yes and your no be no lest, you fall into jugdement" (James 5:12)
    "You shall therefore keep my statues and my judgements, which if a man does, he shall live by them: I am the Lord" (Leviticus 18:5)
    "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in his law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of the water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall not prosper. The ungodly are not so, but are like the chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgement, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly shall perish"(Psalm 1)

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
    Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
    Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled
    Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy
    Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God
    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God
    Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs in the kingdom of heaven"(Matthew 5:3-10)
  • hey coptic servent he asked for a verse not th ebible lol
    Im just jokin anything in th ebible its just spectacular too much to choose from but my favorite verse is
    "I can do all things through Christ who streghtens me"

To me that verse is the answer to everything in life.. we can doo everything as long as jesus is in the midst of us amazingg .. god gets me soo excited and motivated

God bless you all
    -sandra A.
  • actually sandra that's not even a lot look how much marmar has done she has been trying to put this chain back together so bad she's has been trying to let it start so we can compromise here!
  • one of my sunday school teachers taught me to highlight in the bible lots and lots of verses it's truely magnificent to open up your bible and remember where your favorite verses are I just love reading the bible and the agpeya