St Sidhom Beshay

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
hay guys
does anyone no the story of St Sidhom Beshay (dunno how to spell) i didnt no about that saint. i never herd of them until i found out there is a church named after him/her and also anyfin interesting bout that saint like miracles or whatever you can post and any pictures as well thnx alot

GB AlL
+FROG+
GOD IS GreaT!!!

Comments

• Hi Fully Rely on God,

Here's his story (Baramhat 17):
    http://copticchurch.net/classes/synex.php?sa=1&month=7&day=17&btn=View

And here you'll find an icon for him:
    http://www.coptichymns.net/Coptic_Photos-thumbnails-album-13.html :)

Looks like his name is spelled "Sidhom" or "Sedhom"

• thnxxxxxxxxxxx acopt ur a legend GBU

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • any1 else??
  • I know this is not mentioned in the synexarim but I heard that they pourd boiling Hot oil on him as means of toure. Also while he was departing, Virgin Mary appeard to him and he made a comment to one of those around him asking him to bring a chair for Her to sit on and rest.

One last fact, his Body did NOT decompose and is on display in his church in Demiat, Egypt. Aslo in his chruch there is, what we believe to be, a fragment from the wood of the Cross of Jesus Christ.
  • really :o wow thats awesome stuff :)
    thnx for that coptic boy :)
    any1 else with other interesting things bout him

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • [quote author=Coptic boy link=board=4;threadid=1947;start=0#msg30806 date=1120592177]
    I know this is not mentioned in the synexarim but I heard that they pourd boiling Hot oil on him as means of toure. Also while he was departing, Virgin Mary appeard to him and he made a comment to one of those around him asking him to bring a chair for Her to sit on and rest.

One last fact, his Body did NOT decompose and is on display in his church in Demiat, Egypt. Aslo in his chruch there is, what we believe to be, a fragment from the wood of the Cross of Jesus Christ.

for the fragment of the cross, where would he get it?
  • no he dusnt get it they find it and put it in his monastry. i belive there is 1 also in pope kyrillos and st minas monastry as well
  • oh thats cool. So if some1's sick and they touch it they can be healed... thats amazing, to still have bits and pieces of the cross left... reminders of the pain he endured
  • umm u cant touch it tho they hav it in a special galss case.

ok im out i gtg work bye
  • well, being in its presence.... :o... thats enough to make me faint