Wanting to become baptised

Hello all,

For the last few months I've been attending my local Coptic Orthodox Church on Sunday's, Bible Studies on Wednesday's and on Tuesday's Abbouna has been running a class with me for an hour talking about the Holy Trinity, Holy Angels and just really covering all basics of Christianity with me. I've been committed to going and I'm really enjoying it, I've met a lot of great people and the priests are very lovely and easy to talk to. On Sunday's when I'm at church, I feel as though I am at home.

My struggle at the moment is that I don't know how to approach and ask the questions of Baptism. 

I was born into a nonpracticing Muslim family (as my Father was Muslim) - my family is not at all religious and what made what to seek Christ and learn was that I was feeling lost.

I just wanted to ask the general question of would the Coptic Church baptism someone that was technically born Muslim? 

Just looking for some help here.

Thank you.

Comments

• That's wonderful to hear.

Participating in a baptism is a wonderful thing even as an altar server or as a member of the congregation. If you believe as an Orthodox Christian and want to be baptized, I am 100% sure your priest is going to be extremely happy for you and for his growing flock.

Sure, he's likely to talk with you to make sure you are sure and you are ready, but make no mistake, this is a wonderful blessing.

God Bless you and congratulations
  • certainly you can become a Christian and join the orthodox church, it is the best thing in the world!
    it is not the easiest thing, but the best thing.
    :)
  • @mabsoota - how do you mean it isnt the easiest thing?
  • the devil and the demons (bad angels) don't want anyone to be Christian. but there are many more angels than demons who help us stay close to God.
    we have the best life ever when we follow Jesus and He gives us power to follow Him. but we can't succeed without Him and we should expect opposition from people who are offended by the fact that we choose to be Christian.
  • Hi bee2494 Jesus came to seek and save that which was lost... All human lives are precious & whatever religious background or culture and so on does not exclude you ever from the love of Jesus. You hold your head up now - you are as worthy as the next person. Go to the priest and ask him direct. Don't be nervous about it. If you don't get clear answers and directions and scriptures - walk through that door and never look back! slan
  • @saintjanedoe, thank you so much for your advice!

I hope the priest can be clear with me and provide me answers to all my questions.

God Bless You