God creating the fallen angle

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I don't understanad if god knows the fuure and abOut every thing
Why did he create the angle who god  knew would fall and become Satan and would cause him to send his only son the the world to die for is and to trample down Satan with his death. Why didnt god just not create that angle the he knew would fall ??

Comments

• well, free will.
    why would God create man, whom he knew would diisobey, sin, and reject Him?
    everyone has their own free will. with that you choose evil or good. Adam, like Satan, chose to disoobey God.
    but there were other angels who used their free will and chose God.
  • You're essentially asking why did God create 'x', eg humans
    We do not know the answer to this question
  • Some things are mysteries. To ponder over this question is to ponder the mind of God, something none of us can possibly know.
  • God did it intentionally to show us humans that He loves us so much He would leave His glory to come and save us.  He also did it because by the incarnation He has a special kind of closeness and brotherhood with us (because He is not just God, He is one of us too).  In the Incarnation He shares our experience,  our suffering,  our sadness, our pain,  our poverty,  our weakness, our failure,  so He can turn it into joy.
  • [quote author=LookingInDesire link=topic=13172.msg154578#msg154578 date=1334440780]
    God did it intentionally to show us humans that He loves us so much He would leave His glory to come and save us.  He also did it because by the incarnation He has a special kind of closeness and brotherhood with us (because He is not just God, He is one of us too).  In the Incarnation He shares our experience,  our suffering,  our sadness, our pain,  our poverty,  our weakness, our failure,  so He can turn it into joy.

This argument has been thoroughly rejected by theologians.
    God did not need to create us.
    He doesn't need us.
  • [quote author=qawe link=topic=13172.msg154580#msg154580 date=1334455402]
    [quote author=LookingInDesire link=topic=13172.msg154578#msg154578 date=1334440780]
    God did it intentionally to show us humans that He loves us so much He would leave His glory to come and save us.  He also did it because by the incarnation He has a special kind of closeness and brotherhood with us (because He is not just God, He is one of us too).  In the Incarnation He shares our experience,  our suffering,  our sadness, our pain,  our poverty,  our weakness, our failure,  so He can turn it into joy.

He doesn't need us.

yes but looking in desire never said anything about God needing to creat us
  • [quote author=qawe link=topic=13172.msg154580#msg154580 date=1334455402]
    He doesn't need us.

The allowance of the fall was intentional, not the creation of man.

I should be clear here about what I meant when I said 'intentional'. It would be wrong to say God wanted the fall, what I mean is God intentionally used the fall to demonstrate His love for us. God reacted to the events of the fall, He wouldn't have wanted us to be subject to death and corruption. However since this did happen it shows us that God loves us more than He would have if he didn't need to save us from death.  It would have been easy for God to destroy us and start again but He didn't want that.

The fall provides a greater opportunity for us to be closer with God.  Take what the scripture says about the Eucharist. It says this is the food which angels desire to eat.  This means that the holy luminous bodies who we want to join in heaven to share in their closeness with God actually desire something which we have!

There is also a story about how there were martyrs who when being taken to heaven by angels shined more brightly than the Angels who came to receive them.  This is because the martyrs who were saved had put on Christ through the sacraments.  When Christ said that people would come who would do greater works than His own, He was referring to us when we pass through death into life.  It is a great work for Christ to defeat death, it is a greater work when it is done by sinful humans.

Martyrs can also make greater offerings of love to God than the angels because an Angel cannot offer the ultimate sacrifice of their life like a martyr can. It is also only possible because we're subject to suffering and death.
  • I think this story is dodgy.
    The fall is not in any way a help to getting closer to God.
    What I was saying before was disagreeing with your giving a reason why God created humans.
    We cannot explain why God created humans with free will.
  • God created Adam and Eve with free will so that His love, being freely given, might be freely received.