wierd question!!!!!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hellllllllllllllllllllooooooooo to allllllllllllllllllllllll.. how r ya?
i'm woderfull everytym i come here thnx to my friend G.J.I w/t him i wudn't be here.. :-*..... anywayz thats not my point i just wanted to give special thanks.. but ya the real deal here is why isn't there a church named after Jesus or god?? i mean all the churches i kno r either saints or saint Mary.. so can sumone explain plz plz plz plz i ment everyone!! lol.. c yalll i'll be waiting at the door.. mwaaahhh ( :-*) to alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll love ya!!

Rina ;)

Comments

• well, all the Churches are all Jesus'... it is just a patron saint... but the real owner is Jesus... it is always the Alter of God, and No one else...
  • there are some ill get a few examples

ya uhh our old church was called yasoou al malek and we changed it to St. Bishoy

• but then why was it changed....can u change a church's name???? i noe other religions name theire church's after Jesus...
  • other churches do name 'em after Jesus except 4 us.. i've never ever heard of a church called Jesus or anything like that.. ???
  • The board of Deacons usually chooses intercessors over a church, this can be chosen by many ways. St. George &St. Shenouda church in Jersey City, the intercessors were picked out by putting names of saints and picking up two. We don't name churches after Jesus because it's house the house of God all churches are churches of Christ so we choose interssors over that church. This just something i heard before i think their are deeper details into why saints are chosen as intercessors of a church.

* other churches do alot of other things to, just because we see protestents naming their churches The assembly of God, Gods Baptist Church doesn't make right. 98% of protestents don't believe in the veneration of Saints so you will probably never ever find a church named after Saint Mary or any others. I think that all Catholic Churches have intercessors like us. By the Way Protestents do what ever they want they have dogma's or rites
    So they can pretty much name their church anything they want.

-mina
  • actually i dont know if you can changed it arubais but. i heard abouna say " do you remember when our church was called yasou al malek?" to someone so i thought that was it

[shadow=green,left][glow=green,2,300]- Roaming[/glow][/shadow]
  • thanks i get u
  • hey thnx guys.. thnx bayonnecopt..
    hopefully we'll get further details from other ppl.. that wud be awesome.. so plz guys keep on posting ur thoughts.. :-*
    thnx again

Rina ;)
  • By the Way Protestents do what ever they want they have dogma's or rites
    So they can pretty much name their church anything they want.

Anything?

Church of the full moon,Rainy day church,I love pizza church,etc...lol... ;D...Im just kidding! Even protestants have more respect for God than that...lol

• Anything?

Church of the full moon,Rainy day church,I love pizza church,

LLOOOOOLLXX! :-[ sorry i found that so funny, lolx wow, i so needed that, thanks jfrankiln ;)

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • i love pizza church? that makes no sense! but its FUNNNY! ;D ;D ;D

u noe we're making fun of der church?

• ok i get it now thnx everyone.. jfranklin.. ur a funny one.. love u alll :-*