Tilampas??

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Recently, i have been listening to some recordings for the sherat, and in these recordings i have been hearing Ti lampas used instead of pi lampas. Obviously they are now referring to the lamp in the feminine because the recording also says ti ekrom in one of the verses about the lamp. But when did this change come about and why has it not been addressed? 

Comments

• [quote author=christ_rose link=topic=12660.msg148681#msg148681 date=1323293991]
    Recently, i have been listening to some recordings for the sherat, and in these recordings i have been hearing Ti lampas used instead of pi lampas. Obviously they are now referring to the lamp in the feminine because the recording also says ti ekrom in one of the verses about the lamp. But when did this change come about and why has it not been addressed?

It came about when we lost our language ....
  • well yes, but it was always pi lampas. Im assuming because St Mary is a woman and her symbolisms are masculine they changed the prepositions to feminine but im not sure.
  • [quote author=christ_rose link=topic=12660.msg148757#msg148757 date=1323353724]
    well yes, but it was always pi lampas. Im assuming because St Mary is a woman and her symbolisms are masculine they changed the prepositions to feminine but im not sure.

No it should always be bilambas and pikrome regardless ...
  • i agree with you lol thats why im asking