Bible/Saint Trivia

edited June 2005 in Faith Issues
(im not sure if we can have a bible trivia thread, but i thought it would be fun) (theres 1 on coptichymns.net but they never reply to it)

----so if you have any questions about saints or people in the bible feel free to post it ----

-which saint has a lion by her in her picture?

-which saint, after his death, when people visited his monastary he would get his hand out of the box and say hi/wave to people?

-which saint is drawn carrying a bag of sand on his shoulders/back and what does it symbolize?

-which saint till this day, her hand still did not deteriorate?

Comments

• i no st. Mark has the lion cuz wen he was little a lion was gonna attack him n his dad and he prayed and it left....
  • ya :)but st mark is not a girl "which saint has a lion by her in her picture?" ;)
  • -which saint, after his death, when people visited his monastary he would get his hand out of the box and say hi/wave to people?

Anba Bishoy...Wadi el Natroun Monastery

-which saint is drawn carrying a bag of sand on his shoulders/back and what does it symbolize?

Anba Moussa the Black...it symbolizes when he went to the monastery and the monks were judging another monk, he took the bag of sand and carried it on his back to symbolize that everyone should be carrying their own sins.

which saint till this day, her hand still did not deteriorate?

St. Marina...I think there is two St. Marinas so I think she is the one who's picture has her holding satan in her hand.

LOL...tht's fun...I am not sure about any of what I said thou..so ya feel free to correct

I have no idea what's the first one..I am guessing it's saint Marina as well.
  • wow, u r good, im impressed :) :), good job :),
  • Is the first one true as well?
  • ya that was a hard question, ya u r right, its anba bishoy,
    which saint has a lion by her?
  • I meant the lion one...is it St. Marina?
  • sorry i didnt read the last sentence u typed the first time,
    no its not saint marina
  • lol k...tht's a hard one :)
  • Great Topic,

Aight, the answer you have all been waiting for (lol I feel kinda humble)

-which saint has a lion by her in her picture?

Her name is Saint Anasimon (I think that's how you spell her name) also titled "Queen of the wild beasts" and "the retarted Queen"
    She gained the first when she left her palace (she was a queen) she went into the wilderness and all the wild beasts would come and attend to her. Out of her humility she thought that she didn't want to be queen over people, then why is she queen over animals.

She earned the second title when she left the wilderness and went to spend tim in a convent. She pretended to be mentally impared out of humility so people won't recognise her. They ended up mistreating her but she was happier that way and prayed for them.

Now Here is a tough One:

Name two who have a dragon in thier Icons
  • is st.george one of them?
  • wow finally! good job copticboy, ya u r right st anasemon :)
    st george and st tadros?, saint marina defeated a dragon/satan but its not in her icon
  • Mary,
    you are right, St. Tadros Has a dragon.

Saint Marina has a picture of the devil himself (ugly lookin fella with two horns and red eyes)

keep them comming guys. something a bit more challanging now...
  • 1.whats the name of the samaritan woman and her 2 sons which were martyred?
    2. what is the name of the saint that wiped Jesus's face when He was carrying the cross, and His face got printed on the cloth she had?
  • 2....St. Monica :)?
  • No another saint, but saint Monica is the mother of St. Augustine, she cried so that he would repent, she cried 40 years for him so he is known as "the son of tears"
  • St. Veronica
  • ya...good job..welcome to the site, its your first post :)
  • Thank you ;D
  • Oh and the answer to your first question:

St. Photini is the name of the Samaritan woman and her two sons are Photeinos and Joseph.
  • saint Photini is right but her two sons 1 is Joseph/Joses the other is Victor :) good job :)
  • Victor?? Haha no way! :o Thanks for correcting me ;)
  • i hope u don't mind but i'm gonna start a new question

1. st. macrious (sorry about the spelling) is also know as wat
    2. wat does that name symbolize
    3. wat does macrious mean

good luck

god bless
  • 1. st. macrious (sorry about the spelling) is also know as wat
    2. wat does that name symbolize
    3. wat does macrious mean

1. St. Marcrious Flopatier Abu Sifain (if tht's the one u are talking abt)
    2. The Abu Sifain part is the two sifains (swords) that he had, one was the one he owned from his army and the other one is the one that Angel Mikhail gave it to him.
    3. No idea

• i definetly dont mind, any1 who has questions please post :)

did you mean Marcurius (abu sefein) or anba Macarius/ Abu Makar?
  • Mercurius, means servant of Jesus Christ
  • I always thought Mercurius is the name of the messenger pagan God in greek/roman mythology, and that thats the name he was given to honour him for being so strong and brave in the wars, but i could be mistaking ;)
  • His name was Philopateer which Means beloved of the father. His feast is on August first.
  • macrious, was a ranking in the roman army. st. philomater had this ranking. he is also know as abu safain, as metioned before. this is because before a battle an agel appeared to him and gave him the sword which helped him defeat his enemy.

if i'm wrong please correct

God Bless
  • Marcarious means Leader of the army and he was called that because he was good in the army.