Tears, my only source of comfort

edited April 2012 in Prayer Requests
I need your prayers everyone please. I am no longer capable of anything but my tears(even sleep!).

God is ignoring me..  :'(

Comments

• May God be with you... Don't think God did not hear you when you cry to Him for help.. He will not look at your tears and be silent but He will forgive and Heal.

2 Kings 20:5
    ‘Thus says the LORD, the God of David your father: “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you.

David also felt alone and was in tears but God did not forget Him,

Psalm 6:6
    I am weary with my groaning;All night I make my bed swim; I drench my couch with my tears.

Psalm 6:8
    Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity;For the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping.

Psalm 39:12
    “Hear my prayer, O LORD,And give ear to my cry; Do not be silent at my tears; For I am a stranger with You, A sojourner, as all my fathers were.

John 16:20
    Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy.

May God comfort and watch over you!

• Thanks Pharaoh714.
    Surely David has felt like this at one point but the difference is that he has faith, I am losing/lost that right now.. I have been like this for a while, not just a couple days type thing.

Bible verses very much appreciated, may God reward you.

Pray for me.
  • People asked the following questions  to His Grace Bishop Youssef:

1. "I have been praying earnestly to God to interfere in a problem. It has been close to 2 years and the problem is getting more complicated. I pray to God to open my heart, eyes and all my senses to see him in my life; but nothing has changed. Actually I feel I am more doubtful than before; and the tiny bit of faith I had is dissipating. I really need advice."

The devil is an instigator and a problem-maker. Most sins are small victories to the evil one; and he roars triumphantly when he succeeds in breaking one's spirit to hopelessness. For once this is achieved; a multitude of sins will flood in. Therefore, submit the problem, wholeheartedly, to God; and then you will be able to submit to His solutions. Continue in prayer, seeking, knocking, and asking; for God answers all prayers. However, His answer can be "yes" or "no". Try to make small but positive and meaningful changes in your life. Let go of the trivial aggravations and trust in God, and in His love for you. Remind yourself of what you have regardless of this complicated part of your life; and of the many prayers that have already been answered in your life and others. Throughout the Holy Bible,
        our fathers Moses, Joshua, David, the prophets, and even St. Stephen (Acts) reminded themselves and others of God's promises, mercies, and saving hand; especially during the hardest of times. The tears of pain will one day become tears of gratitude, even harder to restrain.

"The Lord your God, who goes before you, He will fight for you, according to all He did for you in Egypt before your eyes, and in the wilderness where you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way that you went until you came to this place" (Deuteronomy 1:30-31)."

2. Will God ignore our prayers when we doubt?

"God does not ignore any prayers. He knows our needs even when we do not pray. However, He expects us to pray persistently and with faith to show Him our love for Him and our dependence on Him. The more we pray in faith the faster He will answer our prayers."

3. [i]How does one prevail with God in prayer?

There are many guidelines for prayer. St. John of Damascus states, "prayer is raising up the heart and mind to God."

The Holy Gospel of St. Matthew 6:5-15 specifically tells us how to pray. As you  read this please keep in mind the message given. God wants us not to miss the "spirit" of praying. It is an intimate personal relationship with God and leads to the vision of His Glory. To be made intimate with Him we should be humble, always reminded of our sins, and sincere, always letting prayer come from the heart. We are to pray without ceasing.

When a person prays he or she should have total faith that God is present. One must trust that God hears the prayers and receives them with pleasure. God's love endures and His promise is true. Once God sets His love on a person, He will never turn His back from a request for help. Sometimes, God may let a person sense His love with chastening or with feelings of abandonment  until that person's salvation is complete.

(http://www.suscopts.org/q&a/index.php?catid=292)

Hope this helped.

GBU!
  • You are in my prayers.
  • Stav,

I knw the feeling. It is very painful. Do you mind specifying what kind of sadness you are feeling, maybe without going into too much detail? For example, is it spiritual separation from God, is it family problems, is it school/work related stress? We will certainly pray for you, but this might help so that we may, in our weakness, be able to direct you to a good helpful source.

First and foremost, speak with your FOC. You are in my worthless prayers.

ReturnOrthodoxy
  • edited September 2014
    [quote author=ReturnOrthodoxy link=topic=13183.msg154645#msg154645 date=1334631081]

ReturnOrthodoxy

Prayers aren't worthless if God is listening. And since God is always listening, no prayers are ever worthless.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=13183.msg154646#msg154646 date=1334631437]
    [quote author=ReturnOrthodoxy link=topic=13183.msg154645#msg154645 date=1334631081]

ReturnOrthodoxy

Prayers aren't worthless if God is listening. And since God is always listening, no ones prayers are ever worthless.

This forum is has too many depressed members. We need to start posting lessons on how to smile.

This forum also has a lot of people misunderstanding the intentions of others, and speaking of things and pains they don't know much of. you understand full well the meaning of "worthless prayers" and I suggest you don't speak of "depressed members" because it seems that you do not know the mind of someone who is actually going through depression. Grow up...

ReturnOrthodoxy

• May God strengthen you, Stavroforos.

I recently came across this meditation on Psalm 13, which begins, "How long wilt Thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? How long wilt Thou hide Thy face from me?"

http://www.copticmedia.net/module-library-viewpub-tid-1-pid-658.html

I hope it provides you with some comfort.

Please remember me in your prayers.

• Without a doubt, depression is one of those things you have to experience to really comprehend.

My favorite verse to look at during something like this is Psalm 30:5. It's so simple, yet I feel that it tells me enough.

Weeping may endure for a night,
    But joy comes in the morning.
  • “When we are in trouble or despair or have lost hope, we should do what David did: pour out our hearts to God and tell Him of our needs and troubles, just as they are. It is because He can deal with us wisely that we confess to God: He can make our troubles easy to bear. This is for our benefit, and can save us from dejection which destroys and corrupts.”-St. Hesychius the Priest
  • Remember sometimes we also lose our faith because of an unchanging heart... 

Matthew 22:37
    Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart..."

Luke 21:34
    “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.

God wants us to give Him our whole Heart, Completely - if we love anything more then God then we betray God and we then we are not worthy of Him. Of course this is not easy as Satan will exploit everyone weakness, passion, and hobby to distract us from God.

Everyday when you pray ask God to renew your heart..

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 50:10 (Septuagint)
    قَلْباً نَقِيّاً اخْلُقْ فِيَّ يَااللهُ وَرُوحاً مُسْتَقِيماً جَدِّدْ فِي دَاخِلِي.

Do you ask God everyday to renew your heart?
    Do you talk to God everyday and tell Him.. "My God I have lost my faith.. Are you there.. are you still in my heart... the one that forgot you and kicked you out because of my lust for sin? do you still love me God?....."

The goal of this life is to struggle vs Sin... we will fall alot, we will weep, we will cry , we will feel lonely, we will be stepped on and trampled by the world, we will be made fun of, mocked all for His sake... but remember this "be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

I really don't know what you are going through but all I can tell you is talk to God, talk to Him like your friend, alone in your room, with no light... do not leave Him till you get the blessing... until your soul is restored, till you weep and rejoice. Always when you pray take something, you are not doing God a service but praying but you are giving your own soul and body a blessing..

Do not leave God till you take from Him, Take His blessing, take His forgiveness, take His wisdom, take His peace, and Take His Joy... This is the successful prayer the prayer that takes from God is the growing and healthy Spirit, but the Spirit that thinks its my duty to pray by force or pray because God needs me to pray to Him is the sick spirit.

Remember also about the Changed Heart When Christ said

Matthew 21:42
    Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures: ‘ The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was the LORD’s doing, And it is marvelous in our eyes’?

"..And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.”

The Stone is Christ we need to fall one Christ and be broken (Ie change our Heart) when we find Christ He breaks us, he builds us from New... we cannot be with God with an evil heart... even if we are Christian.. God will not Accept us

And if we don't fall on the Stone (Be changed) The Stone will fall on us and grind us to powder... If we don't change our life through Christ He will (grind us to powder) will Judge us and find us unworthy?  Are you doing everything in your power to cling to Christ?

May God Bless you and restore you Faith.

Romans 8:13
    For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

• I also hope everything works out for you, and you are in our prayers.
  • God never leaves us.
    God never abandons us.
    God never ignores us.

We leave God.
    We abandon God.
    We ignore God.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=13183.msg154755#msg154755 date=1334767833]
    God never leaves us.
    God never abandons us.
    God never ignores us.

We leave God.
    We abandon God.
    We ignore God.

So true man, so true.

I want to add something that may or may not help you (it depends), hopefully it will.

http://www.intimacywithgod.com/heargod.pdf
  • Thank you Marmar for Anba Youseffs responses.

Thank you Copticproud for your prayers.

Thank you gr for the lovely link.

I love the verse George, but it has been a LONG time and the morning bearing joy has not come yet. I am losing more faith as more time goes by.. Thank you.

Beautiful quote copticyouth, I have yet to learn how to efficiently pour out my heart to God, or anyone for that matter..

Pharoah714, that may be what it is but I do not know how to see these problems through God unfortunately rather these problems have become a barrier between me and God.

I agree with you Ilovesaintmark, but these are my feelings. He has been completely silent for too long. I am seeking and not finding. I am asking and not receiving. I am broken.

Thank you for the nice link Peace.

[quote author=returnorthodoxy link=topic=13183.msg154645#msg154645 date=1334631081]
    Do you mind specifying what kind of sadness you are feeling, maybe without going into too much detail? For example, is it spiritual separation from God, is it family problems, is it school/work related stress?

ReturnOrthodoxy, Thank you for your prayers and advice. It consists of ALL of the above... In all areas, I am trying so hard, putting in a lot of time and a lot of effort and I am not seeing results for anything thus causing me to lose my faith. I think the only way I am going to recover from this one is if I see results, I feel like I work so hard aimlessly, making it even much harder to be motivated to continue to try and push through life..

ReturnOrthodoxy, I would like to beg of you please do not be upset with TITL. She has a very light-hearted personality and it was just a joke.  TITL, like me, you and all of us really has a lot on her plate.  I am not defending her, just clearing up the misunderstanding. Forgive me

I really appreciate all of your help. I love you all.

please keep me in your prayers.
  • Fear not, for I am with you." - Isaiah 43:5

Stavroforos, God heard you before you cried out to Him.

God's silence is Him working in a hidden way/s.

Wait patiently for God in faith. Know that God created infinite beings, creatures and powers from nothing.
    Sometimes we need to step back and see things spiritually...the way the Holy Spirit reveals them. This way all things that we are faced with, are viewed from God's unlimited perspective. We'll be able to think clearly and see problems and situations as they truly are (controlled by God), through the constant amazing Strength of the Holy Spirit of God Himself.
    Try contemplating deeply on God and things concerning God. The Spirit will lead you to, as our beloved His Holiness Pope Shenouda III described it in his book The Release of the Spirit, "You do not even know whether Heaven has come down to you on Earth or you went up to Heaven while still on Earth."
  • Thank you IloveJesus.

I agree in all that you have said, but unfortunately I  don't know how to live the knowledge of it. I have lost a lot of my faith and I don't know how to get it back. I don't know how to just leave things in the hands of the creator and simply trust Him. I have honestly come to a point were I am completely stuck..

Please keep me in your prayers, they are very much needed.
  • May the Lord have mercy on you.
  • edited January 2014
    +[quote author=✞Stavroforos✞ link=topic=13183.msg155218#msg155218 date=1336036741]
    I have lost a lot of my faith and I don't know how to get it back.

Ask God for faith in Him.

[quote author=✞Stavroforos✞ link=topic=13183.msg155218#msg155218 date=1336036741]
    I don't know how to just leave things in the hands of the creator and simply trust Him. I have honestly come to a point were I am completely stuck..

Stand before God and pretend to put the thing in your hands as if you are holding it, and ask God to take it.
    He takes it, He solves it in a way you never thought of, and you feel a quietness and peace within you from God. Try it.

[quote author=✞Stavroforos✞ link=topic=13183.msg155218#msg155218 date=1336036741]
    Please keep me in your prayers, they are very much needed.

God is with you :) and we will pray
  • I just got the book Saint Augustine Confessions by: St. Augustine today from the library. I read only the first page, and this is what is written in it:

" 'Grant me Lord to know and understand' (Ps. 118: 34, 73, 144) which comes first - to call upon you or to praise you, and whether knowing you precedes calling upon you. But who calls upon you when he does not know you? For an ignorant person might call upon someone else instead of the right one. But surely You may be called upon in prayer that You may be known. Yet how shall they call upon Him in whom they did not believe? And how shall they believe without a preacher?  They will praise the Lord who seek for him.

In seeking him, they find him, and in finding they will praise him. Lord, I would seek you, calling upon you- and calling upon you is an act of believing in you."

To me this is so confusing. Yet, when I read your post, I felt like there is some relation to what you are talking about.
  • Dont ever lose faith.

Let me ask you this, when there is turbulence on a plane, as a passenger , do you ever go over to the the pilot and say, "do you really know how to fly?" or, " do you know the directions?" No.

Our life is a long flight, God is the pilot, no matter how much turbulence, we have to trust that He will lead us to our destination (Heaven, God willing).

Or if you have ever taken the bus, does anybody ever go to the driver and say, "Do you have the directions?" No.

We have to trust Him like a blind man trusts his dog. We are all blind, Christ is our Light.

Im not sure what your struggle is, but that is just the cross the Christ has given you to bear. St. Paul wrote in one of his epistles saying that God will never allow a tribulation impossible to endure, therefore, whatever the struggle, through Gods grace, mercy, and your prayers and patience, you will be able to overcome it.

In Psalm 22 King David says,
    "1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
        Why are you so far from saving me,
        so far from my cries of anguish?
    2 My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
        by night, but I find no rest.
    3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
        you are the one Israel praises.
    4 In you our ancestors put their trust;
        they trusted and you delivered them.
    5 To you they cried out and were saved;
        in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

May God grant you comfort and hear your prayers, just remember, "Ask and you shall receive, seek and you will find, knock and the door shall be opened to you." Luke 11:9
  • Thank you IloveJesus. I will do my best.  The release of the Spirit is one of my favorite books, read through it several times. It is a treasure.

Thanks you Coptic Strength for sharing the beautiful excerpt from the book of St. Augustine.

Thank you for your lovely analogies ThyWillBeDone. (<---I pray that I can live to accept His will to be done in my life, regardless of what the result may be..) Thank you for sharing the Psalm as well, it is one I have not noticed before but it really says how I feel. My issue however is in that verse-- I seek and do not find, I ask and do not receive, that is the cause I have been losing my faith. I need to see a result, I am stubborn on seeing a result- at the same time I fear God grants to me what I want and it ends up being for my destruction not for my best interest due to my attitude with Him.

Thank you for all your help and prayers everyone. Please continue to pray for me so that I can accept Gods will in my life and that He gives me peace of heart about whatever He chooses for me regardless of my hearts desires.
  • Hi everyone,
    I would like to thank you all for your prayers. I really really appreciate it. God has finally showed me results. He also taught me a few lessons through out the process by forcing me to be patient

Thank you all for your prayers. Thank God! :)
  • thanks to God.
    may u have peace and comfort and may God give u strength to keep going on yr spiritual journey.
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=13183.msg156184#msg156184 date=1338326915]
    thanks to God.
    may u have peace and comfort and may God give u strength to keep going on yr spiritual journey.

Ditto  :)
  • [quote author=✞Stavroforos✞ link=topic=13183.msg154618#msg154618 date=1334577719]
    I need your prayers everyone please. I am no longer capable of anything but my tears(even sleep!).

God is ignoring me..  :'(

HE IS NOT IGNORING remember "The teacher is silent during the test"
    Try reading this book I haven't read it but i heard its good

http://www.cccnet.ca/menu/Books/HH_Tears.pdf