The Church of St. George on St. Mercurius

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I would like to take this chance to congratulate Fr. Antonious Samaan, and the congregation of the Church of the two great martyrs, St. George and St. Mercurius, on finishing the second phase of the renovations. The Church looks fabulous and i can't wait to bring my friends down, and show it to them. I remeber that church when it was still all lockers and run down, but the Glory of God was manifested and He has granted me the blessings of seeing this wonderful church get reconstructed from my livingroom window. Nevertheless Mississauga my home and native land, i shall return to thee...and behold the Glory of God there on the hands of the holy Frs. Fr.Heg. Angaelos, Fr. Max, Fr. Domatious, Fr. Botrous, and Fr. Pishoy in the progression of the third Church in the names of the Great martyr St. Mina the wonder worker and the Great Patriarch Pope Kyrillos I.

Comments

• mabrook to Fr. Antonious (who can play the 3oud like an angel) on their new church!!

[quote author=Psalmist link=board=1;threadid=1482;start=0#msg23996 date=1114033063]
    ...and behold the Glory of God there on the hands of the holy Frs. Fr.Heg. Angaelos, Fr. Max, Fr. Domatious, Fr. Botrous, and Fr. Pishoy in the progression of the third Church in the names of the Great martyr St. Mina the wonder worker and the Great Patriarch Pope Kyrillos I.

AMEN!! (you know what that means psalmist - we're getting a 6th priest :D)
  • thank u for those nice words
    we have gone through alot to get here so thank u very much ;D
    Don't worry we are going to finish our iconostasis for this easter mass and after that our church is finaly complete ;D.
  • DITTO!Congrats Fr. Antonious Samaan, and the congregation on the wonderful blessing.

And whoo on the new church! I can't wait!! I wonder who the new priest will be...OH MAYBE UNCLE JOHN!!! :o hehe...
  • my level of humbility will not allow me to accept the position of priesthood....i now you are all shocked by my humbelness...OR THE LAVK THEREOF.lol

Barseem told me and i quote "The day you become a priest is the day that the entire conregation converts" lol....I so agree.

but seriously...we will actually need at least 2-3 more priests. So lets pray and let the Glory of God be announced through his selection and not us just tossing names randomly.
  • [quote author=Psalmist link=board=1;threadid=1482;start=0#msg24030 date=1114094705]
    my level of humbility will not allow me to accept the position of priesthood....i now you are all shocked by my humbelness...OR THE LAVK THEREOF.lol

Barseem told me and i quote "The day you become a priest is the day that the entire conregation converts" lol....I so agree.

but seriously...we will actually need at least 2-3 more priests. So lets pray and let the Glory of God be announced through his selection and not us just tossing names randomly.

Haha! Good one Barsoum!Gotta give him props for that one when i c him (kinda true too! :P) lol just kiddin'!!

Wow, I think our church is going for a record "the most amount of priests in one church community" lol! :o maybe we can enter into the guiness book of records! lol...ignore me im dreaming of shawarma and it's wierding up my head ;D (CC and Psalmist u say one thing about my wierd head and ur asking for trouble :P) hehe.

On a serious note, Psalmist is right, this situation needs a lot of prayers, as we all know selecting new priest(s) is no easy job.

PS: as for my uncle John comment, Its just me :P ignore :P:P:P

PPS: yayyyy easter!!!!!
  • [quote author=gurl-servant link=board=1;threadid=1482;start=0#msg24005 date=1114044389]
    thank u for those nice words
    we have gone through alot to get here so thank u very much ;D
    Don't worry we are going to finish our iconostasis for this easter mass and after that our church is finaly complete ;D.

THATS AWESOME!!!
  • yea samar u got a wierd lookin head as wierd as wired can get. :P WEIRDO. lol i joke

and yea i agree with barseem about his comment about me. lol

ESHLEEL
  • father antonious is my relative... I cant wait to see the church... are there any pics... Ill probably go this summer to check it out... and he is the one probably doing the icons... truly he is talented.
  • Dude...you are so lucky...i envy you serious...that man is great. and yes he is painting the icons...marvellous
  • :o :o :o :o :o :o :o 6 priests !!! KHOLLLLYY MOOLLLYYY we hav 2 priests and monk and they think its heeps wow

hehe if psalmist bcums a priest hehe watch every1 will turn muslim/ anythin but christian (mite as well commit suicide b4 it cums) nar jkz jkz :P :P

congratz on tha new chuch and priest

and tut tut psalmist envying is a sin :) jkz but it is still a sin

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • [quote author=FULLY RELY ON GOD link=board=1;threadid=1482;start=0#msg24093 date=1114178082]
    :o :o :o :o :o :o :o 6 priests !!! KHOLLLLYY MOOLLLYYY we hav 2 priests and monk and they think its heeps wow

hehe if psalmist bcums a priest hehe watch every1 will turn muslim/ anythin but christian (mite as well commit suicide b4 it cums) nar jkz jkz :P :P

congratz on tha new chuch and priest

and tut tut psalmist envying is a sin :) jkz but it is still a sin

GB ALL
    +FROG+

Jee frog evertime you post about me...I just can't help but feel the love...your tooo kind. lol
    and we're only 5 priets right now...but thats a shortage.

and envy is sin only if ur envying something bad...but envying the saints is another way of trying to reach to 1% of what the have attained...shoukd that be plausible for anyof us.

Thanx dudette for ur super kind words. Righteous.
  • sorri did i offend u? i was only playing
    5 priests thats stacks
    hehe its bout tym i get ma facts rite lol

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • No Frog, u didn't offend me...among many things sarcasam is one of my favourtie things...read the post again and sense the sarcasm...FEEL THAT SARCASM...yup it spells out Psalmist. :P
  • [quote author=Psalmist link=board=1;threadid=1482;start=0#msg24099 date=1114182995]
    No Frog, u didn't offend me...

ok good im glad

[quote author=Psalmist link=board=1;threadid=1482;start=0#msg24099 date=1114182995]
    among many things sarcasam is one of my favourtie things...read the post again and sense the sarcasm...FEEL THAT SARCASM...yup it spells out Psalmist. :P

lol im with u on that 1 :) ;) :D ;D sarcasm in my world ROKS lol and so does laughin btw thats all i do :D

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • I think i've grown immune to Psalmist's sarcasm lol