Which One Do You Want

2»

Comments

• u don't have to be ordained as a priest...

the priesthood and monasticm are too different things. First u become a monk, and some monks are ordained as priests later on to serve in/outside the monastery.

Even though it's prefered to be able to speak arabic, it's not a major problem i think, especially cause there's the coptic monastery in the Californian desert rite? :)
  • ya but i think they speak arabic right?
  • i have no clue, i've never been there, it's kinda far away lol

i assume they speak english though
  • i dont really know, for me i want to get married to someone whos hardcore coptic, i want to learn from this person, and im very facinated w monks i dont know why, i love anyone in a monastery, i look up to them. I wish i could work at one, just work...
  • im sitll focusing on a priest or a monk
  • does wanting to marry a priest count? my biggest dream has always been to marry a priest but its in God's hands ill be happy with whatever he gives me
  • I would like to say... it is up to God, not us for anything to happen... my dream was to leave the world, but if God chooses othere wise, it is up to him, no matter what.... Abouna Bishoy Kamel, he wanted to become a monk, but God wanted other wise, thus through pope Kyrellos, he became a priest... so in the end it is up to God, not us.
  • ya but, if you marry priest they usually marry b4 priesthood, while they are a deacon, im not shure if i am right but priests cant maryr in priesthood.
  • yes you are right
  • ya i thot so
  • hey in the beginning u guys started the topic by saying wat level u want to be in the future but all ways keep in mind that god will choose u. at my church in etobicoke we only have all agonostos deacons one hegomen (fr.mankarious- (hegomen) 60 years in priesthood) and fr. abraam. any way some one said the wanted to be a hegomen that only happens wen u are a priest and god chooses some one to become a priest for this particulare church and then the first priest goes to be ordained hegomenos(head of the church) if was not known the meaning.
  • [quote author=awad link=board=1;threadid=927;start=30#msg17587 date=1105131179]
    i dont really know, for me i want to get married to someone whos hardcore coptic, i want to learn from this person, and im very facinated w monks i dont know why, i love anyone in a monastery, i look up to them. I wish i could work at one, just work...

omg i feel xactly tha same way lolz every1 at tha monastery i look up to as my dad i luv em sooo much lolz

GBU ALL
    FROG
  • must be though for girls eh?
  • i think i would just ike to stay as deacon it really depend on how much you commit your lives to God yet you could still gain a lot from being a deacon
  • i agree its hard to fight the urge! but other people are right we can serve in other ways, women play an important role in the church community.

Maria
  • I like being a deacon. I was told by my priest to never aspire to being a priest, because I wouldn't be a good priest. He told me I was a great deacon, the best he had ever seen. Some would think that the first comment was a cruel and insulting one, but they were from a man who was dying and wanted to give me advice and to identify my talents and abilities. As my very dear spiritual father, I take it as a complement since he was able to recognize my abilities and talents.

The Church needs good deacons. It is this base and foundation to the hierarchical Church that all things are carried forward in the Church.

Unfortunately, I do not find the vast majority of the members of the diaconate carrying out their commission as described in the book of the Acts of the Apostles and the Epistles of St. Paul.

I find that the churches are disorderly, the altars are unkept, and the general appearance of the church to be inappropriate and unbecoming to the dignity of the Almighty. I hear deacons bragging about the hymns and chants that they have learned, but have not mastered their meanings.

I believe that the diaconate requires quite a rebirth and raising from the ashes that I have seen develop in the diaspora, and especially in the United States. The first commission of the diaconate is service not the chants. The chants are an insignificant speck in the service.

Where is the deacon when the elderly need help? Where is the deacon when the bathrooms and the halls need to be cleaned? Where is the deacon when the Holy Scriptures have to be read appropriately from the pulpit? Where is the deacon when a child is making a disturbance in the church? Where is the deacon when the vestments are all over the floor and not hung up on hangers? Where is the deacon when the priest needs the censor ready?

Yet I see the deacons aspiring to who will do the next chant, and I like to immitate Cantor so and so.

The emulation is in the service of St. Stephen, the witness of St. Stephen, and the purity of St. Stephen.

He is another good guy that you don't hear about too much in the Church. I think that there is a fear of revelation of one's true duties in the diaconate.

Sorry, this is a touchy subject for me over the last 12 years.

I don't think their should be this kind of survey. It doesn't achieve anything. There should have been another category: 'wants to be good'.
  • i want to be a person who has faith strong enough to move mountains thats what i want :)

Maria
  • i like your answer Maria. It's the best one so far.
  • go maria!!! nice answer lol
    girl or guy, that's somthing we can all try to acheive lol

and marmar, its ok i cant clean either lol
    but that's not what girls are all about, there's alot more to us than that, and u know it ;)

take care and God bless
  • Cleaning is a sad part of life that one must learn to accept embrace it and remember girls and guys alike have to clean! :) unless of course your married and leave ur wife to do all that stuff i respond and say same on u!

i like to cook but cleaning is not my thing!

Maria

and thanks guys i hope we all one day have faith that can move mountains
  • Hey, families can have cleaning outings at the church instead of going to the mall. It's less expensive that way and more rewarding.
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=1;threadid=927;start=45#msg18202 date=1105837641]
    yup, u have no idea,sometimes , i just want to jump over all the chairs and start saying the hymns on the altar, be able to serve in the hekal (especially during th aieed), and be able to say a psalm during Holy Week, its not fair,

LOL good stuff dats xactly how i feel nd sumtymes they r doin it rong nd singin in rong tunes just wanna go there nd fix it up :) ;) :D ;D

GB U ALL PPLZ
    MAY GOD CHOOSE THE RIGHT DECISIONS FOR USE AND MAY U ABIDE IN CHRIST AND HE IN U FOREVER :) ;) :D ;D :-*
    FROG

+for all the heartaces and all the tears for gloomy days and frtiful years i do giv thanx for now i no that these were the things that helped me grow+
  • I wish to be a priest's wife (but I couldn't find that option on your list, that's fine) well anyways..I am engaged to a priest's grandson...I hope he becomes a priest one day after we get married.
    GOD bless you all.