why did jesus leave on a cloud?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
okay i want to know this..... after resssueraction why did JESUS CHRIST LEAVE ON A CLOUD????? to me i think that god did it for a reason. so i would like to know!! thank you !!!! ;D

Comments

• Clouds are symbolic of Mystery......the fact that Jesus was swallowed up by clouds as He ascended represents the ultimate mystery and incomprehensibility (at least to mere flesh) of the place He was ascending to: Heaven.
  • His second coming on the "clouds of heaven" is not to be taken literally either...a visible mass of water or ice particles suspended at a considerable altitude, is not going to carry the King of Kings from above to below....

• but tunt said that he left on a cloud but i really confused about that and i dont really know the answer.

any ideas????????????????
  • that is also what i am asking sandra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sorry.......never mind
  • sup mary dis is yo gurl frum o~town....lol....u no marian frum clearH20...um duz she have an sn??....bout the cloud thing...Jesus said that he will come back the same way he left...on judgment day he will come on a cloud...so i think its a symbol of power and eternity
    [move]Monica[/move]
  • I actually asked that question be4 and I was told it has something to do with water;god's love for it, maybe. Hence we are made of 70% water, and we cannot live without it (physically), and earth is also two-thirds water. Maybe i'm exaggerating.
  • okay.... so god is going to come back on a cloud... the same way he left????
    basketball ???
  • to answer your question basketball, yes
  • ohhhhhh okay thanks!!!! lol
    basketball
  • [quote author=Iqbal link=board=1;threadid=1908;start=0#msg28746 date=1118976188]
    His second coming on the "clouds of heaven" is not to be taken literally either...a visible mass of water or ice particles suspended at a considerable altitude, is not going to carry the King of Kings from above to below....

but, i thought everything is possible w/ God??!! ??? ??? if i'm not mistaken.. correct me if i'm wrong..

God bless!! :)
  • Everything is possible with God. I think what Iqbal means is that God isn't waiting for a cloud to take him from the high heavens and bring him here.
  • okay thanks for all the replys everyone lol god bless you all!!!
    basketball :D