who is god?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
god greated us but who greated god?

Comments

• Nobody and nothing created god. He is omnipotent and was always around. “I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. The first and the last”. It is impossible for us as humans to conceive any idea of how god came to be. It is something that is left up to faith and not something that can be explained. That’s as far as my knowledge goes anyway…
    Somebody please provide more knowledge and insight. G.J.I., Princess Mary, Banoub? Help…
  • Mark423,
    High five for you! You're absolutely correct. This is one of the questions that many people ask. The answer is that there is no answer. We, as Christians, believe that God was not created, but the Creator. It is like the essence of the Trinity (in reference to the fact that it is as unexplainable).
  • haha, high five right back ;)
  • Hello all, Mark is 100% correct. I think, that many people want to know where God came from, but the answer isn't satisfying. As you said, God is the alpha and the omega, the begining and the end. However, this doesn't make much sense to people. God is the creator of all. However, God is not an organism or evolved bacteria; rather, he is an entity. He does not exist in any biological form, but in a spiritual form. I hope this helped. I have lots of articles, if you want any let me know
  • In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
    John 1:1-4

You might also be interested to read about Theology. Several books are availabe under our sister site: CopticChurch.net.
  • God, as creator of time, is outside of time. Since therefore He has no beginning in time, He has always existed. God is eternal, He is infinite, and He is without beginning or end, He is the alpha and the omega. God has always existed, " even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God" (Psalm 90:2). And, "Your throne is established from of old; Thou art from everlasting" (Psalm 93:2), God “inhabits eternity” Isaiah (57:15). We say in the apostle’s creed “True God of True God, Begotten, not created”

Some things are just beyond our understanding, we are limited and God is unlimited, we r mortal but He is immortal, He is infinite and we are finite. No one created God, God was there from the beginning, God is life it self, He is the source of all life; “I am the resurrection and the life” (John 11:25). God was there before anything ever existed.
  • Completely agree will all you guys, and I have a point to make...but keep up with me cuz its a phiosophical one.

God is unlimited, and thus its not our Job to try to understand who he is, rather its our Job to learn how He loves us and deals with us.

watch if we can know what God is, the we limited him to words and therfore he no longer is God. But because He's unlimited we cann't quantize Him. Okay now this is gonna sound really weird. But to try to understand God we have to talk about Satan since he is much lower than God but the 2nd most powerful dude in this universe...and since he is limited we can quantize him...by defininf him we know What is not and by knowing what God is not is the only way we can have a slight idea of What God is.

confusing i know...but please send my ur input on this theory.
  • its kind of like...a human can create a robot but the robot will never be able to comprehend the human
  • [quote author=cremedelescremes link=board=1;threadid=195;start=0#msg22086 date=1110829055]
    its kind of like...a human can create a robot but the robot will never be able to comprehend the human

very smart thinkin!
  • Right on! that's a very good explanation.

It's funny, I had someone who asked me that same question a few days ago...I wasn't really sure how to answer him, but now I know how...thanx u guys!
  • [quote author=Banoub link=board=1;threadid=195;start=0#msg908 date=1082938905]
    Mark423,
    High five for you! You're absolutely correct. This is one of the questions that many people ask. The answer is that there is no answer. We, as Christians, believe that God was not created, but the Creator. It is like the essence of the Trinity (in reference to the fact that it is as unexplainable).

We don't beleive that nothing created God...

[glow=red,2,300]WE KNOW THAT NOTHING CREATED GOD![/glow]

Even Muslims and Jews would agree with this. So you got maybe 4.5 billion people backing you up now lol.

God bless,
    Matt
  • im not sure if this really answers the question, it probably doesnt... but this is a quote i read on someone's signature

"If God were small enough to be understood, He would not be big enough to worship"

this kinda leads back to what all you guys have very well said... He is the Creator .... the Alpha and Omega...
    He wouldnt have the tilte 'God' if He was created, cuz that means whoever/whatever created Him is 'mighter' than He... so logically speaking as well, He cant have a creator, and He doesnt....(hope that's not confusing..)

i just wanted to share the quote....

take care and God bless
  • God is the only true reality.Time,matter,space are all temporal constructs,little more than illusions.God alone is eternal.All creation originated in the mind of God and apart from Him nothing which now exists has come into being.

There is only God.Whatever flows from the mind of God takes on form and substance, every particle,atom,etc.He speaks and it is done.He upholds all creation "by the word of His power".Without Him the created order will disintegrate into nothingness,for apart from Him there is no life,no being,no lasting substance.

No one created God,for God is.
  • hey all

ok the best way to answer this question, imagine your mind as being a sqaure you dont know what surrounds that square because you have never set foot in it and that should be the way. never set your mind in places that are wrong and let thoughts such as who created god leave your mind because there is only one thing to believe through - faith
  • ;D :oWOOHOO guys good stuff mazza u rok
    xellent stuff guys :o :) ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

also here is something that goes with faith
    [glow=red,2,300][/glow]Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and recieves the impossible!! :) ;) :D ;D

U GUYS R JUST TOOO GOOD :D ;)
    GBU ALL AND MAY ALL YOUR KNOWLEDGE INCREASE (but not to the point that your brain xplodes i dont want that ;))
    pray 4 me
    ur sis+FROG+
  • In the Name of our Lord Christ,

I agree with pretty much everybody, man is an incomplete being, with a very low understanding. We cannot recieve such truism easily, and that is where faith comes in. Faith is the belief in things not seen, the belief in things above our understanding, things that can exceed knoweldge. The fact that God has existed at all times and that He was always there cannot be easily recieved by humans, for to our understanding everything has a beginning and an end. Yet this fact is just as complicated as the fact that space is unlimited, or that there are some planets that we cannot see because the reflection of the light has not yet reached us, or the fact that after breaking down an atom you don't have matter anymore, OR EVEN that cells in animals are like the control unit, they tell it when to eat and when to drink....

It's all pretty much beyond our imagination, and if the objects we see are that complicated, think of the above, the heavenly....

I hope I helped :-[

Mike