Faith

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I have found that some people in the Church always seem to have a negative reaction to any suggestions that are made. I don't expect everyone to agree with everything that goes on but it can't be bad all the time.
Is this do to a lake of faith or are they just miserable and if it is lake of faith how do you deal with people like this?

Comments

• [quote author=Agape47 link=topic=13402.msg156737#msg156737 date=1339727771]
    I have found that some people in the Church always seem to have a negative reaction to any suggestions that are made. I don't expect everyone to agree with everything that goes on but it can't be bad all the time.
    Is this do to a lake of faith or are they just miserable and if it is lake of faith how do you deal with people like this?

Even though I am about to say a joke, I take it seriously because it's so true:

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism".
  • [quote author=Agape47 link=topic=13402.msg156737#msg156737 date=1339727771]

LOL good to know its not only at my church. But your right. And in fact, I think this comes from pride, possibly one may believe that any suggestions others make are not possibly ever to be valued as great as his, even if the entire world knows the other guy's is better. Therefore, every suggestion that comes along, he harshly declines, and continuously attempts to find flaws...
  • If you are correct, you are correct. It is simple.

If you want to convince someone he is incorrect, use reasoning, not emotion to play ad hominem.

Therefore, every suggestion that comes along, he harshly declines, and continuously attempts to find flaws...

Hi, my name is "the definition of an argument." If your suggestion is wrong, it is deserves to be declined. Things are typically wrong because they have flaws in the argument, so If this person wants to convince you that you are wrong, the proper way to do it is to find flaws in the argument.

The hypothetical person you describe above, is a top notch debater.

ReturnOrthodoxy
  • Thanks for your input.
    Maybe I am being a bit naive but not everything in life is about  being negative and argumentative. Some things are as simple as 'yes or no', not everything in life is a debate. Simply put do you want the hot dog or don't you?
  • maybe u r experiencing culture clash.
    some cultures like to debate more than others.

if u see 2 men in the street in cairo, screaming and shouting and waving their arms a lot, stopping the traffic, don't worry, they are just sharing a joke...
    ;)
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=13402.msg156795#msg156795 date=1339840303]
    if u see 2 men in the street in cairo, screaming and shouting and waving their arms a lot, stopping the traffic, don't worry, they are just sharing a joke...
    ;)

HAHAHAHA SO TRUE!!!!!!
  • Alfazali,

People like you are whats wrong with the world. On my list of who ruined the world more, you surpass hitler and muhammad.

R.O.
  • [quote author=ReturnOrthodoxy link=topic=13402.msg156861#msg156861 date=1339947217]
    Alfazali,

People like you are whats wrong with the world. On my list of who ruined the world more, you surpass hitler and muhammad.

R.O.

Hahahaha, agree!

• All change is stressful, so it might not be that they are negative, but what you are asking of them might be a change that is too much for them.