way of deletion part 3

edited October 2012 in Faith Issues
1 2 3 complete

Comments

• Sin makes us think about ourselves; pride, jealousy, soforth..These deliver us to satan as these are his works. Our chosing to have less of those works by knowing God will be rewarded by having all the sins removed once in Heaven and been in the true family of God.
  • By saying "Jesus alone" are you talking about the sola fide heresy?
  • but pope shenouda talks about the temptation at the last hour we are not to trust our works to enter the kingdom
  • mikeforJesus,

Can you write your question in one sentence or two? with points or bullets. I really did not get the real question.

• I just thought we should get a greater understanding of why people believe we need to trust in Jesus alone for salvation without any works

it is not a foreign doctrine in the orthodox church as I mentioned pope shenouda III mentions temptation at the last hour

I think Unity is important if we can all agree together as that is the witness just as Jesus said we need to be one as He is one with the Father that the world may believe that Jesus is the Messiah
    The orthodox church agrees with unity but it must be based on the truth

I want to ask those in the coptic orthodox church who are familiar with this doctrine and what place it has in that church?

In Holy Week we worship Jesus for dying for us  and we say in the agpeya that He shows mercy to all sinners among whom I am the first and we ask Him to have mercy on us based on our faith and trust in Him

• When the Jews asked Jesus what work should we do He said this is the work that you believe on Him whom He sent.

Because Christ as the only begotten Son is the only one with the power to set free from sin and to take make us without spot in His presence
  • no worries I think I will figure it out myself