Becoming Coptic Orthodox Christian

I am currently an admin of a coptic orthodox group page on facebook. I just received a message from a young man from Ghana stating:

"how can i become a coptic, im a Ghanaian living in Ghana . is there any coptic orthodox group in Ghana i want to know"

I have no idea how to reply to such a question. Can anyone guide me to a response?

Thank you.

Comments

• I told him "I do not understand your question. Coptic means Egyptian. Do you mean that you want to become Orthodox Christian, and that you plan to join the Coptic Orthodox Church?"

He replied, "Yes exactly"

So, are there even any Coptic Orthodox Churches in Ghana. If there aren't what should he do?
  • Get this gent in touch with Father John Ramzy of St. Mark's Toronto.

Father John served in West African countries and frequently visits the region there with a group of priests and servants under the supervision of Bishop Antonius Morcos. They will have him connected to a catechumen group and nourish him spiritually until he is ready for Baptism, if he chooses to.

• You can also direct him to CopticWorld.com where he can contact many priests/bishops, and see where churches are around the world.

I also know a priest who served in Kenya before coming to the states. His name is Fr. Moussa Shafik

http://stabraam.org/our-church/our-clergy/137-father-moussa-shafik.html
  • [quote author=Stavro link=topic=13795.msg160719#msg160719 date=1351367107]
    Get this gent in touch with Father John Ramzy of St. Mark's Toronto.

Father John served in West African countries and frequently visits the region there with a group of priests and servants under the supervision of Bishop Antonius Morcos. They will have him connected to a catechumen group and nourish him spiritually until he is ready for Baptism, if he chooses to.

I don't know how to get in touch with Father John Ramzy. St. Mark's Toronto Church's website does not even declare him as one of their priests. I cannot find his phone number anywhere.

[quote author=morcousw link=topic=13795.msg160720#msg160720 date=1351368491]
    You can also direct him to CopticWorld.com where he can contact many priests/bishops, and see where churches are around the world.

I also know a priest who served in Kenya before coming to the states. His name is Fr. Moussa Shafik

http://stabraam.org/our-church/our-clergy/137-father-moussa-shafik.html

I sent him Fr. Moussa's contact info and told him to join copticworld.org and gave him the code.

Thank you.