HELP!! Pope Shenouda

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hey everyone. I would really appriciate it if you guys could help me.

Im currently working on a project, an i need 50 of Pope Shenouda's quotes in english.

This would be greatly appriciated

Ekhristoc Anesti

Comments

• Here are a few to get you started...

Remember your weakness, then you will be more cautious and you will not submit to the thoughts of pride and false glory which may attack you.

Remember the loving kindness of the Lord bestowed on you and you will always lead a life of thanksgiving. Faith will grow in your heart as well as trust in God’s love and work. Your past experiences with God would encourage you in the life of faith.

Remember People’s love and their past good experiences with you. Should you doubt their sincerity or find out they have wronged you, Their old love will intercede and your anger will fade away.

Remember death, so all wordily temptations will disappear and you feel that, ” All is vanity and grasping for the wind.” (Eccl. 1:14.)

Remember that you are standing before God and He is looking at you, then you cannot sin because you see Him.

Remember God’s promises and you will be comforted in all your troubles. But if you forget them, say with David the Prophet, “Remember the word to Your servant, Upon which You have caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life.” (Ps 119:49-50)

Remember the Blood of Jesus which was shed for your sake and you will definitely know the value of your life; it becomes dear in your eyes, so you will not waste it with prodigal living, ” For you were bought at a price;”. 1 Cor 6:20

Remember the vows you made to God at the Baptistery with your parents undertook on your behalf to renounce the devil, all his evil deeds, all his thoughts and wiles, all his forces and power.

Remember always that you are a stranger on the earth and that you will return to your heavenly home. Then you will not put all your hopes in this world and its comforts.

Remember That the narrow gate leads to the kingdom of heaven. If you see the wide gate open before you, escape and keep away from it. As all those who went into it perished.

Remember your eternity and work for it at all times.

Remember that you are a child of God and ought to have His image. You walk as befits the Children of God, for they are apparent.

Remember that you are the temple of the Holy Spirit. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God in you and always be a holy temple.

HH Pope Shenouda III

Edit : Thanks Mabsoota for the correction.
  • While the theologians are searching these abstruse matters, many simple-souls will have slipped into the Kingdom of God

I am not with you right now, but you are in my heart always. (When he was sick in the U.S)

In heaven, God will not ask is why we sinned; He will ask us why we didn’t repent.

You know that in every hardship I say three statements: "God is present," "Everything works for the good," and "It is destined to end."

"God is present" means God sees, God hears, and God knows what is happening. God will handle it and act and will never leave matters the way they are…

God is present everywhere, with everyone, and in every occasion.
  • lovely thread!
    but i think this quote has a word missing, which i have added here:
    Remember your weakness, then you will be more cautious and you NOT will submit to the thoughts of pride and false glory which may attack you.

is that right?
  • Thank you guy so much!

Please keep posting if anyone has any whatsoever!
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=13222.msg154941#msg154941 date=1335300778]
    lovely thread!
    but i think this quote has a word missing, which i have added here:
    Remember your weakness, then you will be more cautious and you NOT will submit to the thoughts of pride and false glory which may attack you.

is that right?

You're right, i changed it :)
  • Rabena mawgood.  (God is present) (also meaning God is with us).  Depending on how you want to translate it.
  • A church without a youth is a church without a future. A youth without the church is a youth without a future.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=13222.msg154945#msg154945 date=1335307627]
    Rabena mawgood.  (God is present) (also meaning God is with us).  Depending on how you want to translate it.

I said it first. Do I get a gold star?
  • When I became a monk, I gave up many things in my life. But there was one thing I couldn't stop, and that was laughing. - HH Pope Shenouda III
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=13222.msg154953#msg154953 date=1335318853]
    Sorry

No need to apologize; I was kidding.
  • [quote author=childofaKing link=topic=13222.msg154952#msg154952 date=1335313152]
    When I became a monk, I gave up many things in my life. But there was one thing I couldn't stop, and that was laughing. - HH Pope Shenouda III

awesome!
    i also find my life very funny. especially when things seem to go wrong.
    not everyone in my life understands this though...
  • You only have one soul, if you preserve it you win everything, but if you lose it you lose everything