Tomorrow Liturgy

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Tomorrow is the Feast of The Entrance Into Egypt, but it also is during the period of the Ascension. Does anyone have an idea of the rite for the liturgy?

+Kyrillos+

Comments

• The hymns for the feast of the Lord's Entry into Egypt (LEIE) are chanted in addition to those of the Resurrection/Ascension period.

The Verses of Cymbals are those of Resurrection followed by those of Ascension followed by those of the LEIE followed by St. Mary, then Archangel Michael for the Resurrection, then the rest (Lord's feast conclusion)

The Doxologies are those of Resurrection, Ascension, LEIE, St. Mary, Archangel Michael for Resurrection, the rest

The Gospel Response is Alleluia for Ascension followed by Alleluia for LEIE, same with psalm response. I believe Ti Galilea may also be chanted.

The Concluding Canon verse is "Aftonf evol khen ni ethmo oot owoh afsehenaf eepshoi enifiowi epshiri emefnoti afi ekhon e epkahi enKeemi

Afrek Etve, Khristos Anesty, Khristos Analympsis and Pachois are chanted followed by Agios (for ascension)

Gospel Response for Ascsension is chanted followed by that of the feast (I believe Ti Galilea may be chanted).

During Distribution, a melody for the feast of LEIE is preffered to be chanted after Psalm 150.

Sources:
    Deacon Service Book (SUS Version)
    Conversation with HGBY about it today (Because TiGalilea isn't mentioned in that book, but I confirmed with him)
    Deacon Service Book (Chicago IL Version)
    Deacon Service Book (Albair Version)

:D
  • Ekhrestos anesty
    DEar morcousw,
    Afrak etfa? I'm not so sure.. it's supposed to be sung on the ascension and intervening Sunday before Pentecost.. not any other time
    Oujai
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=13357.msg156278#msg156278 date=1338534423]
    Ekhrestos anesty
    DEar morcousw,
    Afrak etfa? I'm not so sure.. it's supposed to be sung on the ascension and intervening Sunday before Pentecost.. not any other time
    Oujai

ophadece......Afrek etfe is for the entire period from Ascension to Pentecost.

Also, something to add, the sunday after the ascension is no different from the other days of that week which is similar with sundays of the Fifties in general simply because the entire fifty days is about the Resurrection, which is what ANY SUNDAY is about. So those who do anything special on that sunday (like some people who do a full procession), that is not really right.
  • EKhrestos anesty,
    I'll check that Mina.. while what you say makes sense but I believe it may not be strictly correct.. remember that we don't do resurrection re-enactment every day of the 50.. exposition and shiouwini also..
    Oujai
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=13357.msg156286#msg156286 date=1338573697]
    EKhrestos anesty,
    I'll check that Mina.. while what you say makes sense but I believe it may not be strictly correct.. remember that we don't do resurrection re-enactment every day of the 50.. exposition and shiouwini also..
    Oujai

I can understand unique hymns for specific occasion....but this is not what we are talking about. you are making the sunday after the Ascension special from the other days. that is not right because that sunday is not a special occasion.
  • <c anecty
    Mina.. I am not making anything special. I will check and get back to you...
    Oujai qen `P[C
  • The authentic rite is to do the resurrection the entire 50 days.
  • [quote author=imikhail link=topic=13357.msg156303#msg156303 date=1338670411]
    The authentic rite is to do the resurrection the entire 50 days.

we actually do that. books always have to say ekhrestos anisti and then ekhrestos anelipsis.
  • Ekhrestos anesty,
    I checked kholagy of nahdet el kanayes and it says only the day of ascension and the ensuing Sunday..
    Dear imikhail,
    Are you referring to resurrection re-enactment and exposition, or what? What about special hymns then? I also believe the different procession styles are an innovation.. correct me if I'm wrong though..
    Oujai
  • How can we do the Resurrection Re enactment all 50 days without the roses/tomb.... the reenactment is for the feast only
  • I am referring to the procession which should be done the entire 50 days.

Some books say that the procession to be done up until the Ascension feast and the on Sunday after that. This is incorrect and an innovation.
  • Ekhrestos anesty
    Thanks for the clarification imikhail
    Oujai
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=13357.msg156311#msg156311 date=1338691521]
    Ekhrestos anesty,
    I checked kholagy of nahdet el kanayes and it says only the day of ascension and the ensuing Sunday..
    Dear imikhail,
    Are you referring to resurrection re-enactment and exposition, or what? What about special hymns then? I also believe the different procession styles are an innovation.. correct me if I'm wrong though..
    Oujai

sorry. it took me a while to remember to get a refernce. I didn't look at the book you are talking about BUT in the rites books of anba Mettaos page 171 he says:
    The rite of Liturgy is fully similar to the liturgy of the Ascension with the observation that the procession is only done on the sunday between the Ascension and Pentecost and it is in the Sanctuary only and in other days Agios is said directly after Afrek etfe.

So according to his grace, afrek etfe is ALWAYS said despite you do a procession or not. now the procession rite was changed by the Synod to be after the Ascension, everyday til Pentecost, it is done only in the Sanctuary, 3 times and with Apikhrestos analipsis. So to me, Afrek etfe is like Ya kol al-sofof. IN FACT, that is what we say in the procession out of church in weddings that are done between the ascension and pentecost.
  • DEar Mina,
    I have no idea about Anba Mattaos book, so I can't comment.. I think imikhail showed me the rites I always wondered about..
    Oujai