Looking for rare hymn recordings!!

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Does anyone have a recording for the hymns fa nitenh, and the Festal fai etafenf?

Comments

• ive never heard of fa nitenh. is there even such a thing as Festive Fai etafenf??
  • Lol......i been loling all day today about posts here.

there is no"festive fa nitenh"....there is only one fa nitenh, the hymn of Archangel Michael. there are two ways of saying it, last i checked but neither is called festive. saints hymns, whenever we do have a tune for them (because almost all have been lost yet the text is present), they are unique and never change.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=13511.msg157579#msg157579 date=1342055691]
    Lol......i been loling all day today about posts here.

there is no"festive fa nitenh"....there is only one fa nitenh, the hymn of Archangel Michael. there are two ways of saying it, last i checked but neither is called festive. saints hymns, whenever we do have a tune for them (because almost all have been lost yet the text is present), they are unique and never change.

He never said festive fa nitenh. He said fa nitenh and and festive fai etafenf. So you answered the first question and about the festive fai etafenf, there is no such thing, right?
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=13511.msg157579#msg157579 date=1342055691]
    Lol......i been loling all day today about posts here.

I never said "Festal fa nitenh" I just want a recording of fa nitenh. And my hymn teacher told me there was a Festal fai etafenf
  • http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://bit.ly/MJlTJU&h=dAQHeYTQwAQHu0jsfQCAqEjmFyf7GhMpCpCAdbjHnvFW_9A

your teacher tells you a lot of things. before repeating those to anyone, i suggest you do your research first.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=13511.msg157582#msg157582 date=1342058704]
    http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://bit.ly/MJlTJU&h=dAQHeYTQwAQHu0jsfQCAqEjmFyf7GhMpCpCAdbjHnvFW_9A

your teacher tells you a lot of things. before repeating those to anyone, i suggest you do your research first.

he will record it for me on saturday, and i will send you it. I hope you did your research
  • I'll be waiting for the recording.....EAGERLY!!! I don't mind being proven wrong.
  • There is a recording of FA NITENH. Go on the website of HCOC and then go on live recordings and it will be there. They also recorded it their glorification CD professionally. I hope this helps :) I personally never hear of a festive fai etaf emf but maybe their is one. The only thing I know about it is afsholem can be chanted in the same big tune as fai etafenf and that was recorded in the pasha CD by HCOC
  • Wow I forgot about this.....tony bishay, did you get the recording habibi?
    And Andrew, you are right. Cantor Tawfik records afsholem long
  • [quote author=Tony Bishay link=topic=13511.msg157576#msg157576 date=1342050724]
    Does anyone have a recording for the hymns fa nitenh, and the Festal fai etafenf?

Tony, I think your teacher meant that the other tune of Fai Etafenf is chanted in the praxis response tune. Cantor Ibrahim Ayad recorded it in his recording of the Rites and Hymns of the Feast of the Cross; it is available on his site: ibrahim-ayad.com.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=13511.msg157873#msg157873 date=1342722254]
    [quote author=Tony Bishay link=topic=13511.msg157576#msg157576 date=1342050724]

Tony, I think your teacher meant that the other tune of Fai Etafenf is chanted in the praxis response tune. Cantor Ibrahim Ayad recorded it in his recording of the Rites and Hymns of the Feast of the Cross; it is available on his site: ibrahim-ayad.com.

We are talking about fa ni-tenh enhap, archangel Michael hymn and not fai etafenf
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=13511.msg157874#msg157874 date=1342724451]
    [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=13511.msg157873#msg157873 date=1342722254]
    [quote author=Tony Bishay link=topic=13511.msg157576#msg157576 date=1342050724]

We are talking about fa ni-tenh enhap, archangel Michael hymn and not fai etafenf

Hey I got the recording. Sorry it was late. Message me your email and I'll send it. And I was talking about the Festal fai etafenf in the praxis response tune