Virgins in Heaven

edited December 2016 in Faith Issues
Hello,

In Islam, if you were not aware, they have virgins in their heaven. Do Coptic Christians also have virgins in their heaven?

Thanks,
Z

Comments

• For what purpose?
  • Do we have virgins in heaven? and if so - what is their purpose?
  • Hello @Zoxsasi,

I have a couple of questions to answer yours:
    - What is the purpose does Islam give for having virgins in heaven?
    - What for or whom to these virgins are to be in heaven?

AND: Does the Bible mention anything about having virgins in heaven?

• edited December 2016
    Yes, there are virgins in heaven and hell. They're called angels and demons :P

And we too, when baptized are likened as virgins. We just have to choose to either be like the 5 wise virgins or the 5 foolish virgins

• -- Firstly, in Islam, the virgins that exist make no sense. How can sexuality exist in heaven?? How can sex exist if sexuality doesn't exist? So that makes no sense.

-- @Minasoliman: the 5 wise and 5 foolish virgins are just part of a parable,

Does the Bible mention anything about virgins in heaven?? That is the question?!!
  • edited December 2016
    @Zoxsasi....you didn't answer the question. I didn't ask you what you think about having virgins in heaven....I asked why does Islam (not you) say there are virgins in heaven?--despite how it may make sense to you, me or anyone else. 

and Lol, you asked the same question i asked you. so do a simple search on a bible site and you tell us when does it say in the bible that there are virgins in heaven. 
  • Yes the Bible says there are men in heaven who have not defiled themselves with women. Virgins.
  • edited December 2016
    This kind of post may please the demons or trolls because they love to try to attack God's people so as to steal God's or our reward because they love to attack God kingdom. In heaven the reapers and sowers rejoice together. That is those who serve and those served. There is no envy in heaven.

God loves us all the same but that does not mean He is not more pleased with certain people's life. There are many crowns in heaven virginity is one of them. God is pleased with virginity because it is one proof of some one love for Him in an area and because of not causing offense to others and causing them to be lost. However though one could have offended some one could win many by repentance and proof of God in their life but it is better to be good all the time. God knows how many chances we got and we have to obey Him in other areas not just sexual purity. St Paul says let not fornication be named among you as is fitting for saints.

Revelations 14:4
    These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed[a] from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb. 

1 Peter 2:11-12 (NKJV)
    11 Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, 12 having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation

This verse may show others can be lost by our behaviour or it means when christians are judged in the day of visitation non christians will determine our reward in heaven though they are not saved but God will use them as a witness. Or that though they won't convert they think highly of christians and defend them because some think we can not cause others to lose salvation because they are likely to have seen a christian witness and if they have not they would not be judged. But I would say then that they would lose the reward of knowing and choosing christ on this earth and we do not know their fate because that would mean it is better to keep all people ignorant because they get a free pass to heaven. The bible says God draws all people to Him. So no person is invicibly ignorant. But they could still be offended by our sins so I still hold we might be able to make others lost but that would have to be a mean person who can not forgive someone past not waiting to see one has truly found the truth and God being with them. Especially since he sinned also he doesn't seem to have an excuse.  Anyway even if we can't cause others to be lost still there is rewards in heaven for our love to Him. I have hoped that I could cause no one to be lost if I repent

• Hello. That's interesting. I'm grappling with the idea that there is sexuality in heaven.

When souls go to heaven, does a soul have a sexuality? Do we remain male or female when we die?
  • Zoxsasi,

The last post you made is interesting. Certainly the idea of sexuality as portrayed in the other religion does not exist in Christianity, but whether we will continue as male and female in eternity we do not know. I recommend this talk by Fr. John Behr:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KXNH4NsL858
  • Also if I may add, let us remember that carnal thoughts and actions in the Kingdom of Heaven is shunned by Christ Himself. So an idea of heaven that includes sexual and carnal gratification is against the teachings of Christ.
  • does sexuality exist?

sex exists (and was created by God as something good), but i am not sure there is something called 'sexuality'.
    there is something called 'i like to feel sexy because i am the most beautiful person around', but this can be treated with prayer and fasting.

so, no, there is no sexuality in heaven, and it should not be such a big deal on earth either.
  • Yes, Genders remain in heaven. Consider the blessed Virgin and Christ himself.
  • I don't mean to disrespect any of you and I'm sure your responses have been well thought out but I do believe the answer to this question can be found in Matthew 22. It is written: 
    29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

30 For in the resurrection, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

• edited December 2016
    I did not mean to push away some people. We have all probably stumbled people unless we are as St Mary. But perhaps if we repent we may cause no one to be lost or they will not be lost because of ignorance because they would have seen a Christian witness or God would reveal himself to them. I also maybe explained my other interpretation of 1 peter 2 bad but I don't have the strength to correct it now
    But there is still rewards for our love to Him
    making us further able to rejoice in Him because we are more like Him
  • Don't the virgins have a special place in heaven for resisting sexual temptation for their entire lives? Do they get a crown? 
  • yes, they do.
    happy feast of saint john, the evangelist and virgin
    :)
  • edited March 2017
    We all have to be holy to enter heaven
  • edited March 2017
    It is very important to be watchful. What God endures for one person He will not endure for another. Because one sin for some is like plenty of sins for others or that person has many other sins he does not think about or know about or he has been slothful very long in his spiritual life in general . We don't know where we fall or how evil we are. Be reconciled to God always while you can and be zealous for the fear of the Lord all the day
    But God can be patient to certain people who sin more than us for His own good reasons or knowledge but some are more qualified to talk about that and we should not depend on it.
  • edited March 2017
    Repost
  • yes. instead of the sexual virgins depicted in islamic scriptures its rather people who have lived their lives on Earth in chastity By praising God Like The Angels.