girl that died for 23 hours

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
did you guys hear about the girl who died for 23 hours and went to heaven and hell? she  says she saw michael jackson in hell..she even saw pope john paul! do  you think her story is legit?

http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Prepare_to_meet_your_God/index.htm

Comments

• You are kidding.

To quote the medical books:  no such animal.

Only Dante went to Heaven and Hell.
  • [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=12788.msg150130#msg150130 date=1326076629]
    did you guys hear about the girl who died for 23 hours and went to heaven and hell? she  says she saw michael jackson in hell..she even saw pope john paul! do  you think her story is legit?

http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/Prepare_to_meet_your_God/index.htm

As Christians, we do not rely on these stories to confirm our faith. In fact we don't even base our faith on various apparitions, even those confirmed as genuine by the church.
    We base our faith on Jesus Christ.

In regard to this, the Church hasn't endorsed this "miracle" or strange event as legitimate, so we shouldn't pay attention to it at all, let alone base our faith on it.
  • There are a lot of these types of stories. First it was these erroneous stories of people dying and seeing a light and going to heaven. Then those got old and a book was published "A Divine Revelation of Hell" which tried to scare people into believing. This is not Christian. We know that people do not go to heaven or hell, at least yet. Otherwise there would be no need for a "judgement" if they were already judged. St Hippolytus teaches that we go to hades, which is not hell, or paradise, which is not heaven. Here the souls await judgment. Those who are in hades weep, for they know what is coming, and those in paradise rejoice because they know what is coming. There are countless stories amongst the church fathers, especially monks, that speak of the things after. We are tried and tested by the evil spirits.

How bold of these protestants to even think they could go straight to heaven with no judgment whatsoever!
  • Why do you folk turn to these deceiving websites.

If we are Orthodox then let us focus always and only on Orthodox materials or we will be easy prey for the enemy of our souls.

Believe none of these things.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=12788.msg150136#msg150136 date=1326088816]
    There are a lot of these types of stories. First it was these erroneous stories of people dying and seeing a light and going to heaven. Then those got old and a book was published "A Divine Revelation of Hell" which tried to scare people into believing. This is not Christian. We know that people do not go to heaven or hell, at least yet. Otherwise there would be no need for a "judgement" if they were already judged. St Hippolytus teaches that we go to hades, which is not hell, or paradise, which is not heaven. Here the souls await judgment. Those who are in hades weep, for they know what is coming, and those in paradise rejoice because they know what is coming. There are countless stories amongst the church fathers, especially monks, that speak of the things after. We are tried and tested by the evil spirits.

How bold of these protestants to even think they could go straight to heaven with no judgment whatsoever!

How is it that when we pass away we're taken into Hades or Paradise? Isn't this its own sort of judgement?
  • I died, went to purgatory, saw Amy winehouse, then went to hell, hung out with the devil and Lady Gaga (she is there because I hate her), then went to heaven where I walked on clouds, saw my grandpa, and grandma. Then I raptures back. Anyways, after hearing my story, please take a cheque payable to ReturnOrthodoxy, and place $10000000 as the amount payable.... Oh yeah, on the back, write down if you are "ready to meet your creator."

It's liars and fools like this who give religion a bad name.

ReturnORTHODOXY<------- Not some demonic false denominational heresy.
  • First 5 ' it was interesting to listen to but after that it was tiredness and the behavoir  de la chica  me parecio muy extrano, she seems to be very strange...
  • Correction: 

She was dead 23.2328742903479237529 hours.
  • This is so absurd.