Music

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Ok, well some ppl think that music like 50 cent and that kinda stuff is bad. WEll i know it is but what if you dont listen to the words or follow what they say. I was wondering if you guys thot it was bad to just hear it and know it. And like still be spiritual. Like its not your life cause you listen to hymns but it does come in when you got noting you to listen to. I was wondering what you guys thout.
???

Monika.

Comments

• :-\ eeekkk 50 cent!?!. . .hes such a 'miseeeba'!! his lyrics is absolutely disgusting -in every way, and the language he uses isnt very 'appropriate'! I dont think anyone should really be listening to that kinda stuff. . .cuz even though you may not be doin the stuff he sings/raps about, it still subsonsciously affects your mentality.
  • when the devil was an angel, he was the angel of music. Music is the number one thign that starts sin in everyway. think about it, if no one listened to rap, the world wouldnt be the way it is now. to answer your question it really isnt safe or right to listen to rap
  • We had once a discussion about music and its effects and such. Some people thought that it isn't that big of a deal if u just like the beat of the music without really learning it, but abouna said u are still hearing it and its effecting ur mentality, and u might have the words stuck in ur head and u can't get it out, and be singing it every where. I myself hate something called rap music, ya good job they know how to rhyme words but no one of the words are really that good or even have a message to them. U can listen to good music that have meanings not just some nonsense tht doesn't ryhme.
    God Bless.
  • very well said :)

The way I think of it is whatever you do, see, hear, etc. is going to have an effect on you sooner or later. In this case it would be having a NEGATIVE effect on you. So why listen to stuff that doesn't honor God? Didn't Paul say to honor God in everything you do? And how is this honoring God?! :-\

It also says in his letters to the Corinthians: "All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful. All things are lawful, but i will not be brought under the power of any."(1 Cor. 6:12)

And how is this benifiting you in any way, to know and love God?
    So i think just stay away from all nonsense and music like that, because it will end up having a negative effect on you in the long run..

God Bless! :)

--Laura
  • Well not just 50. But like other music. I listen to it and I dont do anything that's said in it. But that's all junk. I dont perfectly listen to the words. I listen to all the rhythm and then maybe know the words if some1 keeps playing it over and over. :D
  • Well u don't have to be doing it to be listening to it...the words themseleves are a bad influence on u...so it's still very bad because u will know those bad words that they say and later might be influenced by them
  • See, the problem wit this is you think ure only listening to the rythm, beat, w/e but subconciuosly, u r listening to the words.

Soon enuf ull be descencitized to the secular ideas represented in the song because u keep hearing it again and again, and u will slowly accept the song and the idea brought with them.

for example, when u first watch a violent movie ure like "WOWOWOW." But the more and more u watch, u will slowly be ok with it and accept the idea. That dsnt mean ure gonna go around and shoot ppl but u will lose a sense of innocence. And once u lose the innocence u can never have it baq.

I know its like impossible to be listening to Hymns ALL THE TIME, so what i do is sometimes listen to nice songs without the explicit lyrics. Musicians like Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin and of course Abdel Halim Hafez ;). thes musicians dont sing about violence, sex, etc. So try that wen u want to listen to something else.

and if ure reely into rap, there is some gospel rap u noe, so rap in general isnt bad, it's the lyrics and the ideas that many rappers use (like 50 cent) that make it unholy.

i hope i helped somewhat, peace
    Nader
  • Well, if people want to go that route, then I'd have to say that Christian rap is probably equally as bad, if not worse, for the reason that Christian rappers are usually Protestant, and as such, will tend to espouse a shallow, twisted version of the "gospel" ("I'm still living in sin, but through Jesus Christ I will win"....etc.)......so unless it's coming from an Orthodox singer, I would stay away from "Christian" pop music all together.

I have heard it said, though I have yet to see any scientific laboratorial research or statistics to back this up, that a loud 4/4 beat, listened to constantly, can cause mental derangement (presumably from some sort of "resonance" between this and your brain's "cycles").......this is, according to the "theory", what causes tribal peoples in their rituals to have trances (where, presumably they come into contact with demons). Not that I necessarily believe in all that....just throwing it out there as food for thought.

What really gets me is how, growing up as a Christian, other Christians would tell me how bad it is to listen to secular music, when they themselves were watching R-rated movies.......so I give that a big "Physician, heal thyself!"
  • id just go for hymns spiritual songs (theres so many songs u can never be bored) and some good old songs egyptian music/songs when it was still worth to be called music/songs. At least this gives u inner peace and lifts the spirit instead of rap and love songs that get u excited etc.
  • If you don't listen to the bad parts that's ok but you have to remember that your still God's child, if this music is drifting you from Christ than you should not listen to it often but listen to it at least 15 minutes a day so that you shouldn't just focus on music but have time to live your life as usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[move][glow=red,2,300]*God Bless*[/glow][/move]

-Nans-
  • well i dunno wat u stole my name sed i dunt find anything rong with some gospel songs i find some really nice actually
    and as coptic girl said dont listen to the bad parts, well to know there is bad parts there u will have to listen to it and understand and no its bad for u to avoid next time when its already in ur head so dont throw ur self in front of bulets and just stay away from it.

i watched a dvd lyk last yr or so its called hells bells i reccomend every1 watches it it gives u a whole thing and how music is bad not just wit rok and roll well thats wat it mainly is about but still all music i remember i always used to listen to music i dont even turn on the radio or listen to 1 song anymore after that movie it really helped me so i reccomend it to every1
    even though the song may seem nice and soft whatever no bad words there was an example of 1 on that dvd they rewinded it and it had all this stuff to do with worshopping satan
    another was a band didnt want to show every1 that they were worshoping satan so they made the words and sung it backwards thats often y u dunt understand wat they say even if u listen hard its lyk they are speaking gibberish or sumthing

so just avoid all the rubbish thats out there these days, society is getting worse by the day.

get the movie or download or sumthing ull find it on the net most probably and watch it and i doubt ull listen to all that garbage .

btw every1 good replies above :)

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!
  • LOL..If you don't follow the words or follow what they say, then what do you follow?! ::)

Gangster music especially is horrible..the concepts it conveys are beyond me..I mean really: Clubs? Drinking?
    Beautiful..anyhow, it depends on you..if you think it's okay to listen to such then so be it..I personally can't listen to such a song without disgust..yekh.
  • i likk fitty but i think he is to extreme of a swearer and talkin bout sick stuff. wat diff would it make if he took that stuff out and put cleaner stuff in?
    but hes alrite
    GOD BLESS
    Marina Botros
  • unfortunately, the media and public find his swearing and dirrty lyrics appealing; thats the only reason hes in "tha music industry". But personally, I dont like him at all. . .his lyrics is absolutely PATHETIC...But if U like HIS "beat" or "rhythm"...then ull definetly like tasbeha :D its a BAZZZZILLLLLLIIIONNNN times betttttter! (and plus, its coool to be sitting in the mass/service/ tasbeha etc. and know the worrrds and actually understand what they're singing...instead of hearing a bunch of "AAAA AAAA- OOOOO-OOOO"! ;) hehe, its nice to sing along and undertand whats goin on :)

But if u like R&B and hip hop and stufff like that...then why dont u listen to Tupac (whos lyrics is a bit more beneficial then zeft 50 :P) , Mary Mary , Rachel Lampa, Stacy Oricco. They all sing christian songs, and they're amazing! ;)
  • like maryann23 said, find other singers who fuel a better message. And if you only like the rythym or beat, just get the song instrumental. No words, no 'araf', no problems!
    Just remember that your body is the temple of the holy spirit. Don't corrupt it by unconsciouly letting in sin. The devil is sly. He wants to portray a bad message into appealing music, but as the good Christian, you have to be intelligent enough to decipher it, and stay away. May God be with you.
  • ahahahahahaha good stuff maryann lol gr8 stuff thats funny but its so true amen tasbeha and church stuff r way better
    and zeft 50 amen to that as well lol

"instead of hearing a bunch of "AAAA AAAA- OOOOO-OOOO"! "
    hahahahah so true so true lol ;D

thats absolutely correct keep.smiling good stuff amen keep it up :D

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • tasbeha and hymns are alot better. you also get something out of it unlike 50 cent. All he gives is well, 50 cents lol what do u get out of him?
    nothing
    also like fully rely on god said, you will not take it as ahhhs and ooooh and eeees but as ten oousht or somthin. it is also fun to sit there learning hymns. (some hymns). Some hymns you can be the one person to know it. You can also represent in church hymn competition. I dont know if any of you have those but we do down in florida. So forget 50 and remember god

god bless
  • I just want to know why do people want to listen to this it doesn't have any good things it's all bad and like Coptic101 says tasbeha hymns and songs are alot better but just music can turn you to some1 who will always listen so I suggest you should not listen to it!

God bless

*Nansy*
  • i dont think all music is bad! some of them are good and some are bad and ofcorse hymns are much more better than songs!!! :-\unless you have any other ideas!!
  • Whoever does not listen to Khaled, let him/her/it be anathema!
  • hey what do you mean?
  • is that something that egyptian say like a phras or something??????
  • It was a joke....I really like Khaled, that's why I said it.
  • lol...thats funny!!
  • no like i mean like R&B and such those are bad but disney music is good because it has nothing wrong with it that's why i like it that's the only music i'm listening to and hymns aren't music there just hymns and they are very cool
  • i don't tink it is a problem when you listen to both songs and hymns and by the way i love disney!!!!
  • right on sandra
  • do you mean the disney one 8)
  • hey music is okay and i do like listening to hip hop ans rap. so that is okay but no words and language!!!!
  • well if ur talking bout instrumental music such as the beat of that stuff and no words thats fine coz its up to u to think of what words but hey y wood u waste ur time listening to rap and stuff instrumental wen u can get bootiful hymns that r 50 times better

lol btw wats disney? ur not talking bout the miky mouse nd stuff r use lol?

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!