The Talmud

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Judaisms holiest books, the talmud. These books take precedence over the old testament scripture and is a collection of writings from rabbis, its authority is spoken of in the talmud Erubin 21b: "My son, be more careful in the observance of the words of the Scribes than in the words of the Torah (Old Testament)." The Talmud contains two parts, the Mishnah which was written down in 200 CE and the Gemara dated to 500 CE. The talmud was contained in oral tradition only, for many years before it was written, possibly predating the destruction of the temple in 70 CE.

Much is said of islam and the violence contained in both the koran and hadiths, but what the talmud says of Christians, Christ, St. Mary, and non-jews as a whole makes islam look like disney. Here are some examples to show that jews are not as "innocent" as the media portrays. Perhaps this hatred that seeps from their holy mens hands is the reason for their supposed persecution.

Erubin 21b. Whosoever disobeys the rabbis deserves death and will be punished by being boiled in hot excrement in hell.

Sanhedrin 58b. If a heathen (gentile) hits a Jew, the gentile must be killed.

Sanhedrin 57a . A Jew need not pay a gentile ("Cuthean") the wages owed him for work.

Baba Kamma 37b. "If an ox of an Israelite gores an ox of a Canaanite there is no liability; but if an ox of a Canaanite gores an ox of an Israelite...the payment is to be in full."

Jews May Steal from Non-Jews

Baba Mezia 24a . If a Jew finds an object lost by a gentile ("heathen") it does not have to be returned. (Affirmed also in Baba Kamma 113b). Sanhedrin 76a. God will not spare a Jew who "marries his daughter to an old man or takes a wife for his infant son or returns a lost article to a Cuthean..."

Jews May Rob and Kill Non-Jews

Sanhedrin 57a . When a Jew murders a gentile ("Cuthean"), there will be no death penalty. What a Jew steals from a gentile he may keep.

Baba Kamma 37b. The gentiles are outside the protection of the law and God has "exposed their money to Israel."

Jews May Lie to Non-Jews

Baba Kamma 113a. Jews may use lies ("subterfuges") to circumvent a Gentile.

Non-Jewish Children are Sub-Human

Yebamoth 98a. All gentile children are animals.

Abodah Zarah 36b. Gentile girls are in a state of niddah (filth) from birth.

Abodah Zarah 22a-22b . Gentiles prefer sex with cows.

Insults Against Blessed Mary

Sanhedrin 106a . Says Jesus' mother was a whore: "She who was the descendant of princes and governors played the harlot with carpenters." Also in footnote #2 to Shabbath 104b of the Soncino edition, it is stated that in the "uncensored" text of the Talmud it is written that Jesus mother, "Miriam the hairdresser," had sex with many men.

Gloats over Christ Dying Young

A passage from Sanhedrin 106 gloats over the early age at which Jesus died: "Hast thou heard how old Balaam (Jesus) was?--He replied: It is not actually stated but since it is written, Bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days it follows that he was thirty-three or thirty-four years old."

I must warn you, this next part is graphic and blasphemous. I put it here to show what the jews think of Christ and Christians

Jesus in the Talmud:

Horrible Blasphemies Against Jesus Christ

While it is the standard disinformation practice of apologists for the Talmud to deny that it contains any scurrilous references to Jesus Christ, certain Orthodox Jewish organizations are more forthcoming and admit that the Talmud not only mentions Jesus but disparages him (as a sorcerer and a demented sex freak). These orthodox Jewish organizations make this admission perhaps out of the belief that Jewish supremacy is so well-established in the modern world that they need not concern themselves with adverse reactions.

For example, on the website of the Orthodox Jewish Hasidic Lubavitch group--one of the largest in the world--we find the following statement, complete with Talmudic citations:

"The Talmud (Babylonian edition) records other sins of 'Jesus the Nazarene':

1) He and his disciples practiced sorcery and black magic, led Jews astray into idolatry, and were sponsored by foreign, gentile powers for the purpose of subverting Jewish worship (Sanhedrin 43a).

2) He was sexually immoral, worshipped statues of stone (a brick is mentioned), was cut off from the Jewish people for his wickedness, and refused to repent (Sanhedrin 107b; Sotah 47a).

3) He learned witchcraft in Egypt and, to perform miracles, used procedures that involved cutting his flesh, which is also explicitly banned in the Bible (Shabbos 104b).

End quote from http://www.noahide.com/yeshu.htm (Lubavitch website) June 20, 2000.

[Note: we have printed and preserved in our files a hard copy of this statement from the Lubavitch"Noah's Covenant Website," as it appeared on their website at http://www.noahide.com on June 20, 2000, in the event that denials are later issued and the statement itself suppressed].

Let us examine further some of these anti-Christ Talmud passages:

Gittin 57a. Says Jesus is in hell, being boiled in "hot excrement."

Sanhedrin 43a. Says Jesus ("Yeshu" and in Soncino footnote #6, Yeshu "the Nazarene") was executed because he practiced sorcery: "It is taught that on the eve of Passover Jesus was hung, and forty days before this the proclamation was made: Jesus is to be stoned to death because he has practiced sorcery and has lured the people to idolatry...He was an enticer and of such thou shalt not pity or condone."

Kallah 51a."The elders were once sitting in the gate when two young lads passed by; one covered his head and the other uncovered his head. Of him who uncovered his head Rabbi Eliezer remarked that he is a bastard. Rabbi Joshua remarked that he is the son of a niddah (a child conceived during a woman's menstrual period). Rabbi Akiba said that he is both a bastard and a son of a niddah.

"They said, 'What induced you to contradict the opinion of your colleagues?' He replied, "I will prove it concerning him." He went to the lad's mother and found her sitting in the market selling beans.

"He said to her, 'My daughter, if you will answer the question I will put to you, I will bring you to the world to come.' (eternal life). She said to him, 'Swear it to me.'

"Rabbi Akiba, taking the oath with his lips but annulling it in his heart, said to her, 'What is the status of your son?' She replied, 'When I entered the bridal chamber I was niddah (menstruating) and my husband kept away from me; but my best man had intercourse with me and this son was born to me.' Consequently the child was both a bastard and the son of a niddah.

"It was declared, '..Blessed be the God of Israel Who Revealed His Secret to Rabbi Akiba..."

In addition to the theme that God rewards clever liars, the preceding Talmud discussion is actually about Jesus Christ (the bastard boy who "uncovered his head" and was conceived in the filth of menstruation). The boy's adulterous mother in this Talmud story is the mother of Christ, Blessed Mary (called Miriam and sometimes, Miriam the hairdresser, in the Talmud).
"The Editio Princeps of the complete Code of Talmudic Law, Maimonides' Mishneh Torah -- replete not only with the most offensive precepts against all Gentiles but also with explicit attacks on Christianity and on Jesus (after whose name the author adds piously, 'May the name of the wicked perish')... --Dr. Israel Shahak, Jewish History, Jewish Religion, p. 21.

"The Talmud contains a few explicit references to Jesus...These references are certainly not complimentary...There seems little doubt that the account of the execution of Jesus on the eve of Passover does refer to the Christian Jesus...The passage in which Jesus' punishment in hell is described also seems to refer to the Christian Jesus. It is a piece of anti-Christian polemic dating from the post-70 CE period..." --Hyam Maccoby, Judaism on Trial, pp. 26-27.

"According to the Talmud, Jesus was executed by a proper rabbinical court for idolatry, inciting other Jews to idolatry, and contempt of rabbinical authority. All classical Jewish sources which mention his execution are quite happy to take responsibility for it; in the talmudic account the Romans are not even mentioned.

"The more popular accounts--which were nevertheless taken quite seriously--such as the notorious Toldot Yeshu are even worse, for in addition to the above crimes they accuse him of witchcraft. The very name 'Jesus' was for Jews a symbol of all that is abominable and this popular tradition still persists...

"The Hebrew form of the name Jesus--Yeshu--was interpreted as an acronym for the curse, 'may his name and memory be wiped out,' which is used as an extreme form of abuse. In fact, anti-zionist Orthodox Jews (such as Neturey Qarta) sometimes refer to Herzl as 'Herzl Jesus' and I have found in religious zionist writings expressions such as "Nasser Jesus" and more recently 'Arafat Jesus." --Dr. Israel Shahak, Jewish History, Jewish Religion, pp. 97- 98, 118.

Talmud Attacks Christians and Christian Books

Rosh Hashanah 17a. Christians (minnim) and others who reject the Talmud will go to hell and be punished there for all generations.

Sanhedrin 90a. Those who read the New Testament ("uncanonical books") will have no portion in the world to come.

Shabbath 116a. Jews must destroy the books of the Christians, i.e. the New Testament.

Dr. Israel Shahak of Hebrew University reports that the Israelis burned hundreds of New Testament Bibles in occupied Palestine on March 23, 1980 (cf. Jewish History, Jewish Religion, p. 21).

Comments

• [quote author=Mark 7:8-13]
    You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.” And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,' and, ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.' But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God) then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

I believe that the Talmud simply shows the perversion which Jesus was speaking against (although the talmud was written after).

ReturnOrthodoxy
  • [quote author=ReturnOrthodoxy link=topic=12662.msg148730#msg148730 date=1323311779]
    [quote author=Mark 7:8-13]
    You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.” And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,' and, ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.' But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God) then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

I believe that the Talmud simply shows the perversion which Jesus was speaking against (although the talmud was written after).

ReturnOrthodoxy

The Talmud was written after Christ, but it was passed on through oral tradition. I believe that it was in existence during the time of Christ. This is why the jews would not personally kill Christ, because the talmud teaches against this. However, they can have him killed, they just cannot physically do it themselves. Christ also speaks against them on several occasions. In fact they are spoken of as those who call themselves jews but are not, but are the synagogue of satan.
  • I'll need to look into this more before I can draw a conclusion, since I am sure you can also pick and choose Bible verses and present them in such a way that makes Christianity look horrible.
  • Now this is a discussion I would like to hear you have with a Jew!

• I don't if I'd put any weight into this; I've never heard of a mob of Jews burning down a church, slamming planes in a building, blowing supermarkets, etc. I think I'll reserve my judgement based on their acts which (unlike Islam) do not correlate with these books. I albelieve the passages about Jesus might actually refer to someone else but I'm not  sure; they don't  believe in Jesus so I'm not sure we should expect a book written centuries ago to be politically correct. Again, you might be right but I've yet to see Jewish mobs runing after us unlike those of the Religion of Peace.
  • [quote author=pharoh123 link=topic=12662.msg148760#msg148760 date=1323355694]
    I don't if I'd put any weight into this; I've never heard of a mob of Jews burning down a church, slamming planes in a building, blowing supermarkets, etc. I think I'll reserve my judgement based on their acts which (unlike Islam) do not correlate with these books. I albelieve the passages about Jesus might actually refer to someone else but I'm not  sure; they don't  believe in Jesus so I'm not sure we should expect a book written centuries ago to be politically correct. Again, you might be right but I've yet to see Jewish mobs runing after us unlike those of the Religion of Peace.

According to the main stream media the jews are an innocent and persecuted people. If you never heard of jews persecuting Christians then study the history of Egypt, there is a reason St Cyril kicked them out. The Bolshevik revolution was funded by jews who were angry with the Czar for refusing to work with foreign banks and for restricting the jews in his own country.

The genocide perpetrated by israel against the arab people of palestine constitutes as a crime. The genocide of millions of german civilians after WWII is a result of jewish lies about the holocaust. The jews own the media, the us government (the not so federal federal reserve) and have a monopoly on the global banking system. Study zionism.
  • I live in a highly populated Jewish town.  Many of my friends are Jewish by birth.  4 of them declared their Atheism to their parents already. Most of them aren't strict Jews and many are only Jewish because their parents are.  I don't think many Jewish people know what this book is except for the Orthodox ones.  I'm sure if they did, they would openly hate Christians and "Gentiles" like the Muslims do, who know that they are supposed to hate and kill Christians.
  • [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=12662.msg148773#msg148773 date=1323377517]
    I live in a highly populated Jewish town.  Many of my friends are Jewish by birth.  4 of them declared their Atheism to their parents already. Most of them aren't strict Jews and many are only Jewish because their parents are.  I don't think many Jewish people know what this book is except for the Orthodox ones.  I'm sure if they did, they would openly hate Christians and "Gentiles" like the Muslims do, who know that they are supposed to hate and kill Christians.

Well of course, in any religion you have people that may be part of it but not know what it says or teaches. Ever watch a comedy special? Or even a lot of the hollywood movies? Many of them mock Christ or Christianity, openly. They do it in a way they can get away with it. Yet, I am sure if any comedian openly mocked the jews, they would not have a job anymore. The main culprits are zionists, not your average every day jew, who probably knows nothing of the talmud.

In the book of Revelation 3:9 they are referred to as "the synagogue of satan" that they call themselves jews but are not. This is because judaism today has no resemblance to the judaism of the OT and is not real judaism. Their house has been left desolate. Take this post as you wish, however, I have a feeling that if this were anything other than judaism, there would be quite a few posts that are not so nice. Because this is judaism everyone seems to be quite wishy washy and unwilling to say "that is wrong".
  • When you speak of zionism are you referring to the zionist, conspiracy?

Please pray for me,

LiD
  • [quote author=LoveisDivine link=topic=12662.msg148786#msg148786 date=1323381220]
    When you speak of zionism are you referring to the zionist, conspiracy?

Please pray for me,

LiD

Modern judaism is zionism, it is racist and disgusting.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=12662.msg148791#msg148791 date=1323386048]
    [quote author=LoveisDivine link=topic=12662.msg148786#msg148786 date=1323381220]
    When you speak of zionism are you referring to the zionist, conspiracy?

Please pray for me,

LiD

Modern judaism is zionism, it is racist and disgusting.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • You might be right Ioannes.
    I'm not sure if you mean Jews are worst than Muslims; I'd still think it is Muslims because of what happens in Egypt, but then again, we've never seen Jews in power over Christians so who knows how bad they could be; you might be right.
  • [quote author=pharoh123 link=topic=12662.msg148798#msg148798 date=1323394323]
    You might be right Ioannes.
    I'm not sure if you mean Jews are worst than Muslims; I'd still think it is Muslims because of what happens in Egypt, but then again, we've never seen Jews in power over Christians so who knows how bad they could be; you might be right.

Jews are smarter in their operation. They do rule over us, the USA is an extension of the israeli state, which is why we fight wars for them. Our policy is driven and determined by them. I mean, dont you find it odd that we spent millions of dollars on a holocaust museum, then turn around and outright deny the Armenian genocide? Christianity is vigorously attacked in this country, people get sued for putting up nativity scenes or crosses, but then they have a minorah placed on the whitehouse front lawn.

The jews are attacking us, we are just so focused on the physical that we cannot see it. We think because muslims threaten us physically that they are worse, that is far from true. Under persecution the early church thrived more than ever. But when it was theologically and morally attacked, schisms occurred. What you read in the talmud is far worse than islam.