eklerikia

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
why can ibrahim ayad or any of the people coming out of the cliracle cologe, able to put on a farugia
(black galabia like abounas) if their not abounas bishops or the pope if their just oghnostos does this mean any oghnostos deacon is able to where a farugia all the time ??? whats the piont ??

Comments

• i think it's for archdeacons only.
    i may be wrong...
  • Full deacons wear a cassock outside the Church, otherwise it is not part of the dress for lower ranks.
  • I believe it is just their "uniform" if u will
  • Hey,

Yes. In clergy (at least in this time and age), only those who are full consecrated wear the cassock. This means anything above a Deacon. However, the black gown worn by the seminarians is simply uniform. Often, you will not find Ibrahim Ayad wearing the gown.

ReturnOrthodoxy
  • [quote author=ReturnOrthodoxy link=topic=12786.msg150118#msg150118 date=1326065472]
    Hey,

Yes. In clergy (at least in this time and age), only those who are full consecrated wear the cassock. This means anything above a Deacon. However, the black gown worn by the seminarians is simply uniform. Often, you will not find Ibrahim Ayad wearing the gown.

ReturnOrthodoxy

i have seen ibrahim ayad in person and every time i saw him he was wearing it.
  • [quote author=markmarcos link=topic=12786.msg150120#msg150120 date=1326066978]
    i have seen ibrahim ayad in person and every time i saw him he was wearing it.

because he is a teacher there.
  • Is it only archdeacons that grow a beard? Or do deacons do also?
  • [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=12786.msg150124#msg150124 date=1326073743]
    Is it only archdeacons that grow a beard? Or do deacons do also?

full consecrated deacons.
  • Full deacons and archdeacons, in order to exercise the full breadth of their ministry, are required to grow a beard, wear a cassock, and dedicate their vocation to the ministry.

There are those of the rank of deacon and archdeacon, who do not grow their beard, and as such, are not allowed to give Communion from the Chalice or other aspects of their defined ministry.  They, however, having accepted that rank, are bound by certain regulations:  they cannot remarry, they cannot marry if they have not done so--or if they do marry they are removed from that rank, and they are bound to assume the duties of a priest in the event of an emergency during the Liturgy with the repose of the officiating priest during the service (after the making of the Body and Blood of the Lord).  I guess one can see in this point, they are like reservists.

CIA, is a professor at the Seminary (clerical college).  He is not a deacon or an archdeacon.  He is granted the title of Arch-epsaltos.  His Holiness has granted him the honor of wearing the sash of a subdeacon, despite him not being a subdeacon.  He wears street clothes in Egypt.  He wears the black robe to seminary and when he travels outside of Egypt.