Gregorian Liturgy + Hymns Conventions

So its been a quite couple days on tasbeha hasn't it!!

I would like to know if anyone had a recording of the Gregorian Liturgy by Fr. Metias Nasr in Coptic (or by anyone else in Coptic other than HICS)?
It is also strange that in the HICS recording the end of the parts that are in the known gregorian tune (during the story of our Salvation) in Coptic are chanted in the litany of Oblations Lord Have Mercy. Does anyone know a reason for this??

+

Does anyone know where I can get the recordings from the Hymns/Rite conventions held in America, Canada or in Egypt? I would like another destination other than copticheritage.org - it is a great site!! God Bless the HCOC!!

Thank You
God Bless

Comments

• There are 2 main recordings on Youtube. Both are from a group of priests who learned the Coptic Gregorian liturgy (I assume) from Muallem Zaher)

In the first video, all the priests sing as a chorus: with Muallem Zaher.

The second is broken into 5 parts (and it is not complete). It includes most of the same priests and Muallem Ibrahim Ayad.
    Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Regarding the ending parts of the known Gregorian tune, I think it is a later development. That known Gregorian tune was meant for only the three large parts after Agios (Holy, Holy in indeed and holy in everything, You O My master, You came to us on the earth). The same ending is found in the ending parts (Remember O Lord the others and O Our Master and Savior). But the other parts of the Gregorian liturgy (and some parts of the Basilian liturgy) respond with the tune you called "Litany of the Oblations". This includes Gregorian Reconciliation prayer and parts of the Gregorian anaphora (Meet and Right and You the Being God of Truth and According to Your mercy, O Lord).

I hope this helped.
  • Hey Remnkemi,

Thanks a lot it really helped. God Bless you
    Just to clarify, the way the HICS recorded it is the original tune and then the known tune was added in later, so is it still valid to chant it in the way the HICS recorded it? Also where in the Liturgy of St. Basil is the tune for the "Litany of Oblations"? Just out of curiosity because I have never heard it before in the Bassillian Liturgy!
    Btw the recordings are amazing!!!

God Bless

P.S If anyone knows where to find the Hymns conventions sermons it would be greatly appreciated if you could post links.

God Bless
  • [quote author=Faithfull Servant 1 link=topic=14550.msg165475#msg165475 date=1374747538]

Does anyone know where I can get the recordings from the Hymns/Rite conventions held in America, Canada or in Egypt? I would like another destination other than copticheritage.org - it is a great site!! God Bless the HCOC!!

So does anyone know?

God Bless
  • Fr. Shenouda Maher learned the gregorian from M. FahimGirgis. And he learned the basil from M. Mikhail himself in the last two years of his life.  I have most of the recordings from the past three years conventions here in the US. With Muallem Ibrahim. PM me and ill dropbox them to you