??quick question??

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Why does God let bad things happen to people?? is he trying to teach them a lesson or something??? please give me your advice, thank you so much and may God Bless You

Comments

• When the same Abba Anthony thought about the depth of the judgments of God, he asked, "Lord, how is it that some die when they are young, while others drag on to extreme old age? Why are there those who are poor and those who are rich? Why do wicked men prosper and why are the just in need?" He heard a voice answering him, "Anthony, keep your attention on yourself; these things are according to the judgment of God, and it is not to your advantage to know anything about them.'
  • oh thats understandable, thank you
  • Are you being sarcastic? And want more elaboration or are you serious?
  • Well this satisfies the question I guess...

Mike
  • Everything happens for a reason, its hard for us to understand the wisdom of God, but He knows whats best for us, and even though bad things might happen to us, "all things work together for God for those who love God" Romans 8:28, and its only through many tribulations that we enter the kingdom of God acts 14:23
  • True, and speaking of tribulation...and temptation, i was told something really nice: see it as like...a test! In school, we need to pass tests to make sure we've taken in everything we've learned. If we're never tested, we'll never REALLY know if we've covered the material sufficiently. The same goes to temptation and tribulation: if we're tested and we pass, then we've succeded!! but if we fail to go through with it, then we're kinda in trouble....
  • Just like PrincessMary said, everything happens for a reason. If it's a good thing, it's Go'd will, if it's a bad thing, it isn't God's will but it is done with his permission. Could be a test for us, could be that he's trying to knock on our door, and we won't answer so he knocked really hard. It all depends, but God will never do anything that is over the edge for us because no one knows us better.

sleepy
  • Hello,

you would feel much better if you think that you deserve what's happening to you. r u a sinner or not?..... then don't talk about perfection and life with no problems. do you know the holly life that god wanted for man in the heaven when he created him?..compare your self to that hollyness and then you gonna know why . Thank You

• hey all
    wel our priest told us a story once- there was this man an like he had a wife, kids and his like animals (all kinds)
    one day on the farm they found one of their goats dead in the floor. the man was really angry and upset at go. always questioning him why he did it. the lord answered an said 2 him that he needed his wifes help but had mercy on her life an took the goats life instead. be thankful for everything- its all under his will, he knows best
    hope i helped :-\ lol