Question concerning marriage

If my parents got separated, then a few years later one parent passed away. A few years later, I'm about to get married. Does my future spouse need to know that my parents were separated? Or is this something that can just stay in the past.

Comments

• I do not believe you are obliged to tell your spouse anything. But, in my opinion, full disclosure and trust is an important foundation of marriage. I do not see why this should complicated anything in your marriage - but personally, I really wouldn't know. I personally believe, being open and honest, though it may difficult at times, will have you reap great blessings and rewards.
  • Colossian 3:9-10 9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,
    10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him.

This was a question about whether or not it is being acceptable to God to be circumcised or uncircumcised. Those who thought being uncircumcised would not be accepted unless they were circumcised. Saint Paul was emphasizing the message that God is calling all mankind in a unity of love through Christ and that to not hold the past against this love and to be honest with the past as a means of going forward together. Not to change things for our own feelings of security but accept what happened in the past and move on in a new relationship.

How would your new wife feel if you held part of your life from her mcc123 and found out the truth eventually? She may feel you didn't trust her. Being honest is a step towards being truthful and fear is something you need to overcome in order from your relationship to work properly.

God bless your marriage mcc123.

• You don't have to tell. Unless you know your fiancée may find out by someone you know in common or something like that, so it is better that the person knows from YOU first, otherwise you don't have to tell.