Presence of Bishop during Holy Thursday

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hey Everyone,

If there's a bishop during the Holy Thursday liturgy or lakkan, how do the hymns change, especially during this time when there's no sitting patriarch?

Thanks a bunch

Comments

• You mention Bishop in the usual inserts.
  • Who washes the Bishops feet? And in andeels and other anointing, how can a lower ranked person anoint/wash the higher?
  • The highest ranking clergyman is the one who washes the feet of the others. This is a symbol of how Jesus, being the highest rank, washed the feet of his disciples.
  • [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=13160.msg155027#msg155027 date=1335668720]
    Who washes the Bishops feet? And in andeels and other anointing, how can a lower ranked person anoint/wash the higher?

I think no one.
    Who washed Jesus' feet?
  • [quote author=qawe link=topic=13160.msg155032#msg155032 date=1335675133]
    [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=13160.msg155027#msg155027 date=1335668720]
    Who washes the Bishops feet? And in andeels and other anointing, how can a lower ranked person anoint/wash the higher?

I think no one.
    Who washed Jesus' feet?

Jesus is the Lord....He needs not His feet to be washed....He is sinless. a bishop resembles Christ yet He is still a human.

I belive the next high rank under the bishop washes his feet first. So a hegumen or a priest.
  • yes, in the church i was in for Holy Week (i just moved house), the hegumen (senior priest) washed the bishops feet, and then the bishop did the rest of us.
    it was really moving to see the hegumen and bishop washing each other's feet. u could see they loved and respected each other very much.
    :)