bye

edited December 1969 in Introductions
I have come to believe that the net benefit of sites such as this are negative, and have considered withdrawing. Now that Fr. Peter has announced he is leaving, I am more certain. Thank you to those who have provided some enjoyable conversation. I will now make it so that I cannot log in here again.

Comments

• Will you still be posting on OC.net?
  • I also wish others on this site a fond farewell.  I'm afraid that with Fr. Peter's departure, the voice of reason and patristics will be drowned out by the noise of a few posters who now, more than ever, repeatedly try to pass off the words of certain false teachers as the teachings of the Church.

May God have mercy on us, His people, and teach us to seek his Holy Name.

Pray for me.
  • [quote author=gr link=topic=13638.msg159081#msg159081 date=1345263456]
    I also wish others on this site a fond farewell.  I'm afraid that with Fr. Peter's departure, the voice of reason and patristics will be drowned out by the noise of a few posters who now, more than ever, repeatedly try to pass off the words of certain false teachers as the teachings of the Church.

Pray for me.
    I think that once the semester starts, I too will not be participating on this site very often.
  • [quote author=gr link=topic=13638.msg159081#msg159081 date=1345263456]
    I also wish others on this site a fond farewell.  I'm afraid that with Fr. Peter's departure, the voice of reason and patristics will be drowned out by the noise of a few posters who now, more than ever, repeatedly try to pass off the words of certain false teachers as the teachings of the Church.

Pray for me.

Dear gr,

Will you please identify those false teachers, not the posters?
  • [quote author=jonathan_ link=topic=13638.msg159077#msg159077 date=1345247295]
    I have come to believe that the net benefit of sites such as this are negative, and have considered withdrawing. Now that Fr. Peter has announced he is leaving, I am more certain. Thank you to those who have provided some enjoyable conversation. I will now make it so that I cannot log in here again.

+1
  • To all those who have decided to cease participation in this site:

With Fr. Peter leaving, the need for educated and balanced posters is evermore important.

I hope you can all reconsider, and take it as a duty to guard the simpler minds (such as myself) from being swayed in the wrong direction.

Regardless, I have benefited greatly from all of you, especially Fr. Peter.

Thank you.
  • i will be sorry to see jonathan and gr leave.
    i hope u can come back later when things have calmed down.

may God give us peace and may we use the remaining days of the fast wisely.
  • Who will be moderating this forum, then?
  • the other moderators.