Pets

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
i know u guys might think i am a little crazy for saying this but where do animals spirits go when they die. do they go to heaven too...(lol..i know it sound crazy but seriously)

Comments

• they dont go anywere , they are gone forever ! They don't have spirits or souls!
  • thats a good question
    but i do know they dont have spirits or souls so yea
  • That's an interesting question.

Every living creature has to have a soul. Sometimes we use the word soul and Spirit interchangebly. But that is the main difference between us and the animals. we have Spirits, they don't.
    The spirit is that breath that God gave us when creating Adam. It is His Holy Spirit. This is the only thing that is Eternal because it came from God. the soul is what makes us breath. All living creatures breath. Its what makes us alive. In Arabic it is called "nafs" and it came from the word "Nafas" or "breath". this is the unseen power that make it impossible to bring anybody or anything back from the dead. The soul, both in us and animals, perish after our death.

So animals don't have spirits, but they have souls. Since souls perish after a person's death, then animals won't exist in Heaven.

Just my 2cents
  • like coptic boy said"animals don't have spirits, but they have souls"!!i need to add something god created animals for only one reason to serve the human
    so when they die they are gone!

pray for me!!
  • some ppl say that their pets are with god now, but i find that very annoying.

to say that a dog will be in gods kingdom next to the resurrected Christ? thats an abomination.

sorry lol. i know that was harsh to u guys who have lost ur pets.
  • Nothing happens to them, they just die.

And if I'm wrong about that... then i just sent a massive centipede to heaven about 5 mins ago...
  • Ladies and gentlemen, if Sparky dies, Sparky dies..end of story.
  • [quote author=ServantOfJesus link=board=1;threadid=1800;start=0#msg27547 date=1118110062]
    Ladies and gentlemen, if Sparky dies, Sparky dies..end of story.

Lol

Well really i think its kinda sad.. :'( poor sparky!

well a while ago and i mean a WHILE ago i saw this animated movie call all dogs go to heaven. Its not real.. i just thought it was pretty funny. Doggies die and go to heaven. I just felt like mechuning that.
  • If we read the story of the creation of man in Genesis 2. it says that the Lord created man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life. Read chapter 1 and 2 of Genesis clearly...no other creature was granted this breath of life. according to the psalms of David "For He created us a little lower than the angels" nothing else was adorned by God with the glory granted to the humans except for the angels.
  • ur exactly right psalmist..

it says in psalm 8 we have dominion over all the animals... and i think that kinda says something.. if animals went to heaven then they we wouldn't have dominion over them.. maybe.. ??? nvmd... lol
    And it says in:
    Psalm 49:20
    A man who has riches without understanding is like the beasts that perish.

and

2 Peter 2:12b
    They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.

so animals don't go to heaven.. they just die..
    correct me if anything is said is wrong..

God Bless!

--Laura