Please pray for me

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
I'm having a lot of college stress and issues. Please pray for my weakness and doubting in God.

Comments

• I pray Lord God that Peter will find more quietness in his life as there is too much happening and he is losing his focas by not being able to meditate on you dear Lord. He is busy with this world in it's lack of spiritual guidiance and is in doubt. Help him Lord.
  • I think this would be the place to talk about doubts.

• What doubts Peter?
  • The prayers of St. Mary and all the saints and the blessing of this blessed period of Joy be with you. Amen
  • [quote author=Joshuaa link=topic=13177.msg154604#msg154604 date=1334542871]

What doubts Peter?
    I just feel like Gods left me. Just stress upon stress. Prayer upon prayer and I don't see a response
  • [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=13177.msg154621#msg154621 date=1334595587]
    just feel like Gods left me. Just stress upon stress. Prayer upon prayer and I don't see a response

My feelings/thoughts EXACTLY. I wish I know why He is doing that..
  • [quote author=✞Stavroforos✞ link=topic=13177.msg154623#msg154623 date=1334597584]
    [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=13177.msg154621#msg154621 date=1334595587]
    just feel like Gods left me. Just stress upon stress. Prayer upon prayer and I don't see a response

My feelings/thoughts EXACTLY. I wish I know why He is doing that..

Maybe to test your faith? Anyway, for any reason whatsoever, for everything there is a reason. You will not understand it now, but later you will. "Kollo lel 5eer ilazie ye7eboon allah".

Someone asked the following question to His Grace Bishop Youssef:

Q&A Home > P > Prayer

"I have been praying earnestly to God to interfere in a problem. It has been close to 2 years and the problem is getting more complicated. I pray to God to open my heart, eyes and all my senses to see him in my life; but nothing has changed. Actually I feel I am more doubtful than before; and the tiny bit of faith I had is dissipating. I really need advice.

The devil is an instigator and a problem-maker. Most sins are small victories to the evil one; and he roars triumphantly when he succeeds in breaking one's spirit to hopelessness. For once this is achieved; a multitude of sins will flood in. Therefore, submit the problem, wholeheartedly, to God; and then you will be able to submit to His solutions. Continue in prayer, seeking, knocking, and asking; for God answers all prayers. However, His answer can be "yes" or "no". Try to make small but positive and meaningful changes in your life. Let go of the trivial aggravations and trust in God, and in His love for you. Remind yourself of what you have regardless of this complicated part of your life; and of the many prayers that have already been answered in your life and others. Throughout the Holy Bible,
        our fathers Moses, Joshua, David, the prophets, and even St. Stephen (Acts) reminded themselves and others of God's promises, mercies, and saving hand; especially during the hardest of times. The tears of pain will one day become tears of gratitude, even harder to restrain.

"The Lord your God, who goes before you, He will fight for you, according to all He did for you in Egypt before your eyes, and in the wilderness where you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way that you went until you came to this place" (Deuteronomy 1:30-31)."

Also: Will God ignore our prayers when we doubt?

"God does not ignore any prayers. He knows our needs even when we do not pray. However, He expects us to pray persistently and with faith to show Him our love for Him and our dependence on Him. The more we pray in faith the faster He will answer our prayers."

(http://www.suscopts.org/q&a/index.php?catid=292)

Q&A Home > P > Prayer

How does one prevail with God in prayer?

There are many guidelines for prayer. St. John of Damascus states, "prayer is raising up the heart and mind to God."

The Holy Gospel of St. Matthew 6:5-15 specifically tells us how to pray. As you  read this please keep in mind the message given. God wants us not to miss the "spirit" of praying. It is an intimate personal relationship with God and leads to the vision of His Glory. To be made intimate with Him we should be humble, always reminded of our sins, and sincere, always letting prayer come from the heart. We are to pray without ceasing.

When a person prays he or she should have total faith that God is present. One must trust that God hears the prayers and receives them with pleasure. God's love endures and His promise is true. Once God sets His love on a person, He will never turn His back from a request for help. Sometimes, God may let a person sense His love with chastening or with feelings of abandonment  until that person's salvation is complete.
  • One of Abouna's sermons a few weeks ago now was that we have to make time in our lifes for God. Sometimes we can be way too busy, and when I read your post that was what I thought of. It is the same with me. I feel like he isn't there, but something happens and I know he is there all the time. I know it's not him, it's me. His plan has never changed. I stood in front of him yesterday morning and prayed first thing as soon as I got up and I knew how far away I was as soon as I did it. The rest of the day I almost got run over twice,by cars, at the beginning and at the end. He was looking after me.
  • good link, marmar.
    i will pray for both of you who are feeling like this, truly God loves us and will show us the way.
    it is good to pray from the agpeya, even if you can only manage 'our Father' and the prayer of thanksgiving.
  • Thanks everyone  :)