Tasbeha Add-On Release!!!!

edited March 2012 in Random Issues
Okay, as promised, here is the tasbeha add-on program.

It is still in beta, meaning that it isn't the final version, but just a test run to see how things go.

So far, it has been working fine for me. We are currently still in need of volunteers in order to help out, but we have two volunteers so far who are answering questions. When we get new volunteers the program will automatically update itself so you don't need to re-download it.

In the bottom of the window of the program you will see that it lists how many people are currently volunteering to answer your question.

Just another notice before i give you the link to download it:
PLEASE DON'T LIE for the country category. The country category is the only category in which you may not enter fake information like for your name (it's okay to put in a fake name). You won't be tracked or anything, but the country category is for the volunteers to determine whether they are able to answer or not.

When you press the "Send Request" button wait for a message box to pop up saying "Message Sent" to ensure that your request is sent. And now without further ado:

Here is the program:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hwh6ld0z11r3qnh

It is a .rar file. Just extract it and make sure that the .dll and the .exe are in the same folder or the program will give you an error.

Please post feed back and technical issues in this thread. Thanks and hopefully this program will be helpful.

Comments

• I downloaded it and then nothing happened. I can't find it anywhere on my computer. Does it work on Macs?

PS: I just realized I've been studying for the wrong profession. Clearly if I want a Shoutbox I would have to figure it out myself. I'm going to switch majors to whatever Geomike is majoring in and make my own Shoutbox.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=13011.msg152952#msg152952 date=1331558310]
    I downloaded it and then nothing happened. I can't find it anywhere on my computer. Does it work on Macs?

PS: I just realized I've been studying for the wrong profession. Clearly if I want a Shoutbox I would have to figure it out myself. I'm going to switch majors to whatever Geomike is majoring in and make my own Shoutbox.

Oh i am sorry. I forgot to say that it is only for WINDOWS operating systems. Maybe in the future i will expand it passed windows, but for now it's windows.

Lol, you and your shoutbox Titl.

Btw, I am surprised that nobody has commented except Titl. There hasn't been any questions sent either, so i don't know if it's because nobody is online or what.
  • So NOBODY has even opened the program. I am just wondering if i wasted my time with this?
  • Geo,

I tried the application last week. It gave me an error message when I opened even though I put the files in the same directory. I also don't understand what the program is supposed to do. Is it a way to send a request to the admins? Or is it a faster way to submit a post on the forums?

Also, the boxes on the cross are not fitting right.

I'm sure you probably described this program in another forum but I couldn't find any information on it.
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=13011.msg152997#msg152997 date=1331665172]
    Geo,

I tried the application last week. It gave me an error message when I opened even though I put the files in the same directory. I also don't understand what the program is supposed to do. Is it a way to send a request to the admins? Or is it a faster way to submit a post on the forums?

Also, the boxes on the cross are not fitting right.

I'm sure you probably described this program in another forum but I couldn't find any information on it.

What Operating System do you have? I tested this on Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit) and Windows Vista(32 and 64 bit) and it works fine.

Also, I didn't post any information on this program on any other forum that's why you didn't find any info.

Thank you for telling me of your problem. I will make a video of the program in action and it should be a good model to you guys to see how it is supposed to be working.
  • I think he means thread?
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=13011.msg153010#msg153010 date=1331676975]
    I think he means thread?

Oh, well, yes, here are the past threads:

http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php/topic,13009.0.html
    http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php/topic,12994.0.html

But this thread is the only thread with the actual program.
  • Geo,
    I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. I got a Microsoft .NET Framework error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this erro and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Unable to load DLL "tasbeha.dll": The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)."

There's a lot of other information under "Details". If you want them, I can pm it to you.

When I click Continue, the program continues. I think it works fine from that point. If you want me to send a question to test it, I can. Let me know.

The other threads explain the program very nicely. I personally think the Cross should be smaller on the side rather than the background. And will it be able to input Coptic letters?
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=13011.msg153058#msg153058 date=1331742406]
    Geo,
    I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. I got a Microsoft .NET Framework error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this erro and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Unable to load DLL "tasbeha.dll": The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)."

There's a lot of other information under "Details". If you want them, I can pm it to you.

When I click Continue, the program continues. I think it works fine from that point. If you want me to send a question to test it, I can. Let me know.

The other threads explain the program very nicely. I personally think the Cross should be smaller on the side rather than the background. And will it be able to input Coptic letters?

Yes please pm me the whole error output.

I get that same error if I take out the dll from the directory of the exe.

What you need to do is :

1. Extract the .rar file (right-click and press extract on the file)
    2. Put Tasbeha Add-on.exe and tasbeha.dll in the same folder
    3. start the exe

If you get that error, the program seems to be running fine, but when you click the send button it won't send your message. That's why it's important that you include the tasbeha.dll in the same place you put the .exe

Other than that it should work, Remnkemi, because i made it on Win7 ultimate x86 (64-bit), so it should work.

Also, I might add that coptic typing functionality in the future, but i don't see why it would be needed as most people wouldn't understand it except you, lol.

Also, I think i am just going to upload the files separately so that you can download the .exe and the .dll separately. Maybe that will be easier.
  • dear geomike,
    it sounds like a great program for computer nerds.
    but a bit complicated for me...
  • Geo, here's the whole message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'tasbeha.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
      at tasbeha.org_Add_On.Form1.CheckStatus(Int32 i)
      at tasbeha.org_Add_On.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
      at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
      at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    tasbeha.org Add-On
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Temp/tasbeha/tasbeha.org%20Add-On.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Both the dll and the exe are already in the same directory. But I still keep getting the same error. Should I try a different directory?

Regarding Coptic typing. Who knows. Maybe someon's "emergency" tasbeha question is "How do you say so and so in Coptic?" or "What is the translation of so and so"? (Yes I know I'm day dreaming. No one would ever ask these questions.  >:( 

Maybe you should make the program work only if the question is asked in Coptic. Maybe this will get people to learn Coptic.  ;)

Thanks for all your effort. God bless you and reward you and accept this program as an acceptable fast offering.
  • Well, if both files are in the same directory then this shouldn't be popping up. This is very weird. What you can try to do is make a new folder and then put both files in there and start the exe and see what happens. If this doesn't work for you, then i will try to see if i can virtually combine both files in one for more convenience. Sorry for the inconvenience Remnkemi.

• So nobody has used it yet, and it has been almost 5 days. Everybody kept saying it was a good idea, but nobody used it, so i am just wondering why.

This won't be the only site that has it because nobody from this site uses it so I will expand the users on other forums, but i am wondering why nobody here has used it.
  • I tried it too but I keep getting an error.  The two files are in the same directory.
  • Okay, i don't know why everybody is having this issue, but i will try to see if i can combine both files so u only have one file. Sorry for the inconvenience guys. The next version should be up soon.