Muslim looking into the Coptic Orthodox Religion

2»

Comments

• edited July 2019
    There are cult groups (Jehovah's Witnesses, The Way International, Christadelphians, etc.) who deny the Trinity and state that the doctrine was not mentioned until the 4th Century until after the time of the Council of Nicea (325). This council "was called by Emperor Constantine to deal with the error of Arianism which was threatening the unity of the Christian Church."

The are many early church father quotes that show that the doctrine of the Trinity was indeed alive-and-well before the Council of Nicea.

https://carm.org/early-trinitarian-quotes
  • @mabsoota is it a monk from America perhaps?
    ;)
  • yes, i did not meet him personally but the course leaders were in usa.
  • I am in this course!
  • aah, excellent course, may God bless your service :)
  • @halasawaf here is the misconception that is often perpetuated by Muslims, Jews, atheists etc. That early Christians we’re doing their thing and some guy randomly said “Yano what, God is 3 in 1”. That isn’t true, the term was coined 300 years after the crucifixion but the councils purpose in the first place was to reorganize Christians and to separate them from various heresies. Trinitarianism has always existed but alongside minor heresies like Gnosticism etc. the term only got coined when Christianity reorganized after hundreds of years of disorganization due to persecution. Summed up, my point is that trinitarianism always existed from the beginning, but it was named specifically 300 years later. And people weren’t randomly guessing Christ’s nature, the evidence for it all were in the books written by Apostles. All the councils (aside from Chalcedon) were about reunifying the different sects that arose due to disunity because of persecution. These councils had the smartest theologians, philosophers and historians work together on assessing what’s real and what isn’t. The result was the true church coming back together and the heresies disbanded and died out.